British Speedway Forum
arnieg

Russian League

Think the rules have been amended last week.So 2 foreign riders can now ride in a meeting for each team

Doesn't really belong here,but this is where the Russian/Soviet experts look,so....

Can anyone put names to faces in this photo from 1990 tour?.

USSR

Doesn't really belong here,but this is where the Russian/Soviet experts look,so....

Can anyone put names to faces in this photo from 1990 tour?.

USSR

I've found a photo in S Star (5.5.90), and the line-up is;

Gregori Characheko (who I think is still riding), Nikolai Kornev, grigori Chlynovky (former world finalist and TM on this tour), Vladimir Trofimov (on bike), Igor Marko, sergei Tershak, Igor Zverev; and front: Viktor Gadiym and Mikhail Starostin

Thanks arnieg.Think Kornev has also made a comeback on ice this year. :D

Just typed Vladivostok in Google to try to find the track... but I was quite shocked, are they really racing in the Vladivostok near Japan ? :blink: (400 kilometers east from Jilin)

That's the one...home of the Russian fleet. Mad how far away that is...

Wooow amazing, they really have to make loads of kilometers for there team meetings :blink:.

Just typed Vladivostok in Google to try to find the track... but I was quite shocked, are they really racing in the Vladivostok near Japan ?  :blink: (400 kilometers east from Jilin)

Yep, that's what caused some of the problems with Renat Gafurov when he rode for us ,as he rode for Vladivostok, shame really as i really liked Renat and would have liked to have seen him back in our team.

Lee Richardson has confirmed in local press today that he has signed to ride 6 matches for Balakovo in 2008 on Thursdays.

Plus UK + Sweden + Poland, of course. Who needs the GP's?

:)

Edited by TwoMinuteWarning

Lee Richardson has confirmed in local press today that he has signed to ride 6 matches for Balakovo in 2008 on Thursdays.

Thats not even far :D if they are all home matches...

For the Russian guys on this forum. Do you know if there are any plans for more teams to be formed over there. My wife's from Volgograd and we visit a couple of times a year, would be good if something was going on in the area. Motor sport is catching on there, kart club formed and racing on a circuit laid out in the car park of the football stadium. Car 1/4 mile drag racing on an old airstrip, plenty of youngsters are car and motorsport mad. We've just got back and have been given a tour of various activities which will again be run from April to September. Several sites in the city would make for good speedway.

Wooow amazing, they really have to make loads of kilometers for there team meetings  :blink:.

I'm in Southampton and my wife comes from Volgopgrad, Russia. We visit a couple of times a year, an express train trip from Volgograd to Vladivostok takes 7 DAYS. It's a slightly bigger country than England.....................

7 teams competed in the league this year.

Those were Togliatti, Oktyabrsky, Vladivostok, Balakovo, Salavat, Rivne and (another) Balakovo.

Looks like the league is down to just 5 teams this year.Togliatti,SK Turbina Balakovo,Vladivostok,Salavat and Chervonograd(Ukraine)which is near to the Polish border and a fair trek from Vladivostok!!! :unsure:

Russian fixtures

Edited by iris123