British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Updates on this meeting will be available Here

Curious.

I was told today that Harris is injured and not going to Sweden. Hmm. And someone saw him at the stadium yesterday limping badly - poorly knee.

So maybe he rode for his club, will rest instead of riding in a 'non essential meeting' and then be ready for what is quite a big meeting at the weekend.

And I dont mean that in a negative way to Boyce but in reality that would be the most sensible option.

I hope you all have a good evening tomorow though :D

Chris wasnt at the stadium sunday he was at home resting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris wasnt at the stadium sunday he was at home resting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies - I meant Monday. Its been a long week :rolleyes::unsure:

I know he wasnt there Sunday as we were all there.

Good night for both Doyley and Frampton B)

frampton looked good tonight, not far behind the others and beat the wild card for saturday. was impressed.

NO she would hate it. She would find it far too noisy, smelly and boring.

nothing to do with the speedway mate :wink: ( couldnt resist )

have to say i loved the mini motos in the interval. that was hilarious, especially with boycey cutting across the centre green to try and take the lead. how kennett, watt and holder managed to do wheelies on them i'll never know!!

Perhaps not the best of meetings to take first timers to, who were quite frankly bored witless by proceedings. Guess I should have introduced them to a league meeting where the riders were trying more than 70%.

A good crowd turned up and the meeting was delayed by 25 mins, which didn't help. and this was folowed by a further very lengthy delay when someone had to be taken to hospital. By then I was getting it in the ear from my wife who wanted to go. It was heat 8 and the little un was screaming as it was too noisy and she wanted to go home!

But a reasonably good night with a few good heats. Crump certainly took it seriously and blasted everyone away by about 50 metres. Like Adams it was impressive, but slightly boring to see. Rather he missed the gate and had a race. While it might make him feel good, winning by the proverbial does little to get the crowd going or the pulse racing.

Howe rode well, and Frampton and Doyle were very good value. The two races with Sam E and Rosco were clearly a fix, though Rosco won't give up that win easily! :D

NO she would hate it. She would find it far too noisy, smelly and boring.....

Noisy...yes. Boring.... sometimes, but smelly? Well, I suppose it could be depending on who is in the next seat. :lol:

Good fun meeting and a great send off for a true Poole legend.

Took a few pics, see the webshots link in my sig.

EDIT: Webshots seems to be playing up at the moment, will have them uploaded tomorrow hopefully. :rolleyes:

Edited by pirate paul

frampton looked good tonight, not far behind the others and beat the wild card for saturday. was impressed.

Yes, Frampton is getting used to the Poole track now and rode well tonight.

I was very impressed with Jason Doyle. He looked very good indeed and has made a huge improvement from last year, when he rode in reserve for Poole although you could see his potential even then. Well done Jason!

Edited by Pollyanna

Yes, Frampton is getting used to the Poole track now and rode well tonight.

I was very impressed with Jason Doyle. He looked very good indeed and has made a huge improvement from last year, when he rode in reserve for Poole although you could see his potential even then. Well done Jason!

hope doyle is at poole next year. you're right, he did look good. sad to see rory struggle a bit tonight, even though he did have a few bike problems. i heard one of his break downs was due to a puncture, but not sure about the other one. probably get double figures next week to make up for it. :wink:

boycey seemed to have fun tonight, which is the main thing. :approve:

Well done to Boycey and Becky for putting in a lot of effort for a great farewell meeting

Just a few key points to make about the meeting:

Racing as SS said wasn't at it's best but there were some superb rides especially Holders pass on the last bend coming down the straight to take the victory which got the crowd going.

Those mini bikes were amazing and all 5 riders made me laugh riding them. I wonder how much they are because I really want to buy one. :approve:

Great to see Rosco, Sam and Craig race against each other....Sam I think is still an excellent rider and should carry on going.

Jason Doyle was excellent and should be immediatly signed by Poole for next season

Jordan Frampton beat Lee Richardson (yes the GP qualifier) by about 50 metres and yes Lee was trying even if his bikes weren't.

Jason Crump was great and in a class of his own on the track.

All in all, even thought the racing was at times processional it was great to see a rider who I remember from my early days of watching get the standoff he deserved.

Craig Boyce will always be a true Pirates Legend.