British Speedway Forum

What about AJ? He wasn't there either. :rolleyes:

Plus you don't know the reason why bjarne pulled out of it. So maybe you should find that out before passing judgement.

Lisa I didnt mention AJ and Nicholls because its old news, they pulled out ages ago so no point me commenting on it. for what its worth its not a have ago at Poole rant as I aslo believe any rider (AJ included) should be banned for missing this meeting.

Lets be honest do YOU really believe that bjarne was injured last night or he just could not be bothered.

I see you as a person who answers honestly so be intrested to hear your opinion.

Regards my comments on the atmosphere I was there and it was shocking both in and outside but inside was like a Grave Yard. I sit inside at Belle Vue and even thought some meetings can be flat I have never witnessed it as bad as last night at Perry Barr. A belle Vue fan who I travelled with told me he has been to Prem matches at Perry Barr and said it would be like that before the meeting as its what he found on Prem days, boy was he right.

where poor preparation, secondhand equipment and a less proffesional approach are more acceptable

What a damn cheek!

Normally it is a good atmosphere at PB, whose fault is that the crowd was quiet? Air Horns are not permitted due to Council restrictions aswell, I am not saying that is the reason by the way but it is quieter without them.

Anyway stop knocking the Brummies 2 of them scored 13 points for Belle Vue the other night.

Edited by Moorski

Normally it is a good atmosphere at PB, whose fault is that the crowd was quiet? Air Horns are not permitted due to Council restrictions aswell, I am not saying that is the reason by the way but it is quieter without them.

Anyway stop knocking the Brummies 2 of them scored 13 points for Belle Vue the other night.

Im not having a go at Birmingham Speedway. I can only say it as I see it, Or hear on this occassion.

And as for the 13 points 1 of the riders was MR Belle Vue and always will be a true Ace.

As for the MAD pole he was very entertaining he must of rode every inch of the track during the night, I think with a few more meetings he would be a decent Elite reserve.

Lisa I didnt mention AJ and Nicholls because its old news, they pulled out ages ago so no point me commenting on it. for what its worth its not a have ago at Poole rant as I aslo believe any rider (AJ included) should be banned for missing this meeting.

Lets be honest do YOU really believe that bjarne was injured last night or he just could not be bothered.

I see you as a person who answers honestly so be intrested to hear your opinion.

Regards my comments on the atmosphere I was there and it was shocking both in and outside but inside was like a Grave Yard. I sit inside at Belle Vue and even thought some meetings can be flat I have never witnessed it as bad as last night at Perry Barr. A belle Vue fan who I travelled with told me he has been to Prem matches at Perry Barr and said it would be like that before the meeting as its what he found on Prem days, boy was he right.

TBH i don't really have one (for once!! :wink: ) as i don't know why he pulled out. Maybe he caught davey's flu or something happened to prevent him from riding. I have no idea, it hasn't been mentioned in the local media either.

Riders have pulled out of this meeting for the last 5 years or so and it gets worse each year. Is it really worth having it anymore?

Well at least some of the original line-up were there. Aren't we blessed. Oh, and nice of them to do a victory lap...eventually!! :rolleyes:

Oh, and whoever arranges the printing of the programme would you kindly stipulate a 120gsm(ish) Cartridge (or similar) for the centre spread (score card). It's easier to write on than Silk. And we'll be needing more room to write all the replacement names in at the top in future as well. :P

(8 of the original 16 missing in the end)

Agree with a previous comment that having Herne and Priest as reserves for this meeting was a bit of a joke. No disrespect to either rider, but this was an EL meeting.

Right, that's the moans out of the way. :lol:

It's a shame the track wasn't quite at it's best, although not a total disaster. By the time the guys had it sussed out the dirt was very wide making passing difficult. 11 of the 16 riders won at least one race proving that even lower standard EL riders can win races on a new track straight of the box, so-to-speak. However, winning from the start and being able to work out racing lines to catch and pass someone are two completely different things. As proven by the eventual winner. He (Jason) was comfortably beaten in his second and third rides, and then again in the semi. Congrats to him on his win, but I felt Rory was the faster rider on show, even if the track wasn't allowing it to be shown on the stop watch. He just looked quicker than anyone else to me. Ride of the night had to be Rory chasing down the pack after the elbow on the first turn from Freddie. He was a mile at the back on the first turn. He caught and passed Charlie in a couple of laps, and then set after Freddie. He must have made up about 30 yards on him, and half of that on the last bend. Cracking effort.

Holder - Solid all night and kept Crump honest in heat 1. Thought he had him once but the inside wasn't quite as quick as usual (when I'm there anyway).

Crump - Not the best rider overall but won the one that matters. Congrats and, although I don't like him (as a rider), hats off for a determined nights racing. He wasn't giving the fence any more room than usual. Top pro.

Lindgren - Dreadful early on but picked up a bit. Great race with PUK for his heat win.

Adams - Took a ride to work it out, and then reeled off four cracking wins. Did well to hold off a surprisingly determined inside surge by Roo when they met. Ditto my closing comments about Jason. Don't like him either, but top pro.

Janiro - Started off okay, but it all went a bit wrong after that. Looked very uncomfortable going back to the changing rooms. Hope he's ok. The Bees need him v Lakeside. (Still no idea why Stead or Allen didn't ride)

Kennett - Nothing wrong with his straight line speed, but his gating was poor and when he caught riders he looked a bit lost. Mistakes cost him the ground he'd just made up.

Swidders - Probably the biggest disappointment of the night. Bike problems in his first may be a clue to his performance though.

Bjerre - Cracking night on the whole, but I can't recall a single pass. But then it's not his fault if the others gate slower than him half the time.

Gjedde - Looked like he couldn't be bothered. Full length of the straight behind more than once.

Batchelor - Looked awesome when beating Crump in the fastest time of the night second time out, but failed to build on it and appeared to quit when behind.

Watt - A very good replacement for 'he that can not be bothered' (well I have yet to hear any kind of explanation for his absence). Deserved his place in the semi. He can never be accused of not trying, even if it doesn't work.

King - Challenged Lindgren for the worst start to the meeting, and then picked up in his last three.

Schlein - Only his second ride was poor. Left trailing then. Other than that he was very good value and provided as much passing as the rest put together. MOTM.

Bridger - Turned out to be the second most entertaining rider with his efforts. A stunning first lap to hold off Crump and Watt in his third ride gave him 7 three. Sadly, he couldn't make a start after that. He was good value with his attempts to get on terms and make passes though. Cracking performance.

PUK - Terrible early on, but very steady in his last three to record a reasonable 7 points and a mid 'table' finish.

Not fair on the punters if only half of the original riders turn up :angry:

Totally agree with the posters who said the atmosphere was crap, it was but thats not the Brummies fault, I think we The Brummies were the only ones making a noise, y'all should stand together as club representives then you would be heard as a group not individuals!

The atmosphere on a prem match is totally different, were proud of our team and we show it!!!

IMHO the track looked pretty good too!

Totally agree with the posters who said the atmosphere was crap, it was but thats not the Brummies fault, I think we The Brummies were the only ones making a noise, y'all should stand together as club representives then you would be heard as a group not individuals!

The atmosphere on a prem match is totally different, were proud of our team and we show it!!!

IMHO the track looked pretty good too!

Where were the brummies making nosie certainly not in the stadium.

Sorry Hon, you must be a little deaf we were in the 2nd tempory stand doing the Brummies warcry!

In fact we had some Aces fans in front of us who having the crack with us! And however you want to insult us the Brummies made more noise than anyone else there! :D

Sorry Hon, you must be a little deaf we were in the 2nd tempory stand doing the Brummies warcry!

In fact we had some Aces fans in front of us who having the crack with us! And however you want to insult us the Brummies made more noise than anyone else there! :D

Sorry not inside they didnt.

Well at least some of the original line-up were there. Aren't we blessed. Oh, and nice of them to do a victory lap...eventually!! :rolleyes:

Oh, and whoever arranges the printing of the programme would you kindly stipulate a 120gsm(ish) Cartridge (or similar) for the centre spread (score card). It's easier to write on than Silk. And we'll be needing more room to write all the replacement names in at the top in future as well. :P

(8 of the original 16 missing in the end)

I shan't travel to a Super7 meeting again for all the reasons above and the one that wasn't mentioned, namely the wearing of those stupid body colours. Let the riders representing their teams wear their team colours IMHO. (mind you, as this was on my doorstep, I went, but that and to see the track record broken was my only reason.)

Agree with a previous comment that having Herne and Priest as reserves for this meeting was a bit of a joke. No disrespect to either

Future Speedway Trivia question...who was the first Brummie rider to ride in the ELRC?...

PUK - Terrible early on, but very steady in his last three to record a reasonable 7 points and a mid 'table' finish.

Sorry, not up with EL stuff, so excuse me for asking, but how did he get that nickname? And who is BJ?

I've forgotten how PUK got his nickname but I do know that BJ is Coventry's Billy Janniro. :wink:

I've forgotten how PUK got his nickname but I do know that BJ is Coventry's Billy Janniro. :wink:

I can`t remember either,but he was called PUK when he rode for Newport in the Premier League a few years back.