British Speedway Forum
sirmattyisbac

Referee Needs To Go To Specsavers

And whats the Polish translation of 'the referees a w****r'? :D

Manker.

how many times in the GP do we see gate 1 and gate 4 clash on the 1st bend

Depends on how many times Nicki has the yellow helmet :wink:

Depends on how many times Nicki has the yellow helmet :wink:

Saw the 'wink' so OK maybe it was lighthearted.................but slagging NP off (and I'm no fan!) won't help...............the problem lies , as many have said, with the referee.

This clown has made too many errors in the past to still be officiating, and irrespective of who we support we should all be aware of that.

As some have said, I suspect that European speedway politics will keep the guy there whatever he does.

The one thing that may have an effect is the riders themselves.............the power that they could use to influence IMG (and the FIM, who knows?) in this situation could be crucial. All GP riders are affected by the ridiculous decisions that this incompetent makes, and submissions from them ( along with appropriate threats to withdraw labour) could well have an effect.

Once IMG appreciate that this kind of situation could affect their investment (and from many of the comments I heard at Cardiff ,and my own feelings at the time) suggest that it could do just that...........then they may well use their muscle to change things. Whatever we feel, who turn up at their local track every week is small beer ...........but now IMG are involved there are big bucks at stake.......................the riders have an opportunity here to use their influence..............I wonder if they will?

Saw the 'wink' so OK maybe it was lighthearted

Of course it was lighthearted, Nicki is my favourite rider with him being an ex diamond and all that :wink:

It wasn't a first bend incident - and Pedersen WAS at fault. Adams did nothing wrong - Pedersen ran into the back of him. The imbecile referee's third crazy decision of the night screws Adams' hopes go up in flames.

BS'O'Meter is going Crazy!

A couple of years ago Tomek Gollob called this ref a 'a stupid Polish fag' :rolleyes:

I think he was right.

A couple of years ago Tomek Gollob called this ref a 'a stupid Polish fag' :rolleyes:

I think he was right.

Didn't think my respect for Gollob could get much higher, but it just has :wink:

At first I thought that Adams had left his line a little to come infield as he knew his threat was from NP outside him. However when you think about it whoever is on the outside they always try to cut in once the tapes go up, so I dont blame Leigh or think he was wrong at all for doing what he did leading up to the first corner. Having had time to think about it and see the replys I do think that with no bunching taking place, NP should not have gone for part of the track that was already taken and he should have been the one excluded.

If you look at when NP met Crumpy in heat 3, you had Crump off 4 and NP off 1. The tapes lifted and Crump flew from gate 4. Crumpy came right across all four and rightly so into the first bend as he was just in front very close to the white line. NP must have seen him in the last seconds as he would have been concentrating on getting to the bend first himself, he knew he was past KK and EK and was so close to Crump that he had to hold back a little for fear of clipping Crumpy's machine. Had he, and Crumpy had fallen then NP in my opinion would have been excluded, as like heats 17 and 21 as there was no bunching for the ref to have brought all 4 back.

Now back in heat 3 with NP showing great skill to avoid going right into Crump as Crumpy had the drop on him I cannot understand how in Heats 17 and 21 NP went for an area that he could see this time as he was coming from the outside in that there was already a rider technically in front of him. I would have thought NP's experience would have told him in both situations to hold off a bit. Imo he contributed to his own fall in both heat 17 and 21 and the ref as many have said bottled it.

Edited by shalefan

I think he was right.

It looks like Gollob had something to say about the track last night on his website - looked like he thought it dangerous to me.

There is a very easy answer to all this...the riders,without whom there is no show,tell mr Allmighty Olsen that if this Polish bloke appears again then they wont even unload.Clearly the guy has no idea .If the riders stick together for once they will get some action

Wasn't at Cardiff but saw it on the telly and those desicions where shocking.

Anyway, if you have facebook, please join the group called the british gp ref 2008 Marek Wojaczek :wink:

I think he was right.

Hi Mateuz, is there any talk on Polish speedway forums about this ref's performance last night, or is it just British fans moaning?

I don't have time to follow threats on Polish forums, too many idiots there :P, but I quickly looked at Polish biggest speedway website SportoweFakty.pl/zuzel and everyone (journalists, experts etc.) are moaning about the ref there. So I guess it's about the same on Polish forums :rolleyes:

Thanks. The guy should fall on his sword and jump before he is pushed.

gutted to hear, he is doing the german gp as some riders futures in the gp for next year could depend on decisions he is going to make. what a nightmare!