British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jblanch69

How do you spell Knutson in as in Bjorn. Correctly?

OK Newbold, I will use that one if I may :)

Pmsl don't worry about whether Knutson has one or 2 s's how about spelling Norbold's name right!!!! ;)

Nice one Jim :D

Look forward to meeting you at the VSRA meal. Lets see if you and Shazz can keep the peace for an evening ;)

Shazz is a nice girl really.... a bit 'flaky' sometimes but a nice girl.

I really enjoy the Coventry meal as all my old heroes start staggering around drunk. Look out for the Scottish contingent too... very funny

Shazz is a nice girl really.... a bit 'flaky' sometimes but a nice girl.

How come every single thread on this Forum finishes up with you and Shazzy having a pop at each other?

Norbold..... That Honey person is always horrible to me! :cry:

Jim .... I'm not as nasty as he makes out either.

but Steve...... if you keep on ........ :roll:

Funny how the 61 final programme at Malmo has him spelt with 2 s' .

I am looking forward to it too. There will be others no doubt as well as Shazz (Flaky??) wanting to have a pop at me, like their chairman for instance. Cheers,

Jim

Oi... don't flatter yourself I would not dream of showing my relatives, their friends and myself up @ any sort of function and if you think that, then you are highly mistaken, no smart comments required from ANYBODY as to what I say on here and what I do in person, they are two completely different situations!

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I think I know how Bjorn feels.

I have a few companies who persist in getting my first name wrong on my mail and after telling them two or three times and nothing happens then I forget it and let them keep going.

So long as my mail keeps getting to me (which it does) then it's easier to simply go with the flow. They seem to take my money ok even though the name on my payment doesn't quite agree with their records !!

PS. I thought the only thing Canterbury was known for was a Cathedral...

Well obviously you know nothing about British Speedway and the man who bought it to the UK, or else you would know more about Canterbury than the Cathedral wouldn't you ............. Touché :D

I have a few companies who persist in getting my first name wrong on my mail

How can you get Sir wrong? :-o

Sur, Cir, Surr?

er

three foot, nine foot ?

And

for clasic, Yorkshire style , prononnon-chi-achons,

Do come and visit the centre green at Kirky Lane.

Here you will find the name of anyone born east of ipswich have their name changed unrecognisably, and "young riders" will mysteriously turn into their dads . (Allegedly Phil Crump won a few races last season).

Can't knock his enthusiasm though - think I am missing him already :!:

So, I still have to admit that the only thing the word Canterbury means to me is a Cathedral....and err hop picking. Sorry :oops:

Do Hop pickers do it on one leg :D:)

Like Speedway Riders Do It At The Tapes!!!

I had a sticker with that printed on it years ago....... another good one was ....... Eastbourne who are they!!!!!!!! only Canterbury fans would understand that though!! :roll:

Like Speedway Riders Do It At The Tapes!!!

I had a sticker with that printed on it years ago....... another good one was ....... Eastbourne who are they!!!!!!!! only Canterbury fans would understand that though!! :roll:

One of my all time favorite stickers that one about 'them down their' looked good in black as well,those were the days :twisted:

Yes, I would be happy to help Jim. The only problem is, is that I am just about to jet off to the Antipodes for a month. If you can wait I'll do it when I come back.

Actually, come to think of it, I did write a short appraisal a little while back on the old Forum. Maybe Phil could find it for you...if you ask nicely ;-)

Now then, back to the Ove Fundin question. Are you talking about the meeting on 28 June 1961? Our Split did indeed beat Ove twice in the match and once in the second half, but Ove did have his revenge in the second half final, beating Split in to second place.

But it was one of those all too rare occasions down the Old Kent Road when Split showed something of the form that took him to the runner-up spot twice in the World Championship in the early 50s. He scored a paid maximum that night. Happy days!

I was also there - what a night!