British Speedway Forum

Like many others I am looking forward to this and then onto Cardiff. (then Rye House on Sunday)

A few of the usual super 7 problems but it will not detract too much when the tapes go up

Expecting a much improved performance from Andre and Ricky after last years debacle but the field looks a bit too strong for them. A semi final would be a result. Ricky is back on form but Andre seems to lack his usual pace this season

My tip - The Brummies because you simply can not see Lyons or Wato running a last place

Anyone who fancies a chat with a couple of down to earth Tykes, sound us out.

I'm 6'5" and my son Dave is 6'6" (we don't get a lot of bother)

My tip - The Brummies because you simply can not see Lyons or Wato running a last place

That could be in doubt now, Lyons crashed tonight and has a shoulder injury. Full extent is not known although i dont think its serious. With the meeting only two days away he must be a big doubt for it.

With Glasgow strangely omitted :rolleyes: , it makes this wide open even though Glasgow's ommission weakens things somewhat . In saying that Nermark and Neiminen both ride Somerset as well as anyone , and look like the winners to me .

Monarchs to be last . :P

Edited by Paulco

With Lyons out surely the Stars must be let into this event. It's bad enough going there watching 2 second strings from my own team when arguably the best pair in league aren't there instead of them. No disrespect to Birmingham, but for the good of the event they should withdraw.

Didn't Rye House have to use Tommy Allen last year?

Yes they did,and iirc he did better than i thought.

With Lyons out surely the Stars must be let into this event. It's bad enough going there watching 2 second strings from my own team when arguably the best pair in league aren't there instead of them. No disrespect to Birmingham, but for the good of the event they should withdraw.

Kings Lynn aren't there because due to the fact the " best pair in the league " weren't good enough in Heat 15 which was the criteria used this year. Kings Lynn own fault .

Kings Lynn aren't there because due to the fact the " best pair in the league " weren't good enough in Heat 15 which was the criteria used this year. Kings Lynn own fault .

As a paying customer I'd rather see Doolan & Topinka than Watson and Smart, Neath & Allen etc.

Next time you quote me please use the full text, you conveniently omitted "arguably" to over emphasise your point.

Edited by Inspector 71

To be honest I agree, Watson might do well as he goes well around somerset but without Lyons we wont have a chance. I would imagine Lee Smart will come in but he was awful last night and is just coming back from injury. I fear we might get embarrassed in this event.

One of the Brimingham riders was in the final last year :blink:

To be honest I agree, Watson might do well as he goes well around somerset.....
It was never his best track when he rode for Newport. That said, he's had some odd results at tracks in the last 18 months, finally getting Workington (to only go worse than ever there this year) and having some terrible meetings at Reading! He is really unpredictable this season.

Could the Brummies not redeclare with Kyle Legault replacing Lyons until he's fit?

Edited by SCB

My heart says we should be allowed, but my speedway supporters head says no, rules are rules, as silly as this might seem. Those that did well enough get to ride this meeting, those that didn't do well enough don't.

Birmingham earnt the right to be in the PL pairs, along with every other club that qualified. Good luck to all.

Edited by crikeythatsfast

My heart says we should be allowed, but my speedway supporters head says no, rules are rules, as silly as this might seem. Those that did well enough get to ride this meeting, those that didn't do well enough don't.

Birmingham earnt the right to be in the PL pairs, along with every other club that qualified. Good luck to all.

Well said Crikey, it is day before this meeting, does not give time for preparation for riders, also things like programme's that have already been printed, also what about any Brummie fans that have planned to take in this meeting, to watch their own riders, would be very unfair in my opinion.

More bad luck for brummies, and tbh it does look a poorer line up now, some to do with bad luck, others not. :neutral: