British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Polish Ref Out Of Gps

Is that Bjarne "throw another shrimp on the Barby" Pedersen :blink:

i just meant that i don't agree with blazeaway about his aussie bias. who had a chat with ole about the ref and he's not an aussie he's a dane! bjarne did as reported in the echo.

so how is there any aussie bias!! :unsure:

i just meant that i don't agree with blazeaway about his aussie bias. who had a chat with ole about the ref and he's not an aussie he's a dane! bjarne did as reported in the echo.

so how is there any aussie bias!! :unsure:

Maybe i understand what he means because i come from the same part of the world.Maybe because i come from the same extended family even.But i think it was ever so slightly tongue in cheek :neutral:

Maybe i understand what he means because i come from the same part of the world.Maybe because i come from the same extended family even.But i think it was ever so slightly tongue in cheek :neutral:

Ever so slightly dude!!!

Well good riddance to bad rubbish.The fool is even defending his decisions in The Star this week.

He missed a slight 'clip' of the tapes by Nicki. Nobody saw it as it happened, only having viewed a replay.

You either hit the tapes or you don't. A slight 'clip' counts as hitting the tapes. I for one thought as much live in the stadium.

As for heat 5, he clearly made his decision based on the first (lap 3) replay where Greg was the only rider in the frame. Surely any referee who was paying attention would have realised this was the wrong lap? Clearyl this ref was not paying attention.

Don't get me started on the other incidents.... ;)

I for one will not be sad to see him leave the GP scene...

You either hit the tapes or you don't. A slight 'clip' counts as hitting the tapes. I for one thought as much live in the stadium.

Well it never got a mention on Sky until the replay, and even then they only said possibly. Later on and 'someone' was claiming Nicki had 'charged' the tapes. From the way 'he' was speaking later in the GP you'd have thought it was as clear as Scott going striaght through the tapes. If you saw it -well done you.

You're right that touching the tapes is the same regardless of the ammount of contact made. This was an error on the part of the ref but not something that was blindingly obvious.

I still firmly believe that the reaction to the ref has been utterly ridiculous. Let's hope Tony Steele doesn't exclude Scott or Bomber for being knocked off by Tomasz. Who will everyone want then? Turnbull (sp?) presumably!! :rolleyes:

I still firmly believe that the reaction to the ref has been utterly ridiculous. Let's hope Tony Steele doesn't exclude Scott or Bomber for being knocked off by Tomasz. Who will everyone want then? Turnbull (sp?) presumably!! :rolleyes:
Take a look at my avatar and you can see why I was upset at the ref as my team's No.1 suffered twice as a results of his decisions.

Now if any of those 4 decisions had involved Bomber or Scotty, then I'm sure the commentary team would have gone ballistic. The crowd (me included) would have been more upset than they were too.

At the end of the day the ref made his calls, and he was consistent in the Adams and Bjarne exclusions, which in my eyes were carbon copies of each other. BUT there were 4 incidents in one GP where many were questionning him. The authorities obvously agree with me, and many others on that one! :lol:

Well it never got a mention on Sky until the replay, and even then they only said possibly. Later on and 'someone' was claiming Nicki had 'charged' the tapes. From the way 'he' was speaking later in the GP you'd have thought it was as clear as Scott going striaght through the tapes. If you saw it -well done you.

You're right that touching the tapes is the same regardless of the ammount of contact made. This was an error on the part of the ref but not something that was blindingly obvious.

The ref excluded Freddie after the race for going over the curb, why didnt he exclude Nicki after the race?

The ref excluded Freddie after the race for going over the curb, why didnt he exclude Nicki after the race?

Because the result had been declared before the replay showing the offense was shown. Too late then.

I forgot about the Freddie race. The ref should have ordered him to be black flagged during the race. Perhaps he did but the start marshall didn't get the message.

Because the result had been declared before the replay showing the offense was shown. Too late then.

I forgot about the Freddie race. The ref should have ordered him to be black flagged during the race. Perhaps he did but the start marshall didn't get the message.

Seems like a pretty poor excuse to me. Ref's can always go back just declare that that riders point are taken away, the result stays the same.

It would certainly be interesting to see Wojaczek refereeing a fixture at the EoES. I know that Hans Andersen was excluded earlier in the season for "leaving the track" in a Polish league fixture, so it's obviously something Polish referees (or maybe Wojaczek was referee on that occasion) keep an eye on. He'd surely have a field day at the EoES.

But, in some respects, I admire his approach to refereeing. Apparently, according to the Speedway Star, the riders were told by Wojaczek at the pre-meeting briefing not to expect all four back decisions at the first bend. I quite like that approach. I just think that he called it wrong and that if anyone went, it had to be Nicki P. All this talk of Adams and Bjarne Pedersen moving "off their line" has to be taken in context. Nicki P started about a foot from the safety fence and collided with a rider about a yard off the kerb.

As it happens, I'd have been inclined to give Nicki P the benefit of the doubt on the first one and then excluded him on the second, when I'd have decided to was just taking the....

Seems like a pretty poor excuse to me. Ref's can always go back just declare that that riders point are taken away, the result stays the same.

Not even the ref can change the decision after the result has been declared.

Do you remember a few years ago that the riders and Ole Olsen tried to get a race re-run? The ref stood his ground because the race result had been declared.

Was that the Bjarne Pedersen one - when the tapes rose inconsistently. Or was that race re-run? I think Wojaczek was the referee on that occasion as well.

Edit:

Just checked and that heat was re-run, in spite of the referee having already called the decision:

http://www.speedwayupdates.proboards103.co...&thread=233

I remember the furore about it at the time.

Edited by Subedei