British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

What Do You Expect On Thursday

Guest PanthersChamp06

got in from work after heat 15, and wasnt shocked with the score, we had no chance TBH.

Tai did well, rest should off done better, the track was decent i thought and saturday should be a good show

got in from work after heat 15, and wasnt shocked with the score, we had no chance TBH.

Tai did well, rest should off done better, the track was decent i thought and saturday should be a good show

i did notice that when georgie was interviewing him, he answered the questions to chris louis and didn't really look at georgie which was surprising!

I expected to get some serious stick for my comments on the GB riders especially Richardson, but im surprised i seem to have insulted the prickly Swedes !!

Maybe Paivi my Finnish friend will have to explain their sensabilities and sense of humour. But i honestly didnt mean any offence. I was simply trying to say they were in the same boat as team GB with riders but did a much better job. I still think Nicholls and co should be beating Nermark and Ljung. And im NOT a Scott Nicholls fan if you read my post i said he's over rated. But most tmes id expect a GP rider not to be 40 yds behind a PL rider.Bet that doesn't happen in the playoffs.I take offence at some of the comments following about ' football supporters mentality' etc and Subedies generalisation of everything. Well done Sweden and Poland tonight. They both DESERVED to be in the Final. GB were crap [ Tai apart and to a certain extent Harris ] I still think the Danes will win by a clear margin but i would like to see Sweden or Poland win. Thats if im allowed to shout for another team on saturday notwithstanding being an old imperialistic colonialist Brit or whatever crap it was.

Edited by Down in the Park

I cant take anything out of tonight other than Tai Woffindens showing, and even that didnt surprise me because i think the lad is a fabulous rider. He's something special. I hope people give him the time and space to develop and it will come. The rest ? Oh dear. Richardson reminds me of the proverbial British loser, like Tim Henman. Nicholls is over rated. Kennet tried, perhaps his efforts outweighed the talent early on [ over riding ? ] and was a bit out of his depth in this field but maybe will be a good performer on the world stage in years to come, time will tell, for me the jury is still out. Harris, i dont know what he was playing at when he was on the best gate at the time [ 3 ] actually gated and then drifted into no mans land and promptly got passed by the Swede and Pole. 5 out of 10 for his efforts too. Some may say im being harsh but i dont think so. The Swedes had a Premier League rider in and no disrespect to Peter Ljung but hes not an Elite Leaguer. Also we were told by the opinionated Pearson ' the Poles will struggle on the tight bends of Vojens ' Excuse me ??

We should have been in the mix with both. We were after 9 races but floundered after this point. Also amazed at Jim Lynch in his interview when he said ' We came here to maybe get second, we didnt think we could win, but maybe we've a chance ! ' [ of 1st ] Attitude of a realist ? I think they should have been pumped up to win the meeting outright. But once again for the umpteenth time we watch GB disappoint. Grand Prix riders getting beaten [ easily ] by Premier League riders and Continental riders who dont even ride EL, PL, and im not certain of the Russians pedegree on Polish and Swedish League racing but Harris and Nicholls shouldnt be losing to them. Restored Pride in Pearsons words ?, but for me we came a distant 3rd in a 3 horse race. Tai was a shining bright spot though.

I agree, Scott Nicholls should beat Ljung and Nermark. Nicholls is a GP-rider, and even if Ljung and Nermark have qualified for the Grand final, they arent as good as Scootie. But it seems like the Swedes really wanted revenge for the failure last year. In every heat the Swedes tried to win, no matter who was in front of them. Most of the brits looked like they were on an ordinary sundaytrip (except for Tai who was absolutely magnificent). I dont know if Lynch has problem of motivate them to win. And to be honest, why did Lynch ride Scott as TJ from lane one? That lane was terrible and everybody knew it (maybe except for Lynch...).

Howverver, like Anders, I am proud of the Swedish team, they did an awesome job. I dont think Sweden is going to win on Saturday but I think all the Swedish riders will do their best to do so.

I wish everyone would shut up about the commentators. So what, they are a little annoying, but none of you moaning, would be any different, if you were in their shoes.

And by complaining constantly, you are equally as annoying as they are. Put a sock in it, or watch something else. Its getting really boring.

:lol: Well said!

Very disappointing showing again last night - sure it was better than Monday, but i'd have switched off in disgust if it had been a repeat performance. Only thing that did grate was the constant repetition of 'restoring pride' - like hell we did - we finished 3rd and went out for gawd's sakes! Restoring pride would've been a blinding performance and winning last night, not fizzling out with a whimper.

Only bright point really was Tai - a shining example of how it's done. No fear on track and eloquent off it (alhough please lose the Scotty Nichools 'giving 110%' line, Tai! ;)). If we could clone this lad I'd be more than optimisitc about our future!

Our riders, for the most part, seemed to be riding totally different lines to the others - Eddie hugging that inside all the time and Rico riding in the AJ inspired 'no-mans-land'. So frustrating to watch - do our guys not read a race as they're riding it, as we seemed out-thought on too many occasions and being beaten up by riders who really shouldn't have been a threat to GP standard riders. Fair play to the Swedes and Poles though, and good luck to them on Saturday. Very impressive performances last night from both on the whole.

We do need a serious re-think by the authorities on how to nurture and bring through the next batch - Tai has shown himself ready, but the rest are still a long way off and need some sort of cushion to bring them through to the top. It needs to be a priority this close-season at conference, or we really are going to slip further behind the others. And as a supporter of my national team, I don't want to see that.

Edited by rabbit

offensive remark removed

Kindly engage what passes as your brain before posting with that kind of language. I am the adoptive parent of a blind teenager with Down Syndrome and every time I see this kind of stuff it goes straight to my heart. A moment's thought is all it takes.

Kindly engage what passes as your brain before posting with that kind of language. I am the adoptive parent of a blind teenager with Down Syndrome and every time I see this kind of stuff it goes straight to my heart. A moment's thought is all it takes.

Am with you there Fourentee (without going off topic) I wanted to reply to the posting but couldn't do it politely enough :approve:

Must be my age - I'd completely forgotten about the others.:oops: Mike Lee was who I was referring to- 28 years is nearly 30....

Gary Havelock 1992 and Mark Loram 2000 were 16 and 8 years ago ;)

I can't add anything that other have not already posted.

(see above.....)

offensive remark removed

You're a very sad individual if you think it's OK to refer to anyone using derogatory terms like that. Not only is it insulting to Edward Kennett, but worse -it's intensely hurtful to those involved with, or having, Down's Syndrome children not to mention to the sufferers themselves.

offensive remark removed

Leave the boy alone for goodness sake, it's what he does on track that matters!!

We do need a serious re-think by the authorities on how to nurture and bring through the next batch - Tai has shown himself ready, but the rest are still a long way off and need some sort of cushion to bring them through to the top. It needs to be a priority this close-season at conference, or we really are going to slip further behind the others. And as a supporter of my national team, I don't want to see that.

Seems to me that Tai's father might be the one for the BSPA to talk to, they need to find out just how he nurtured Tai into the rider he is today and hopefully put something in place for the youngsters along the same lines?

Yes, Daniel Nermark is a PL rider. He is also a much better rider than 2/3 of all the riders in the EL.

He only races in the PL because he enjoys it more doesn't he? He was a 7-8 point EL rider a few years back before he broke his legs and is now back to good form again.

Which one of the thriving cash swamped British clubs could afford to run it.

Sponsorship is the answer but this is on the assumption that the BSPA has someone who knows how to sell the product for the benefit of the sport and not simply to line a few pockets at the expense of the majority. If those promoters who continually whinge about losses are having such a bad time why do they not simply shut up shop and go and invest in something else. I find it hard to believe that in one field of business we have so many dumbos who are losing money and do nothing about it.

I wish everyone would shut up about the commentators.

Quite right, we should be proud as a nation that Nigel Pearson has retained his title in the World Cup of Shouting.

Sadly rumour is that Poland are offering to let him commentate under one of their licences.

No, of course they don't. Only British speedway counts. The other stuff is just Mickey Mouse. And that's why the sport in this country is on it's knees. Too many people think Britain is still the be all and end all. They're like the old imperialists who failed to understand that Britain was no longer such a big deal on the global stage after World War II.

A better analogy for foreigners is the hysteria regarding England's national football team and how we won the World Cup in 1966. Many football fans still live in 1966.

superb indeed. Cant believe chose the PL tho when he was wanted back at Wolves. Think he would have done a superb job for us personally in the EL

As a wolf owned rider - i can only echo your pride. :approve:

On Nermark, it was all about the ability to earn money. He believes, that there is more to be earned in the PL.

On Tai, I have heard rumours to suggest the same applies to him. Don't be surprised if he takes another season in the PL. :wink:

Guest chris26
i did notice that when georgie was interviewing him, he didn't really look at georgie which was surprising!

as good looking as she may be, he did well not to be distracted :wink::lol:

He only races in the PL because he enjoys it more doesn't he? He was a 7-8 point EL rider a few years back before he broke his legs and is now back to good form again.

All this talk about about PL v EL is irrelevant. We all know the that the EL is actually far from being Elite especially at the bottom end of teams where the majority of riders would struggle against the top PL boys. Just look at the perfomances of most of the PL league 'guests'.

Edited by mikegum