British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

What Do You Expect On Thursday

If Team GB qualify tonight, I'll eat my thong! :shock: .........

the shoe variety before you ask :wink:

If Team GB qualify tonight, I'll eat my thong! :shock: .........

the shoe variety before you ask :wink:

and we would need proof! :wink:

I definitely have not given up with them. After the Coventry fiasco they owe us big time!

If they can go into the meeting with the same attitude as Sweden did on Monday, then they will have a chance.

why do so many on here delude themselves, WE CLEARLY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, and in a couple of years time, maybe next year, we will be behind the Russians

Alot will depend on how we start in the 1st few heats i think if we can get of to an ok start we may have a chance and if you Tai gets a good 1st ride watch him go for me he should have been in on Monday.

Either way lets not right them off before the meeting gets underway if they all ride to there best we can qualify so let all get behind them

Subedei - get rid of that bloody avatar, you're Mongolian not bloody Polish. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

So did I. Lynch looked at the replays and said "There was no contact!"

Could you believe it? It was there on screen for all to see! No contact? Get some spectacles, Lynch!

some tes......s or spectacles? because he needs both.. :oops:

I will be TOTALLY supporting TeamGB tonight ( I still believe - how deranged is that?)

Am I allowed though to have a quiet cheer for Leigh Adams on Sat night? Doesn't make me a Team Australia fan! Just I feel naughty if I'm not cheering him in races!

Will STILL be cheering Team GB on Sat (if they get there!)....

Cheering Clean doesn't make me a bad person, does it? :unsure:

PS My two year old woke me up this morning saying "Wuffy, wuffy, wuffy, wuffy , WUFFY!" - I blame Nigel Pearson........

(mind you this is the boy who after Nanny gave him a top with a certain tank engine on and being told it was Thomas said proudly "Thomas GOLLOB!" - much to Nanny's confusion!!

I bring 'em up proper down 'ere! :lol:

Despite Monday I still can’t see the Poles or the Russians beating us on anything but a big flat Eastern European track.

Just as we won’t be as bad as we were on Monday Sweden won’t be as good but should still win with us in a safe second spot.

There’ll be a bit of faff when the Poles use their joker and close the gap but otherwise it will be relatively plain sailing ................I hope. :blink:

Another deluded soul

Despite Monday I still can’t see the Poles or the Russians beating us on anything but a big flat Eastern European track.

Just as we won’t be as bad as we were on Monday Sweden won’t be as good but should still win with us in a safe second spot.

There’ll be a bit of faff when the Poles use their joker and close the gap but otherwise it will be relatively plain sailing ................I hope. :blink:

Swedish averages for team GB and Poland

Team GB

Nicholls 7.01

Richardson 6.75

Harris 5.83

Stead 4.95

Allen 4,47

Woffinden, allsvensken (div 2) one match only 9.42

Kennett no average released by Kumla, due to poor scores.

Poland

Hampel 7.84

Holta 9.04

Walasek 6.03

Jagus 8.32

Kasprzak 6.84

Gollob 8.56

These averages are not from big flat eastern european tracks. The British elite league is a poor indicator of form with international meetings due to it's poor quality.

It is worth remembering that Poland finished second to Denmark in the SWC event at Vojens last season. And Australia were third. Poland's star performer that night was the semi-weird Walasek and he's riding tonight.

Another deluded soul

That's an awfully polite way of describing someone who thinks unSteady is a world class performer.

Edited by Subedei

Swedish averages for team GB and Poland

Team GB

Nicholls 7.01

Richardson 6.75

Harris 5.83

Stead 4.95

Allen 4,47

Woffinden, allsvensken (div 2) one match only 9.42

Kennett no average released by Kumla, due to poor scores.

Poland

Hampel 7.84

Holta 9.04

Walasek 6.03

Jagus 8.32

Kasprzak 6.84

Gollob 8.56

These averages are not from big flat eastern european tracks. The British elite league is a poor indicator of form with international meetings due to it's poor quality.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, why are you quoting swedish averages, and why are you comparing us to Poland? I thought the meeting tonight was in Denmark, and, IMO, our main rivals tonight are the Swedes.

without question the poles are better on a big polish track,but in denmark,gating is very often the name of the game,gollob,hampel,kasprzak,walasek,jagus and holta can all gate.

remind me which of ours can ?

Just to satisfy my curiosity, why are you quoting swedish averages

I'm guessing because none of them ride in the Danish league? It's irrelevant anyway - Olsen built the place (well, not personally, but you know what I mean) - he'll have it prepared as slick as...as...something slick.

he'll have it prepared as slick as...as...something slick.

Don't tell me he's trying to catch out the brits again!