British Speedway Forum

Looks like PTW and Mr Valente will be at Poole in 2008 after all.

Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

i have booked my ticket for the big meeting as a poole surporter why would`nt i .

i am going to about 6 to 9 poole meetings and trying to get to every somerset home meeting and every weymouth home meeting.

the resson i was not comeing to poole in 2008 much is the team limit of 38.85 not that i do not surport poole anymore

lakeside ch

coventry x2

lakeside x2

eastbourne good friday

wolves x1

peterbough x1

and the big meeting

Edited by Andy Valente

i have booked my ticket for the big meeting as a poole surporter why would`nt i .

i am going to about 6 or seven poole meetings and trying to get to every somerset home meeting and every weymouth home meeting.

the resson i was not comeing to poole in 2008 much is the team limit of 38.85 not that i do not surport poole anymore

lakeside ch

coventry x2

lakeside x2

eastbourne good friday

and the big meeting

Not going to the play off final then ?

Well im comin as it sounds a good line-up and being a Poole fan i cant really miss a big meeting like this, i may attend 1/2meetigs after that at Poole but that will be it, and will still follow Poole on Sky and there results B)

Good on you PTW. Even if the limit is lower as least we have a better chance than last year of winning silverware.

lol how the mood has changed :P

im sure ill see you down poole more than 1/2 twice andy :P

well maybe 3 times but not many more

Good on you PTW. Even if the limit is lower as least we have a better chance than last year of winning silverware.

yeah we sorry Poole have a better chance this year and IMO its a 2 horse race between Lakeside and Poole for the title

As AV said in a previous post its not that we dont support Poole its the fact that the limit is so low and nt worth paying the same addmission money,pay less and watch better racing at somerset i say :)

And spend £20 in petrol getting there to watch a lower standard of racing. Yep. Makes sense.

And spend £20 in petrol getting there to watch a lower standard of racing. Yep. Makes sense.

lower standard doesnt necessarily mean lower entertainment Steve.

Thats not the argument though. They have turned their backs on Poole because of the 38.85 limit, not because racing is better at Somerset.

Thats not the argument though. They have turned their backs on Poole because of the 38.85 limit, not because racing is better at Somerset.

Which it is. Best track in the country. :approve:

NEWSFLASH

The cause of the latest earth tremors to hit Britain has been put down to the last minute stampede of people wanting the few!! remaining tickets for this meeting :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH

The cause of the latest earth tremors to hit Britain has been put down to the last minute stampede of people wanting the few!! remaining tickets for this meeting :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH

Apologies at the recently misinformed newsflash. The earth tremors have actually been put down to rolling tumbleweed......

it does not cost £20 to get to somerset steve and its a better entretanment

it does not cost £20 to get to somerset steve and its a better entretanment

Not very often I agree with Mr Shovlar, but I do believe that you did state the reason you was not going to Poole was down to the points level.

How can it be better than watching your own club win? I have seen great meetings at Poole, which is easily one of the best tracks in the country, and I have seen bad meetings. But this is tempered by the team winning. I can watch a great meeting at Somerset, but leave feeling empty because it means little to me. Racing good. Thats it.

Oh and racing can be crap there as well.

I think you and PTW have cut off your nose to spite your face and are going to miss a cracking season at Wimborne Road in 2008, starting with the Jubilee meeting.