British Speedway Forum

Only after the BSPA have earnt some more interest on the moneys they have collected from everyone !!!! some like me who originally paid for the Pairs back in April (see post 205 as dietbowers said )

I will phone them tomorrow if I get time before I go off to Peterborough, hopefully to watch some speedway and not waterfalls and streams on a track. I will let you know how I get on via this thread.

ok, thank you. much appreciated. :approve:

Get rid of the BSPA blazer brigade, and get real people, with real vision, and real committment.

The sport doesn't need your politics. Do the job properly or get out. It's as blunt as that. I also echo the comments regarding those lazy riders who pull out of meetings with lazy attitudes.

It could however be a snub from the riders to the BSPA.........

Show piece events ? based on what ? prize money ? what it means in world speedway ? unless the top riders want to ride in it i is a pointless event ..

And seeing they don't it needs to put to bed .

Get rid of the BSPA blazer brigade, and get real people, with real vision, and real committment.

The sport doesn't need your politics. Do the job properly or get out. It's as blunt as that. I also echo the comments regarding those lazy riders who pull out of meetings with lazy attitudes.

It could however be a snub from the riders to the BSPA.........

COMPLETELY AGREE with Orion (and Sub) on this. Event that is well past its sell by date.

I wish we could get rid of BSPA brigade, but you can't. Its politically driven crap. Points limit shouldn't have been reduced....that was politics at its best! Caused upheaval that was not needed and I do not give a damn if riders that were moved on by the BSPA (or handed 28 day bans), then stick their fingers up at an event that is purely designed to make the BSPA money.

As I said before, Matt Ford knows how to promote an individual event. Give it to him, or someone else that will bother to get the sponsorship etc....

QUOTE (Rob B @ Aug 20 2008, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of those frustating times when you are driving down knowing there is no chance it will be on but you have to keep going till its called off in case there is that 1% chance the stadium misses the weather.

Yeah totally know what you mean, I remember travelling all the way from Cumbria to Kings Lynn to find out it was off in the car park! turned out to be an 11 hour journey for fish and chips lol

I went straight after work after checking the forecast on the Met Office website which didn't look good.

Rained on and off in various places throughout our drive up. Arrived in the Perry Barr car park at around 1550. Started to rain from around 1600. Had a look over the wall around 1630 and the track didn't look too bad. Around 1700 My Girlfriend & I had a wander over to the One Stop Centre and on the walk back about 1730 or so it eased up to almost nothing and whilst sat in the car it appeared to have stopped.

Had another look over the wall at the track and I was quite surprised at how good it looked considering the last hour of rain we just had.

That soon changed and I'm surprised they even opened the gates considering the forecast.

Edited by SCORPIO

i've just got back home, raining hard there, raining hard down here but not inbetween!! if they had it at swindon or something it would have been on.

Doubtless the BSPA are even now working on this information for the restaging...

Edit: The interesting aspect of the restaging will be seeing how many of the riders unavailable last night fail to make the second date too.

Further edit: Little consolation for those who travelled so far, I appreciate, but did anyone else have the chicken balti from the food truck? Superb.

Edited by Fourentee

As I said before, Matt Ford knows how to promote an individual event. Give it to him, or someone else that will bother to get the sponsorship etc....

But would Matt want to bother i his club isnt going to benefit from the profits.

If it was an individual for either Poole or one of his rides m sure he wold do a brilliant job but why should he bother if the BSPA end up taking he mney bags at the end of the night?!

We've had our share of running the ELRC over recent years, and we've fared no better with non-appearances and rider protests because of the weather - I remember one meeting in the same year as we'd hosted the SWC Final which was a total farce because the riders didn't fancy it in a bit of light drizzle. I'd personally be very surprised if Poole were to apply for either the re-staging or to host it any time soon to be honest.

it was already given to somebody but they got nothing but grief even though it was promoted and sponsorship was gained.

The same treatment should be handed out to Jonsson and Richardson, whom I joked with by text to a few folks yesterday that they would have no intention of setting foot in Birmingham today. They are both serial 'can't be arsed' qaulifiers for this event, and should both just be booted out of the League.

Just like Richardson 'couldn't be arsed' in 2003 when he won the thing, or in 2005 when he won the pairs with Adams? :angry: Selective memory is a great thing... :rolleyes:

Edited by BoroBearBabe

Just like Richardson 'couldn't be arsed' in 2003 when he won the thing, or in 2005 when he won the pairs with Adams? :angry: Selective memory is a great thing... :rolleyes:

Also he was not even suppose to in the event .

My friend and I both went to the ELRC last night on leaving the stadium we spoke to a certain CVS of the BSPA regarding a refund of our money to say he was rude and arrogant was an understatement. If his attitude towards the fans is a reflection of the BSPA as a whole, then sadly it is no wonder that this once great sport is now struggling to attract new fans, sponsorship or to survive.

Simply no refund now either use the ticket for another super 7 event or apply to the BSPA in writing at the end of October for a refund and it will be processed then according to CVS no refunds would be processed before the end of the season. I wonder if trading standards would be interested in this.

Totally in agreement with Nobby here feel angry frustrated and ripped off, half a line up, no explanation from BSPA lets just draft in some lesser riders, take the money. I for one will not be at any more Super 7 events involving riders from the EL. It's simply a case of if the riders and the BSPA can't be bothered then neither can I.

My friend and I both went to the ELRC last night on leaving the stadium we spoke to a certain CVS of the BSPA regarding a refund of our money to say he was rude and arrogant was an understatement. If his attitude towards the fans is a reflection of the BSPA as a whole, then sadly it is no wonder that this once great sport is now struggling to attract new fans, sponsorship or to survive.

Simply no refund now either use the ticket for another super 7 event or apply to the BSPA in writing at the end of October for a refund and it will be processed then according to CVS no refunds would be processed before the end of the season. I wonder if trading standards would be interested in this.

Totally in agreement with Nobby here feel angry frustrated and ripped off, half a line up, no explanation from BSPA lets just draft in some lesser riders, take the money. I for one will not be at any more Super 7 events involving riders from the EL. It's simply a case of if the riders and the BSPA can't be bothered then neither can I.

As everyone in Birminigham knows by now, CVS can be guaranteed to be acting and behaving "in the best interests of British Speedway" at all times...

Ah, somebody with a bit of sence at last!!. I still can't believe after the success of the 2004 World cup at Poole we haven't had a round since!!.

I still can't believe after the success of the 2004 World cup at Poole we haven't had a round since!!.

Because Poole is a poor venue for spectators, and geographically awkward for most of the country.