British Speedway Forum

And he's certainly not the least able rider in the GPs - braver than most as well. I just think that in the final, he had the least natural ability on a bike

Do you really think so, I personally think, as does my husband, that Scott is a great motorcycle rider, fact that he's Suffolk born affects our judgement LOL

scottie will never win a GP becuase he has a hole in his a**

Let's hope his arm recovers soon then.

scottie will never win a GP becuase he has a hole in his a**

WHAT, so all GP winners so far don't? ;)

WHAT, so all GP winners so far don't? ;)

Apart from Rune Holta, who is a cyborg, sent back from the year 2082 and disguised in the body of a speedway rider.

Good meeting last night. Very happy with james Wright, although gate 4 in the semi's would have suited him more.

Well done Scott for winnig and well done Kennett for getting the wild card. I would have personally liked to see Tai Woffinden get the wild car but he can get it next year.

As for the Booing, the only booing i heard was in the final when surprisingly some Coventry fans were booing Nicholls when he was at the gate.

Do you really think so, I personally think, as does my husband, that Scott is a great motorcycle rider, fact that he's Suffolk born affects our judgement LOL

Completely agree. I would place Scott as one of the most naturally gifted and skilled motorcyle riders. That was my point about the difficult GP tracks. As to someone's previous post about winning a GP, I couldn't really care less :wink:

Good meeting last night. Very happy with james Wright, although gate 4 in the semi's would have suited him more.

Well done Scott for winnig and well done Kennett for getting the wild card. I would have personally liked to see Tai Woffinden get the wild car but he can get it next year.

As for the Booing, the only booing i heard was in the final when surprisingly some Coventry fans were booing Nicholls when he was at the gate.

now that is surprising!! :unsure:

Big Cat Diary

Were you at Swindon last night....Thought it was a superb meeting

Jb

On another note i thought Lewis Bridger was superb last night and deserved a semi final slot....Well done to Edward Kennett,...and Tai Woffinden....and Adam Roynon who i thught was superb

It's not even like people have taken my comment out of context - the context is plain to see! :lol: I never said Scott was an unable rider - he's a very good rider, in fact, and I'd never suggest otherwise. I just said that, talent-wise, of the four riders that appeared in the grand final of the British Final (Tai, Eddie, Bomber and Scott), the other three had superior natural ability on the bike. Can't really make it any clearer than that, now can I? :P Scott is a superb rider, but it's his determination, bravery (and yes ability - because he does have considerable ability) that make him the rider he is. Not once have I said that Scott isn't a good motorcyclist. Seems people read what they want to read... :rolleyes:

Here in Western Australia Tai raced as a Junior (Under 16) and won the state championship.

Although he practiced on a 500cc bike he was not allowed to race one because of his age (15).

His first competitive ride on a 500cc bike was in the UK.

Edited by Stats

I appear to be in the minority as I didn't hear anybody booing anyone last night.

It was just one big cider fuelled love-in outside the terrace Bar :wink:

Now that is what I'm talking about. :approve:

Edited by clunsey

Here in Western Australia Tai raced as a Junior (Under 16) and won the state championship.

Although he practiced on a 500cc bike he was not allowed to race one because of his age (15).

His first competitive ride on a 500cc bike was in the UK.

Stats could you please tell me how long Tai rode as a junior, I believe that he did not jump on a speedway bike at junior level until he was 14.

As i was near the 3rd bend i never heard any of this but if that is the case then those Bees fans should be ashamed of themselves & are not true fans, how quickly some fools forget.

Congratulations to the true Bees skipper.

Chris had lost this final as soon as he chose gate2,alot around us said it & it was proven correct , very very correct.

What's the point of heat 21? Why not just have the 4 top point scorers in the grand final. We now have a guy who got 9 points in 5 rides in second place, ahead of 2 riders who outscored him in the programmed rides. Total bollox.

:wink: Yea! and the top-scorer failing to get onto the rostrum.

Eddie fought for his 9 points, and fought with absolue determination to win his semi-final. He also fought damned hard for his second placing on the rostrum, as indeed did Bomber fight in the final. Each and every one of them win some and lose some. That's the name of the game. Remember Mark Loram winning the world championship without winning one single round of the Grand Prix? ACCEPT IT and for crying out loud, SUPPORT OUR BRITS, they need it.