British Speedway Forum
skid row

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

Oh all right then . Come on Oliver :rolleyes:

With a bit of passion! :wink:

:D The viking team....

Any way i was very close to not be able to come to coventry monday...

Sorry to hear about that, but great that it will all be sorted out. You may have to wait a little while but that's better than the alternative.

Good that's another young talented rider to watch in action tonight , now all we need is for Tai Woffinden to replace Oliver Allen and we'll be sorted .

Erm that is me getting behind the boys . Tai Woffinden is an exceptional talent and i would have him in the side ahead of Allen .

So what's wrong with Olly being ahead of Tai in the pecking order? It's marginal, I admit, but he has a higher average than Simon around Brandon this season. In fact his home average is second only to Chris Harris. Perhaps he will have a poor meeting, but he deserves his chance ahead of a 17 year old lad who hasn't even ridden full time EL yet.

With a bit of passion! :wink:

I'll support them with the same amount of passion as they put into singing the National Anthem of the country they are representing. Is that a fair deal :wink:

Come on the Danes :P

I'll support them with the same amount of passion as they put into singing the National Anthem of the country they are representing. Is that a fair deal :wink:

Good point. I've noticed the same. The Polish, Aussies, Danes, Swedes all sing along to their national anthems with pride.

At Cardiff - All the Brits just stand there like dummies when our anthem is played. ("God Save The Queen" that is, not that Welsh thing).

It's the same in most sports, as though the Brits are embarrased to be British.

Good point. I've noticed the same. The Polish, Aussies, Danes, Swedes all sing along to their national anthems with pride.

At Cardiff - All the Brits just stand there like dummies when our anthem is played. ("God Save The Queen" that is, not that Welsh thing).

maybe they are just trying to focus?

Perhaps they are unsure of the words :unsure: This wouldn't happen if Kevin Darling was in the team , he knew the words to all four verses :lol:

As always I shall be cheering for Hans and the Danes. :approve:

Perhaps they are unsure of the words :unsure: This wouldn't happen if Kevin Darling was in the team , he knew the words to all four verses :lol:

As always I shall be cheering for Hans and the Danes. :approve:

Why do british people seem intent on supporting other nations? I'm a fan of all seedway, but surely you support your home nation. Rant over. Come on the Brits, :approve:

Can see the czechs suprising tonight!

Me to maybe not in danger of winning the meeting but could be real spoilers.

Best of luck to Adrian Rymel a Bandit of today and Matej Kus a Bandit next season.

"God Save The queen " is a dirge and should be replaced, with something more inspirational. I have been told that as we ride as Team GB and not England, we have to put up with it. Why we are Team GB when there are no other riders of either Scots, Welsh or Northern Irish , as far as I am aware, in the side I dont know, perhaps one of our more informed fans could explain , as it used to be that we rode as England. I feel sure Scotland could put a team together that would beat Italy or Hungary.

So what's wrong with Olly being ahead of Tai in the pecking order? It's marginal, I admit, but he has a higher average than Simon around Brandon this season. In fact his home average is second only to Chris Harris. Perhaps he will have a poor meeting, but he deserves his chance ahead of a 17 year old lad who hasn't even ridden full time EL yet.

I just feel , very strongly , that Tai Woffinden is the future of British speedway - much as Chris Holder is the future for the Australians . The Aussies weren't shy in blooding Holder early , so why the reluctance with Tai .

Allen is a decent enough journeyman second string , and i suppose the more home riders on view will help the crowd level . But Woffinden is going to be World class and the experience gained now will stand him in good stead .

every Brit should sing the anthem, sing for the nest nation in the world

every Brit should sing the anthem, sing for the nest nation in the world

A nation of birds obviously :shock: