British Speedway Forum

I am glad to hear that Andreas is not as badly injuried as first feared, it looked like a terrible accident, and I am amazed that no bones were broken. Is it now not time for somebody to bring Ole Olsen to book, the track was an absolute disgrace, and if the reporta that they have had months to prepare the track then I am afraid Mr Olsen has a lot to answer for, how we did not see a nore serious accident I will never know.

I've seen smoother moto-x circuits than that track tonight. Olsen should be ashamed of himself for firstly producing such a dangerous track, and secondly allowing riders to continue to race on it. He can count himself lucky that it seems he got away with the meeting without a very seriously injured rider on his conscience. :mad:

When will IMG see sense & kick his arse ouf of the GP's?

Personally thought the Gollob/Jonsson incident was just a racing accident, not helped by the state of the track.

Best wishes to AJ, NKI, Andersen, Bomber, Dryml, Greg, Tomicek and any others I missed who may have picked up an injury tonight.

Exactly . I was sure Pearson was just talking crap , but are we now saying the winner of the Grand Final was not the winner of the GP . :shock:

And that idiot Pearson destroyed the joy for me when Holta finally won a GP on his 50th attempt! I was totaly confused.

Maretell XO is on the table :-)

Yess!!

That's just not true and an urban myth. A leading rider cannot just turn left, or even right, on a following rider. He has to be deemed to be the cause of the stoppage and would then be excluded. :approve:

:blink::blink:

That is correct, a rider can be excluded for unfair and dangerous riding.

just because someone likes league speedway, doesn't mean they have to say the gp series is wonderful and the best thing since sliced bread. If I think a grand prix or any meeting for that matter has been crap IMO, then I'll say (regardless if anyone agrees with me).

how about you look past the end of your nose for once in your life, might benefit you in future :rolleyes:

I beg your pardon? That post insinuates that I have said the GPs are wonderful.. when have I ever said that? When have I said if your a speedway fan you should follow the GPs? When have I said your wrong for voicing you opinion?

I just simply stated that I didn't realise you 'bothered' with league meetings either...

I thought that too. Amazing the speed he suddenly found and not many people go past Nicki Pedersen as if he was standing still. Strange that.

So you think he had some "wonder potion" to put into the bike he had ridden all night? Maybe he opened it up between the semifinal and the final to add another 100 ccm?

Or maybe he just found that perfect line when everybody else was concentrating on staying as tight as possible going out on the back straight leaving a freeway for Holta on the outside.....

Holta was fast all night, track condition and outside gates was the reason he didn`t score more points earlier on. Truly a deserved winner!

After all they weren't slow in doing that at Kings Lynn last year in the ELRC .

Nor this year's Pairs!!

Lets see how well he does at Cardiff shall we? He might have that extra speed, but that isn't going to help him at Cardiff is it?

Let`s do it the other way around; let`s see how the Brits does instead shall we?

Contrary to what most of You wrote, I think it was a great GP. Very entertaining, with lots of incidents (and accidents, non too seriously). Ullevi is a wonderful stadium and Göteborg a beautiful and traditional place for a speedway GP. Forget those little racetrack out in the woods. This was a very entertaining GP, it did not feel like 4 hours.

Guest chris26
I beg your pardon? That post insinuates that I have said the GPs are wonderful.. when have I ever said that? When have I said if your a speedway fan you should follow the GPs? When have I said your wrong for voicing you opinion?

I just simply stated that I didn't realise you 'bothered' with league meetings either...

your post may not say it in words, but to me, that's the impression I got (mainly because of the way you worded it). if it's not the case, then I'll stand corrected :)

yes, I may not seem it from my posts and I'll admit that at times, I post useless crap (everyone does though)..... but I am Ipswich through and through (soon as I was born there and lived not far from it all my life). first got into speedway back in 2000 and ever since, a case of never looked back :)

to me, after some improvement in sky league meetings recently and with the witches finally having a decent run for the first time in years and seeing some top quality racing in the process (especially from Swidders) - I find it disappointing that to have a grand prix that by the sounds of it was very poor is not surely a great advert for speedway? :unsure::)

Edited by chris26

Contrary to what most of You wrote, I think it was a great GP. Very entertaining, with lots of incidents (and accidents, non too seriously). Ullevi is a wonderful stadium and Göteborg a beautiful and traditional place for a speedway GP. Forget those little racetrack out in the woods. This was a very entertaining GP, it did not feel like 4 hours.

So you find it "entertaining" that several riders got injured tonight. It wasn't entertainment - it was f****** carnage.

All the best

Rob

So you think he had some "wonder potion" to put into the bike he had ridden all night? Maybe he opened it up between the semifinal and the final to add another 100 ccm?

Or maybe he just found that perfect line when everybody else was concentrating on staying as tight as possible going out on the back straight leaving a freeway for Holta on the outside.....

Holta was fast all night, track condition and outside gates was the reason he didn`t score more points earlier on. Truly a deserved winner!

I am really pleased that Rune won, it is nice to see someone different on the rostrum for a change. He is my son's favourite rider.

I'm not insinuating Rune did anything illegal tonight, he won and I am genuinely really pleased for him, it just sometimes crosses my mind, as I am sure it does for a lot of people on here, where the extra speed comes from sometimes. I am pretty sure that bikes are never checked, unlike F1 where they are scrupulous about checking for irregularities. As I said, it just makes me wonder sometimes what they would find if an unplanned check were to happen and I'm not just talking about rune I am talking about all riders.

Edited by scotty2hotty

I find it amusing that Your British Sky reporter did not even know who won ? How stupid is he ?

Didn't You guys get to see the top three on the podium ? Everybody knows that the winner of the final is the winner of the GP. The GPs are not decided on points totals, a reporter should have this little bit of basic knowledge. But even some people on this forum did not seem to know this. Sure that You are speedway fans? :unsure:

Sure that You are speedway fans? :unsure:

Well, you're not. You seem to find accidents "entertaining".

Good racing on a decent surface is entertaining, not watching riders fall off and get hurt. :mad::mad:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

A few very nasty incidents tonight (several down to track, some down to racing), so a very speedy recovery to all of those involved.

Re: the AJ / Gollob incident

Didn't AJ have a very similar type of crash a couple of years ago at Wroclaw in a GP, into turn 3 that time. From memory in that one AJ was having a good run on Nicki up the inside and as Nicki started to peel to the left AJ caught the back (think his handlebar caught Nikkis racejacket) net result AJ went off the high side again entering the turn at high speed. In that one it was before the start of air fence and I think his bike ended up over the fence.

Also AJ and Nikki in the SWC traded headbutts along the startline at Reading a couple of years ago, that time again AJ up the inside.

My point is not that AJ is at fault in these incidents, but that AJ is a master of diamonding off the corners getting the long straight and increased speed up the inside of his opponent. If he doesn't quite make it he carries his speed to switch back immediately outside of them for the big sweep. He did it so many times for us at Coventry, and it was great to watch, he is in a minority in that he is a true racer. These are IMHO are racing incidents.

In tonights case Gollob clearly knew AJ was there with more speed and was trying to defend the inside line, albeit very, very early forcing AJ to have to got the long way round and the slick lifeless outside run. By that time AJ was already half a wheel inside, and probably was comtemplating the option himself to make the move back to the outside (only he will know that), but there was contact, and the rest is history.

Also remember Floppy Norris at Eastbourne a few years ago up the inside of Peter Ljung down the back straight, floppy making the move to the outside, with Peter peeling to the left, similar result, Floppy unfortunately ended up over the fence with an ankle injury.

Its a dangerous sport with a very fine line and at the speed we are talking of, fractions of a second to react, real heart in your mouth stuff. But if it was 'route one' and all the riders could do was follow each other down the straights into the turns on exactly the same line, it would be very boring indeed.

The important thing is that if the early prognosis is as stated, then we can all enjoy AJs efforts on track again at the earliest.