British Speedway Forum

Would you ride for the BSPA, when they ban you for not riding when you were not getting paid and stop you earning any money for another month?

I agree entirely. Whilst Hans was treated badly by his club it's the B.S.P.A that enforced the ban & hit him even harder.

I also say though that i can't understand why Hans let the situation drag on for so long.

After all it is he as club captain that signs a sheet to say there are no problems prior to a meeting, if he was doing so why was he & if not who was.

Edited by colincooke

Thanks for the clip.

It's certainly an awkward looking fall. He takes most of the impact on his backside and then hits his shoulder. I'm quite suprised he hasn't bruised his back actually. I still don't think a dead arm two days ago is enough to keep him out tonight. Ask yourself whether you think he'd miss the GP for a dead arm.

Looks a really nasty crash, you can see him clutch his arm straight away.

I've no doubt he is sore, very understandable he doesn't ride.

Thanks for the clip.

It's certainly an awkward looking fall. He takes most of the impact on his backside and then hits his shoulder. I'm quite suprised he hasn't bruised his back actually. I still don't think a dead arm two days ago is enough to keep him out tonight. Ask yourself whether you think he'd miss the GP for a dead arm.

But he hasn't got a dead arm, he has a bruised shoulder, and no I don't believe he would miss a GP for a bruised shoulder.

Edited by ballinger

i would say he places a lot more importance in a GP than tonights meeting especially as if he wins the GP he goes to the Super Prix straight afterwards to try and win $200,000 for doing just 4 laps

Does anyone know if i can watch this meeting on the internet, living in Spain missing my fix of speedway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope its a good meeting tonight despite all the pull outs. The racing recently has been very good and if it is tonight then it will bring a little bit more respctibility back to the meeting. As this is the only individual at Birmingham now after the axing of the second city trophy :mad: , I certantly hope its a good meeting.

What irritates me is why is it only known on the day of the meeting that riders have pulled out. Whether riders are pulling out on the day of the meeting or the BSPA only tell supporters on the day of the meeting, its wrong really. Sadly it wont suprise me if more riders withdraw from this meeting. Still decent line up, It also wouldnt suprise me if the track record went tonight.

Short-changing the fans again who have paid £20 to see this .....prestigious ??....meeting. :rolleyes:

Can't go tonight after the first staging was rained off. Glad I'm not going and will get my money back.

Absolutely spot on,i went to the original but fortunately waited outside as it was chucking it down and when it was rained off i was glad i hadnt paid to get in and not get a refund.this sort of behaviour by the bspa does not do the sport any favours.

Does anyone know if i can watch this meeting on the internet, living in Spain missing my fix of speedway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cant watch it over the internet but you can listen to it. Its going to be live on BBC WM, website here, you have to have realplayer installed I think to listen to it, it can be downloaded for free on the internet, just google it.

Its the main sports story on WM, the coverage of this meeting has been great, just what we need with a planning application going in soon.

Edited by Brummie Kev