British Speedway Forum
arnieg

Russian League

7 teams competed in the league this year.

Those were Togliatti, Oktyabrsky, Vladivostok, Balakovo, Salavat, Rivne and (another) Balakovo.

Each team races the others once home and once away, so 6 home matches each during the course of the league season.

This season the first match took place on 19th of April, between Rivne and Oktyabrsky, and the final match took place on 10th of October between Rivne and Togliatti.

The suggestion that there will be a foreign rider limit is rather interesting. I wonder what they will be classing as foreign?

Will Rivne only be allowed to use one non Ukrainian rider? You have to think that they would be fairly screwed if that is the case, given the number of decent Ukrainians around at the moment.

Those were Togliatti, Oktyabrsky, Vladivostok, Balakovo, Salavat, Rivne and (another) Balakovo.

Each team races the others once home and once away, so 6 home matches each during the course of the league season.

This season the first match took place on 19th of April, between Rivne and Oktyabrsky, and the final match took place on 10th of October between Rivne and Togliatti.

The suggestion that there will be a foreign rider limit is rather interesting. I wonder what they will be classing as foreign?

Will Rivne only be allowed to use one non Ukrainian rider? You have to think that they would be fairly screwed if that is the case, given the number of decent Ukrainians around at the moment.

Thanks for your informed reply!! :)

I suspect that Ukranians and Russians would not be regarded as foreigners irrespective of who they rode for.

Other relevant bit of info on Russian League is that their matches are on Thursdays.

I suspect that Ukranians and Russians would not be regarded as foreigners irrespective of who they rode for.

Other relevant bit of info on Russian League is that their matches are on Thursdays.

I think you are right on the first point.

But only mostly thursday,not exclusively.Same as the Danish League is mainly wednesday,but other days are also used

In Balakovo russian menagers of speedway teams decided that in next season in each team in the race can start 2 riders from other countries.

I think,that it is good for russian speedway,because some russian riders want to get inadequate salary.They have very little competition...

And if you want to see statistics of russian league,join Sergey Ryzkovich site.All information there is in russian,but you can ask me(I speak russian good) or other fans(for example Niklos or Weter) for help.

In Russia they have also very good speedway forum where you can write also in english-many fans from Latvia,Ukraine,Russia understand english.There you can find on-lines and other interesting information.There're very responsive people and they will help you to understand,what is written,where you can find interesting information.

Edited by Stomat

obviously the shape of the track and the seating is slightly different, but facility wise that place is not a mark on Newcastle Greyhound Stadium with its Juul suite!

Of course :D:lol:

:

:blink: Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Complete machine shop! I know Bees have some containers converted as workshops, but I don't think there is anything more sophisticated as an electric drill in them! :D

Mr Sandhu does want to modernise Brandon but I don't think he could quite match this, even if the local planners would let him. :rolleyes:

Change of rules of the Russian league on 2008. in one race, for one command, an only one foreigner is possible.

:neutral: So that's one foreigner per team per match if I understand correctly.Does this mean that a club could use maybe three foreign riders during a season for say three matches each, or does it mean that a club may only use one foreigner during a season?

If clubs can use only one, then they are surely only going to go for the very best, so all this talk of the Elite Leagues top dozen or more riders disappearing to earn fortunes in Russia seems to be sheer pie in the sky! :rolleyes: