British Speedway Forum

You are right Bryn, he was a lovely lad, and will never be forgotten.

I came across his tribute film on youtube the other week and it still moved me to tears.

And we will all have to hope that the weather gods give us a dry day for this meeting. :)

Unfortunately the weather forecast for this coming Wednesday is awful, hoping and praying they've got it wrong and it all changes to allow this special one to go ahead. Sadly it doesn't look good though. :neutral:

I came across his tribute film on youtube the other week and it still moved me to tears.

Join the Club, CTF!

Looks like this meeting might not even get started, going by the current forecast for tomorrow :(

Hells bells you are a pessimistic lot . The forecast on metcheck is not that bad. I've seen meetings run when the forecast has been far, far worse. Since when have weather forecasts been accurate anyway :rolleyes:

Hells bells you are a pessimistic lot . The forecast on metcheck is not that bad. I've seen meetings run when the forecast has been far, far worse. Since when have weather forecasts been accurate anyway :rolleyes:

lol that's true SL, can't normally get the same day right, let alone a few days in advance.

I'm keeping positive about it, or trying to lol :lol:

Well I'd have thought he would have liked to have been involved in some way for sure!

I'm sure he'll still be involved, with or without official mention.

2 miles from track. Weather so far has been dull and cloudy, with a fairly stiff breeze. A few spots of rain but more like a fine mist than actual spots. Have a feeling it will be chilly tonight tho.

I can update later if no one else does.

Weather much as before. A couple more mist showers and even a glimpse of sun, wind has picked up a bit but so far, fingers crossed, nothing to threaten the meeting going ahead.

Forecast on metcheck has actually improved since yesterday.

Weather much as before. A couple more mist showers and even a glimpse of sun, wind has picked up a bit but so far, fingers crossed, nothing to threaten the meeting going ahead.

Forecast on metcheck has actually improved since yesterday.

Thanks for weather updates SL, very much appreciated. Please keep us informed....gonna be one of those "will it wont it" days I think!

"Just like to add that Darren Rolph will now be racing in this meeting should be a treat for all to see his all action style."

In place of who? I thought both teams had been finalised?

Weather in Norwich (1 hour south of Lynn) at 1-30pm, bright with hazy sunshine. Earlier light rain/drizzle has stopped. Met office rainfall radar shows just patchy light drizzle for east anglia this afternoon.

Should be a great meeting if the weather stays like this.

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but are the profits from this meeting going to anything in particular? I'm sure the David Nix memorial or another meeting for a late rider has done before, just wondering :)

Looks a cracking line-up that will do Ashley proud. Hope the weather holds up and those who can make it to KL tonight have a brilliant night.

"Just like to add that Darren Rolph will now be racing in this meeting should be a treat for all to see his all action style."

In place of who? I thought both teams had been finalised?

Weather in Norwich (1 hour south of Lynn) at 1-30pm, bright with hazy sunshine. Earlier light rain/drizzle has stopped. Met office rainfall radar shows just patchy light drizzle for east anglia this afternoon.

Should be a great meeting if the weather stays like this.

I wonder if Darren has replaced Sam Martin, who was a doubtful starter anyway.