British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Absolutely Ridiculous Book Sale

BARGAIN BOOKS SUPER SUMMER SALE!

AT a time when just about everything is going up, up, up in price, we at Retro Speedway are very pleased to announce our Great Summer Bargain Book Sale.

The following four books published by Retro Speedway have been slashed in price to just £5 each – POST-FREE!

WIGGY – Simon Wigg, In His Own Words

BOOEY – Around in Circles, The Eric Boocock Story

TOMMY JANSSON – Legend Who Died Young

MORE CONFESSIONS – by John Berry

Yes, you did read that correctly . . . only a fiver for one of these four excellently produced books. Even at £20 for all four, it’s a virtual giveaway! Absolutely ridiculous.

Any of these books will make an ideal read on your summer holidays, or why not treat yourself, a friend or a member of your family with one of our great value gifts?

To snap up these bargains of the century, simply go to our website: http://www.retro-speedway.com and click on the book(s) cover of your choice in the left-hand panel. Follow the link to the Paypal cart checkout. Alternatively, you can order by phoning 01708 734 502 or send a cheque by post.

Sick of hearing and reading about the credit crunch and how the cost of just about everything in our lives is going up?

Now some more good news from Retro Speedway...

We have now slashed the price of TRAGEDY - the Kenny Carter story from £15.99 to just £10.00, inc FREE P&P to all UK addresses.

http://www.retro-speedway.com

Thats naughty I only got that recently and now the price has been slashed hmmmmm so if I ask for a refund and then re-buy it from the seller is that ok for a tenner? :wink:

Thats naughty I only got that recently and now the price has been slashed hmmmmm so if I ask for a refund and then re-buy it from the seller is that ok for a tenner? :wink:

No!

Blimey. it's been out for 18 months and we need to clear space in the 'factory!'

And there was I thinking we were doing a good thing.

OK, it's been increased to £29.99 + £3 P&P.

Stop that!

Regardless of the price! it was a damn good read! :approve:

BARGAIN BOOKS SUPER SUMMER SALE!

AT a time when just about everything is going up, up, up in price, we at Retro Speedway are very pleased to announce our Great Summer Bargain Book Sale.

The following four books published by Retro Speedway have been slashed in price to just £5 each – POST-FREE!

WIGGY – Simon Wigg, In His Own Words

BOOEY – Around in Circles, The Eric Boocock Story

TOMMY JANSSON – Legend Who Died Young

MORE CONFESSIONS – by John Berry

Yes, you did read that correctly . . . only a fiver for one of these four excellently produced books. Even at £20 for all four, it’s a virtual giveaway! Absolutely ridiculous.

Any of these books will make an ideal read on your summer holidays, or why not treat yourself, a friend or a member of your family with one of our great value gifts?

To snap up these bargains of the century, simply go to our website: http://www.retro-speedway.com and click on the book(s) cover of your choice in the left-hand panel. Follow the link to the Paypal cart checkout. Alternatively, you can order by phoning 01708 734 502 or send a cheque by post.

Very good, Tony. :approve: Briiliant value...

Funny isn't it that Mr. Scott NEVER reduces the price of his books though!! Yes, the 'Showered in Shale' tome of some years ago now STILL retails for a huge twenty quid! Still ya takes yer money, ya takes yer choice!!!!

Funny isn't it that Mr. Scott NEVER reduces the price of his books though!! Yes, the 'Showered in Shale' tome of some years ago now STILL retails for a huge twenty quid! Still ya takes yer money, ya takes yer choice!!!!

Apparently the price of "Out of the Frying Pan" has actually gone up! Having sold out the first printing, which cost £12.99, in about a month the cheapest you can get it for on Amazon is £28.26. It must be the scarcity value...:

See here

Anyone know what books are going to be issued in the near future?Was retro speedway going to issue an english translation of Ole Olsens book? :unsure:

Very good, Tony. :approve: Briiliant value...

I am sure there is a reason for this? After all, "Thrilling the Million" (by Tom Stenner) only cost five shillings (old money) when it came out around 1935. Now, if you can get hold of one, it costs about £60.

Apparently the price of "Out of the Frying Pan" has actually gone up! Having sold out the first printing, which cost £12.99, in about a month the cheapest you can get it for on Amazon is £28.26. It must be the scarcity value...:

See here

Hi Norman:

I have seen this advert for your well reviewed :rolleyes: book. It mentions two copies for sale. Could it be a price for both books and not single copies. I will have to lock my copy way even more carefully if the price for a single copy has gone to £28.26

One is £28.26; the other £28.29.

I bet Parsloes wishes he'd bought one now while he had the chance! :P

Perhaps he's saving up to buy Jeff Scott's "Showered in Shale". :unsure:

You're right!! Certainly better than investing in Iceland..!! :wink:

Though surely no-one be surprised that Iceland's gone t*ts up after employing that bird from Atomic Kitten to do their ads!!! :lol:

Anyone know what books are going to be issued in the near future?Was retro speedway going to issue an english translation of Ole Olsens book? :unsure:

It was Pinegen (publishers of Speedway Star) who were talking to Ole about publishing an English language version of his Danish book, but there has been no sign of it yet.

We'll be producing a Xmas stocking filler titled SPEEDWAY IN THE 70s in November and it will be advertised on this site, as well as via our own site and both of our magazines.

It was Pinegen (publishers of Speedway Star) who were talking to Ole about publishing an English language version of his Danish book, but there has been no sign of it yet.

We'll be producing a Xmas stocking filler titled SPEEDWAY IN THE 70s in November and it will be advertised on this site, as well as via our own site and both of our magazines.

Thanks Tmc.Thought it was you doing it.Probably because of the Olsen edition you published in Backtrack and of course the excellent Tommy Jansson translation