British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

What Do You Expect On Thursday

I fully expect them to have been given a kick up the @rse and to be more aggressive, but that still won't cover all the cracks. Until we have talented riders breathing down the necks of Nicholls and Richardson we won't be rid of the complacency.

I fully expect them to have been given a kick up the @rse and to be more aggressive, but that still won't cover all the cracks. Until we have talented riders breathing down the necks of Nicholls and Richardson we won't be rid of the complacency.

Oo-er missus! :shock::P

off the subject a we bit , goner be interesting at the end of season with relegation and promotion.

the premier league boys were up there last night on the pace and gating. might well be some shocks come the end of the play offs

The promotion/relegation meetings won't mean a damn thing. The clubs will still apply to join which ever league they want to be in.

Oo-er missus! :shock::P

Ha! Trust you to notice a mixed metaphor. That'll teach me to dash off posts too quickly without reading them... :lol:

Maybe on reflection we can calm down a bit now . Last night was a shockingly bad performance on so many levels , but we are still in there .

Middlo got slated on a regular basis on here , but at least with his leadership there was a bit of passion there . Last night there was just nothing - Lynch looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights and already international management looks too much for him .

Last night's team was picked for one reason only - to attract a half-decent crowd to Brandon because of the high ticket prices .

Allen's selection , though he wasn't the worst last night , told that story .

Nicholls is still our best rider and by some distance , talk of dropping him is stupidity although he owes us a big performance on Thursday .

Harris is limited , but is still a useful enough rider in World Cups .

Richardson and Stead have failed to deliver too many times now and should be dropped now , while Allen would have been completely out of his depth anywhere else but Coventry .

I'm glad Woffinden and Kennett are riding on Thursday as they are young and will fight for everything and this will be the first steps on a potential World class career for young Tai .

I dont see us finishing ahead of Sweden on Thursday , but Poland and Russia are definently beatable at Vojens . Although 4th place in the final will probably be our finishing position , should we get there , but it is so important to get there .

Paulco parts of your message were total rubbish, Allen rode hes arse off last night, he only had 4 rides and out scored nicholls who had more rides, olly will probably admit he is not a World class performer so he can hold hes head high in that company!

You say richardson fialed to deliver to many times yet he is GB highest point scorer in the world cup so your statement makes no sense there!

And finally everyone is building Woffiden up so high that its a very big chance the boy will fall flat on hes face thursday night, he is a great talent and it would not surprise me if he scored 8 or 9 points thursday but there is also a very big chance of him only scoring 1 or 2 so EVERYBODY STOP heaping extra pressure on the boy and let him naturally progress into a outstanding rider!

Paulco parts of your message were total rubbish, Allen rode hes arse off last night, he only had 4 rides and out scored nicholls who had more rides, olly will probably admit he is not a World class performer so he can hold hes head high in that company!

Allen had five rides:

5..O Allen..2,0,1,2,0 = 5

Ht 5..B Pedersen, Allen, Nermark, Tomicek 2-1-0-3 (7-8-1-14)

Ht 10..Davidsson [J], Iversen, Rymel, Allen 0-6-1-2 (10-23-5-25)

Ht 15..Bjerre, Lindgren, Allen, Dryml 1-2-0-3 (13-35-9-36)

Ht 20..N Pedersen, Allen, Ljung, Sitera 2-1-0-3 (23.5-40.5-9-50)

Ht 25..Andersen, Jonsson, Kus, Allen 0-2-1-3 (25.5-50.5-13-63)

Edited by Subedei

You say richardson fialed to deliver to many times yet he is GB highest point scorer in the world cup so your statement makes no sense there!

And finally everyone is building Woffiden up so high that its a very big chance the boy will fall flat on hes face thursday night, he is a great talent and it would not surprise me if he scored 8 or 9 points thursday but there is also a very big chance of him only scoring 1 or 2 so EVERYBODY STOP heaping extra pressure on the boy and let him naturally progress into a outstanding rider!

Allen done as well as could have been expected on his home track . Richardson was awful .

As for Woffinden and putting pressure on him . Australia and Russia have the attitude - if they're good enough , they're old enough . What do you suggest we do with Woffinden , hold him back till he's 25 .

Well number 1 the so-called GB skipper needs to have a good look at himself and think why he gave the impression he didn't give a s*** both off track and on it. If I was Lynch he'd not even be captain but that's not the debate here but Nicholls will have provided some laughs for our Swedish and Danish friends no doubt with his attitude last night.

And whilst on the subject, don't complain to the ref about totally correct decisions, Nicholls caused that crash end of story. No good effing and blinding in the pits and Lynch going and playing hell up to the ref who got most decisions spot on. No doubt if Thursday is an equally pathetic display the whole world cup will be blamed on that 1 decision as will every other bit of bad luck we supposedly had. Looked pathetic on Sky watching Lynch and Nicholls going barmy over that exclusion.. boot on the other foot and Nicholls wouldn't say a word.

Next shall we try and find the set up that the other 15 riders managed to find? Said on another thread, you won't see top riders having a moan so let's behave like top riders because on our day, GB should be a great team, and it is a great team on paper (for Thursday anyway).

And another thing, I know we have to be realistic, but why was it that all the time we just looked for the race-off. As a fan I said that is a realistic target but it's an invitation for the riders to ride as they did (crap in other words). Hear me out.. I doubt the Danes were sat saying we'll we've got an okay side but those Brits and Swedes are going to be a pesky bunch. Doesn't matter what they said in the interviews, they had the mentality and the motivation. We made it look acceptable to perform so badly. I'm not saying we CAN beat the Danes, but we should think we can. We should think we can beat anybody. We've got a good team, no disrespect but we're not Hungary (even though their team spirit was better), so why can't we beat the Danes? They've beaten the riders before? So why do we think we can't beat them in the World Cup?

And lastly, if possible can we remember how to gate for Thursday too please?

off the subject a we bit , goner be interesting at the end of season with relegation and promotion.

the premier league boys were up there last night on the pace and gating. might well be some shocks come the end of the play offs

Your correct in what you say as it will be one hell of a shock if Adrian Rymel is contesting the play-offs :wink:

We've got a good team, no disrespect but we're not Hungary (even though their team spirit was better), so why can't we beat the Danes? They've beaten the riders before? So why do we think we can't beat them in the World Cup?

For a start Denmark don't have a weak link in their team, they also seem to have their machinery much better prepared, and obviously a much stronger team spirit and determination. They also seemed to know exactly the line to ride first bend from every gate position, whilst how many times did our boys get forced out into last place off first bend (on a track they were all supposed to know so well)?

As to GB you'd expect Nicholls, and Richardson, to have done much better last night.

Bomber has been largely off the pace at this level since he cost me over a ton with his last bend pass of Hancock at Cardiff last year, in that context he probably did almost OK.

Stead, I'm sorry to say, will never make the top level but as a home track heat leader gave a shockingly desperate performance, in a couple of heats riding the track like a second half junior who'd never seen it before

I'm not going to blame Allen, who was probably the only rider to perform to realistic expectations.

At least GB have the chance to salvage some pride from last night's terrible effort, however we at Reading know all about Jim's powers of motivation (and tactical nous) so it could be another painful evening's viewing :neutral:

For a start Denmark don't have a weak link in their team, they also seem to have their machinery much better prepared, and obviously a much stronger team spirit and determination. They also seemed to know exactly the line to ride first bend from every gate position, whilst how many times did our boys get forced out into last place off first bend (on a track they were all supposed to know so well)?

The Danes are incredibly strong from 1-5, totally correct, but Scotty, Bomber etc, they've beaten them before, especially riders like Iversen, Bjarne, Bjerre etc? They're all world class riders without a doubt but not unbeatable by any means and especially not when we've got riders like Scotty and Bomber who are of a high quality on form.

I think it just all comes down to mentality, if they don't want it enough then it won't happen, and if they did want it then they didn't show it much last night.

And whilst on the subject, don't complain to the ref about totally correct decisions, Nicholls caused that crash end of story. No good effing and blinding in the pits and Lynch going and playing hell up to the ref who got most decisions spot on. No doubt if Thursday is an equally pathetic display the whole world cup will be blamed on that 1 decision as will every other bit of bad luck we supposedly had. Looked pathetic on Sky watching Lynch and Nicholls going barmy over that exclusion.. boot on the other foot and Nicholls wouldn't say a word.

I've not seen the Sky footage yet, but this doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I think it actually proves a contradiction. If he didn't care he wouldn't be kicking and screaming. It's always been Scott's way to need to hit something to vent his anger when things go against him. That's just the way he deals. Leigh Adams moans and whines like a little girl, Bjarne Pedersen sits quietly, Nicki Pedersen and Hans Andersen will also kick something. It's all just the way we're 'built'. The truth is that he shows the frustration and anger with his own performance Scott felt last night. I'd have been very concerned had he gone back to his pit and sat quietly. Chances are that if Scott hadn't got it out of his system there and then he'd have gone out and either crashed or knocked someone else off.

Where is the old Bulldog spirit? Seems more Bullsh*t than Bulldog right now.

Think the Guys need to show a big level of determination and Team spirit on Thursday. No excuses, just get on those bikes and ride with passion. Then we can all be proud, regardless of the result!

The top three know they are better than their showing last night and if they lead by example then the likes of Tai and Ed will be pumped too!