British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
drakey

Will Sky Show Grand Prix next week.

The problem lies in the fact that it's the FIM who will make the decision and they won't give a toss about the British domestic speedway. If the rule says they can't do it then they'll just change the rule !

At the end of the day, they're going to favour the sport's "flagship" event rather than worry about the inconvenience to specific British clubs. It's the way of the world, the money is in corporate sponsorship and that means GP's and such like, and so that's what will take precedence. It doesn't matter whether we like it or not, ultimately our thoughts and opinions will count for nothing.

Dead right SL.

It's a pity that all British Speedway fans can't see the bigger picture. OK so it's good to watch the top riders racing against one another for the World Championship BUT NOT at the expense of our leagues. I still think it would have been possible to restage the meeting on Sunday at a permanent swedish track, all the equipment and riders and fans were there. But BSI wouldn't do that because half their sponsors are the Polish arm of the big companies and they know they wouldn't have been happy with all the top riders out of their Polish League meetings. BUT they had

no hesitation restaging it next Saturday when it hits BRITISH RACING big time!! Surely no british fan can disagree that there is something wrong with their decision??

We await their press release tomorrow, surely they will cancel the event completely or hold it on a mutually agreed date with the world leagues?

Rumor has it that this gp will be run at Vogens but no date, I hope it's not run this weekend, maybe they should leave it until after the last gp in Denmark?

Just had a look at the press release by Benfield sports, and it is def going on this weekend. Seems like they are trying to encourage fans to go as they are holding all manner of special things. The press release didn't mention anything about problems with riders and their British clubs and it does say that the top 5 riders will be signing autographs before the start. Where does that leave the Elite league this weekend then?

Just had a look at Sky website - no news yet, but I'm hopeful because the list of tv meetings has gone completely......could they be updating it?!!!

Just had a look at Sky website - no news yet, but I'm hopeful because the list of tv meetings has gone completely......could they be updating it?!!!

Have spoken to Sky several times this morning and as far as they were aware, no coverage has been planned (mind you, the bosses may not have told the minions). I have been told to ring on Friday

Where does that leave the Elite league this weekend then?

up rubbish creek without a paddle....

The press release didn't mention anything about problems with riders and their British clubs

Of course it doesn't because BSI don't care. :-(

Steve have you got a life raft ?

Ive just got back from a lovely sunny weekend in Gothenburg - it would have been nice if there was some speedway for us to watch as well. Now they annouce that Saturday night will be a fab event for all the fans - you may even get chance to join in and be a part of it yourself. Well Im sorry, but what about us the rest of us who cant make it back for Saturday and will have to be content watching it on Sky, if they bother showing it.

An update on the coverage is that Sky are sending their team out to cover the event according to people we spoke to at the stadium on Sunday.

It's difficult to see how Sky could show it on Saturday - they have four sports channels (1, 2, 3 & Extra) and all four are showing live sports events on saturday night. One is showing live football, one is showing the England v France rugby union game live, another is showing live super league and one is showing live tennis. Therefore, given that they can't move these around the schedules as they're live events, then I would say the chances of them showing the GP live are somewhere between slim and none.

They could always use sky sports news as they do for play offs or Gillette soccer saturday ;) Went through the Tv guides to saturday but no mention ..................... yet.

Whilst Trees and Starlady have their annual anti-BSI propaganda agenda whats the betting when in the riders conference did John Posselwaite say to the riders "If we re-stage next saturday will you all be available?"

I bet they all stood up and said "Oh no we have got Elite League fixtures we cannot be here" or did they say "Yep we will be here" I'll leave the answers to the rest of you :roll:

Whilst Trees and Starlady have their annual anti-BSI propaganda agenda

Typical :!: when I don't cheer for a British rider you slate me and when I stick up for British speedway you still slate me :-(

I do think Star Lady and Trees have raised some very good points and I do agree with many of their views. However, I don't think we should be deprived of watching the GP live. I know Sky are not at fault and its all Ole Olsen and co's fault, I also appreciate that they have other live events which they have already agreed to show which have been advertised, but why should we suffer??

I dont know about many of you, but if they decide to show the GP on Sunday morn, I will prob have already checked for the results on the net! I have money on as I usually do and I really enjoy the GP's so it will be really hard to keep the result away from me! I know we can avoid the net, teletext and ask our friends etc not to inform us, but I know I will want to know whose won, I can't wait till almost 12 hours after. A large majority of fans will prob already know the result before they sit down to watch it and for me it will spoil all the excitement as I will know who will make the final and who will be eliminated etc.

There are prob people reading this, saying well if you don't want to know the result then just don't try and find out anywhere! I know thats right but I'm just saying we shouldn't have to wait all that time, its so annoying :x

Typical :!: when I don't cheer for a British rider you slate me and when I stick up for British speedway you still slate me :-(

You never cheer a british rider I think i got the slating from Lynn fans for cheering for Scott Nicholls ;)

I hope it is live on sky but if they show the recorded version in full I for one will be happy. I hope it is a great night for everyone in Sweden

You never cheer a british rider

excuse me Jason Crump was born in Bristol how much more British can you get :P :evil: