British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Statman

Exmoor Chase Individual

The first staging of the Exmoor Chase Individual Championship take places at Somerset's Oak Tree Arena this Friday, 20th June.

It is being run over the traditional 16 rider, 20 heat format, run-off's being used to determine placings should riders tie on points for any of the podium places.

Sponsors have specifically selected young up and coming riders to make up majority of the field, together with 5 of the current Somerset team

Line up in rider order;

1) Tommy Allen (Rye House); 2) Jack Roberts (Buxton); 3) Ben Barker (Stoke); 4) Jordan Frampton (Somerset); 5) Jason Doyle (Somerset); 6) Kozza Smith (King's LYnn); 7) Jerran Hart (Newcastle); 8) Brent Werner (Somerset); 9) Joe Haines (Workington); 10) Simon Lambert (King's Lynn); 11) Tai Woffinden (Rye House); 12) Shaun Harmatiuk (USA); 13) Linus Eklof (Smederna/Sweden); 14) Emil Kramer (Somerset); 15 Luke Bowen (Rye House); 16) Simon Walker (Somerset)

The first staging of the Exmoor Chase Individual Championship take places at Somerset's Oak Tree Arena this Friday, 20th June.

It is being run over the traditional 16 rider, 20 heat format, run-off's being used to determine placings should riders tie on points for any of the podium places.

Sponsors have specifically selected young up and coming riders to make up majority of the field, together with 5 of the current Somerset team

Line up in rider order;

1) Tommy Allen (Rye House); 2) Jack Roberts (Buxton); 3) Ben Barker (Stoke); 4) Jordan Frampton (Somerset); 5) Jason Doyle (Somerset); 6) Kozza Smith (King's LYnn); 7) Jerran Hart (Newcastle); 8) Brent Werner (Somerset); 9) Joe Haines (Workington); 10) Simon Lambert (King's Lynn); 11) Tai Woffinden (Rye House); 12) Shaun Harmatiuk (USA); 13) Linus Eklof (Smederna/Sweden); 14) Emil Kramer (Somerset); 15 Luke Bowen (Rye House); 16) Simon Walker (Somerset)

An interesting field there Ian . Tommy Allen rode well in last years pairs and Ben Barker is riding out his skin at present . Kozza Smith will love the wide OTA bends and of course Tai Woffinden is emerging as the rider in the PL .

Should be a cracking meeting with Doyle and Woffinden the clear favourites .

An interesting field there Ian . Tommy Allen rode well in last years pairs and Ben Barker is riding out his skin at present . Kozza Smith will love the wide OTA bends and of course Tai Woffinden is emerging as the rider in the PL .

Should be a cracking meeting with Doyle and Woffinden the clear favourites .

Don`t forget the KING (Kramer)

Don`t forget the KING (Kramer)

He'll have to ride a bit better than he did on Friday though .

From a Somerset's fan point of view, and a neutral's also, it's a cracking lineup. They aren't just all the big names, but from all of those that have ridden at the Oak Tree Arena they have all gone well and will provide us with some great entertainment I expect. Tai Woffinden, Emil 'The King' Kramer, Jason Doyle and Jordan Frampton in the last race should be a cracker, and decide the winner on the night I would of thought. Although I wouldn't count out Simon Walker from winning this.

Be interesting to see hiw Linus Eklof (under advice of Magnus Zetterstrom) goes, alongwith Shaun Harmatiuk against Premier League opposition and also Kozza Smith who I have yet to see race but he is reaping praise from Lynn fans left right and centre :approve: Not to mention Jerran Hart and Jack Roberts who have both ridden very well this season at the Oak Tree Arena already, plus Joe Haines who has been flying with Workington this year. Tommy Allen normally also goes well here. Ben Barker was great entertainment in the Stoke meeting earlier in the year - so if all that is anything to go by, should be a great meeting :approve:

:unsure:

Why are the two Germans missing?Do they have a Longtrack meeting on saturday? :unsure:

From a Somerset's fan point of view, and a neutral's also, it's a cracking lineup. They aren't just all the big names, but from all of those that have ridden at the Oak Tree Arena they have all gone well and will provide us with some great entertainment I expect. Tai Woffinden, Emil 'The King' Kramer, Jason Doyle and Jordan Frampton in the last race should be a cracker, and decide the winner on the night I would of thought. Although I wouldn't count out Simon Walker from winning this.

Be interesting to see hiw Linus Eklof (under advice of Magnus Zetterstrom) goes, alongwith Shaun Harmatiuk against Premier League opposition and also Kozza Smith who I have yet to see race but he is reaping praise from Lynn fans left right and centre :approve: Not to mention Jerran Hart and Jack Roberts who have both ridden very well this season at the Oak Tree Arena already, plus Joe Haines who has been flying with Workington this year. Tommy Allen normally also goes well here. Ben Barker was great entertainment in the Stoke meeting earlier in the year - so if all that is anything to go by, should be a great meeting :approve:

Kozza Smith has improved a lot...

.. he just keeps improving...

So he can only get better! :wink:

been told that john oliver is now in this meeting also, but i'm not sure who he will be in the place of?? :unsure:

:unsure:

Why are the two Germans missing?Do they have a Longtrack meeting on saturday? :unsure:

Matthias did mention a longtrack meeting in his interview last Friday - But hey, give em' the night off ;)

been told that john oliver is now in this meeting also, but i'm not sure who he will be in the place of?? :unsure:

From what i gather, Simon Lambert.

There are a couple of changes to line up for tomorrow night's Exmoor Chase at Somerset;

John Oliver confirmed as replacement for Simon Lambert

Manuel Hauzinger replaces Ben Barker

LIVE updates for this meeting can be found HERE

The thread is open NOW for your comments!

Don't forget to vote for your predicted winner in the poll....

Emil 'THE KING' Kramer to win, with Simon Walker as outside chance I fancy.

And now it seems Kozza Smith has withdrawn, no idea why though.

Think you'll find he is riding in Germany on Sunday at the U21 team cup or whatever it is, think he's replacing Batchelor.