British Speedway Forum

I love the place. :approve:

Same here :D

Thats what we do, already booked in at Bridgend Travelodge as we were this year, 20 miles better than trudging off back home the same night.

Bridgend travelodge , You get a free rope to hang from the door there ........ :unsure::unsure:

Interesting to note that, after holding May bank holiday weekend events at the Millenium stadium in 2007 and 2008 where they get around 60,000 attending on the Saturday & Sunday, the Rugby Football League have cancelled their agreement and are moving the event to Edinburgh from 2009.

Cost of accommodation for supporters is one of the main reasons given for the change.

this year booked 2 family rooms cost £458 , for next year booked the same rooms for the 2 days cost £700 it`s daylight robbery but if you don`t book early there`s going to be no rooms left at this rate as alot are booked up for what i required already , there should be some regulator of some form to try & maybe cap these ridiclous prices :mad:

this year booked 2 family rooms cost £458 , for next year booked the same rooms for the 2 days cost £700 it`s daylight robbery but if you don`t book early there`s going to be no rooms left at this rate as alot are booked up for what i required already , there should be some regulator of some form to try & maybe cap these ridiclous prices :mad:

I believe the term is "Supply and Demand" :rolleyes:

Interesting to note that, after holding May bank holiday weekend events at the Millenium stadium in 2007 and 2008 where they get around 60,000 attending on the Saturday & Sunday, the Rugby Football League have cancelled their agreement and are moving the event to Edinburgh from 2009.

Cost of accommodation for supporters is one of the main reasons given for the change.

It's more to do with the near fact it's worked it's magic for Super League and the Celtic Crusaders will take a place in the new franchise scheme. Thus doing SL's work for Wales. I suspect 'Murrayfield Magic' will be an attempt to get a Scottish franchise.

It's more to do with the near fact it's worked it's magic for Super League and the Celtic Crusaders will take a place in the new franchise scheme. Thus doing SL's work for Wales. I suspect 'Murrayfield Magic' will be an attempt to get a Scottish franchise.

That has nothing to do with that at all.

The RFL warned the Welsh Tourist Board (who paid £500k a year to the RFL to have the event in Cardiff) before this year's event that if the hoteliers ripped people off again then they would not go back there.

Similarly, they were disappointed that the Millenium Stadium were happy to cream off the profits but do absolutely nothing in terms of promoting the event.

Straight after this year's event they made it known in the press they were dissatisfied and inviting other cities to bid to host the event. Edinburgh have put a very good package on the table and the RFL have accepted it.

In a nutshell, the RFL were prepared to make tough decisions and drop a place that they thought wasn't providing value for them or the fans. Good leadership I'd say.

The Lodge where we stay rooms start from £62.00 (well that's what the banner on the wall says anyway) yet if you book after they have "blocked" off the rooms for events at the Stadium they then start at £150.00 per room. (each room sleeps up to 4 people still pretty cheap if all singles rather than a family)

It's a great hotel the staff are lovely and we can do basically within reason what we like, breakfast if you book before the block is not included in the price, if you book at £150.00 per night then breakfast is included otherwise I think it is £6-7 each person.

There is no restaurant, so evening meals are out but if we order a take away they pay the delivery charge and ordered for the fairies when they rang from the stadium and it was delivered just after they got back in. No restaurant also means a continental breakfast, plenty there but I do like me Eggs and Bacon :wink:

For the last few years we could drink as much tea/coffee etc as we wanted it was included in the price, this year they were charging £1.50 per cup.

Having had me ikkle moan about the hotel above whether it's £62.00 or £150.00, I'm all booked in for next year (in fact booked before Cardiff this year :approve: ) .... The company is good, it's far enough out not to be bothered yet close enough to walk into Town or City whichever way you look at it :wink:

Edited by shazzybird

I believe the term is "Supply and Demand" :rolleyes:

I believe the term is: Go to Poland for half that and see proper racing on a proper track and twice the atmosphere.

Hi all booked 2 rooms @ Premier Inn 10 miles from Cardiff £150 per family room for 2 nights as we're doing PL pairs on our way into Cardiff and can cancel the day before if we find a cheaper one

I phoned the marriot hotel this time last week, to book. I was informed at reservations, that "their systems was taking bookings to 20th june and to ring back end of the month. A rung yesterday, only to be informed their was no room at the inn!!!! to say they felt the wrath of my tongue was a slight understatement.Fortunately i JUST got rooms fr next year at the park inn practically round the corner :approve:

Holiday Inn Cardiff this year - £ 95 for one night + £40 petrol = £ 135 (for 2)

Next year they want £ 175 per night, minimum 2 nights = £ 350 + £50 petrol = £ 400 (for 2)

Prague in a couple of weeks - Hotel next to Charles Bridge (2 nts) = £200 + Flights £136 = £ 336 (for 2)

I know which city I prefer.

We have been to most of the GP venues around Europe and always get good quality hotels (Radisson,Mercure,Novotel etc) at very reasonable prices (around £60) but there are cheaper ones available, and along with cheap flights the overall trip is much cheaper (as is the beer!!!)

Holiday Inn Cardiff this year - £ 95 for one night + £40 petrol = £ 135 (for 2)

Next year they want £ 175 per night, minimum 2 nights = £ 350 + £50 petrol = £ 400 (for 2)

Prague in a couple of weeks - Hotel next to Charles Bridge (2 nts) = £200 + Flights £136 = £ 336 (for 2)

I know which city I prefer.

We have been to most of the GP venues around Europe and always get good quality hotels (Radisson,Mercure,Novotel etc) at very reasonable prices (around £60) but there are cheaper ones available, and along with cheap flights the overall trip is much cheaper (as is the beer!!!)

Was in the Holiday Inn Cardiff Central this year and have now booked for next year. At these prices I think is going to be my last visit as I feel the ripoff will only get worse and I have had enough. If we had not booked the tickets first I don't think I would be there next year. I fully expect the attendance of the Cardiff GP to start to decline after this year but of course everyone will have their own reasons but mine will be daylight robbery with the accomodation. It would seem that with the loss of the football to Wembley, that Speedway seems to be 'the big one' and the prices are reflecting this. The early announcement of the date for next year, and the early release of tickets, has caused the rush which it should be remembered is the opportunity for IMG and most of the Hoteliers to have your money now for a full year in advance. Another opportunity to rip you off. :mad:

:blink::blink: