British Speedway Forum

Just got back, super meeting once the track started to produce some good racing after first 8 heats or so we started to see some passing. The crowd was massive and had an atmosphere to match. Gutted for Kauko, for me was the best rider of the night and i'm not being biased there. His gating in his heats was some of the best ive seen him do. But well done Tai, fully deserved. But Sky tomorrow are gonna be extremely annoying lol.

Well after looking forward to this meeting for weeks, this meeting reminded me of why I prefer team racing rather than individual meetings, I just don't enjoy them, and this was for all the hype not the best meeting, although it certainly did pick up after the interval.

Some real surprises in this one, but Tai Woffenden came good at the right time, and Jason Doyle did very well after his pile up at Sheffield less than a 2 weeks ago, when he damaged his ribs.

Here is how I saw the riders performances;

(1) Jason Bunyan; 12 points 4th in the Semi Final Start like a steam train, and rode far better than when he cam to Sheffield with the IOW.

(2) Henning Loof; 0 points, Pull out after one ride, not sure why, but this was a meeting that he was of his class.

(3) Tai Woffenden; 12 points Winner, Started very slowly, but once he got into his stride show his class, I think that next season the Elite League beckons.

(4) Jason Doyle; 11 points Runner Up, Went about his business quietly but very efficiently, gone way up in my estimation after what happen at Sheffield on his previous visit.

(5)Andre Compton; 5 points, Won his first race, but after that not a lot, and I am sure that he will be very disappointed with his performance.

a(6) Adrian Ryml; 12 points Third, Rode well again, bit fortunate Neimenen pack up in the final to claim his podium place, but I am sure that the Bandits fans will have been proud of him.

(7) William Lawson; 3 points; I don't think that we are ever going to see the best of Wee Willy at Sheffield, although he did win his last race which proves he can win races at Sheffield.

(8) Jason King 6 points, I think that the Diamonds fans might be a little disappointed with Jason's performance, but honestly he did let anyone down , and I think that he will be back for a tilt at the title.

(9) Ulrich Ostergaard; 7 points; My tip for the title, but Ully was very disappointing tonight did not ride to his capabilities.

(10) Kauko Neiminen; 11 points Fourth, start like a steam train, and liked good and fast all night, but his engine gave up on him, otherwise it would have been a podium position.

(11) Jason Lyons 5 points; Excluded in his first race, and then not a great deal after that, never seemed to be able to get going.

(12) Shane Parker; 10 points, I honestly thought he might struggle after missing most of the season with injury and illness, but rode really well, and olny just missed out on a semi final place.

(13) Kevin Doolan 6 points; Another pre meeting favourite who failed to produce, just did not seemed to be able to get going.

(14) Magnus Karlsson; 4 points, Did what I expected him to do, tried hard, but not quite good enough.

(15) Ben Barker; 11 points Third in Semi Final; Rode well, but is there a rider who is dislike more than Ben in British Speedway, his name and the sight of him set the crowd in to constant booing, he sure has upset quite a few fans.

(16) Gary Havelock; 3 points; Very very disappointing.

On to the fans the Loudest has to be the Redcar and Workington fans, the most colourful the Brummie fans in their Red and Yellow, and the Redcar fans yet again in their wigs.

Nice to meet up with Forum members again and for the first time.

Met up again with

Shadders

Bandits 4 Ever

Blue Jam and all the Brummie crew

And Glasgow's legend Paulco (I wonder if he made that night shift at work)

Meeting for the first time

Bagpuss

Tsunami and his wife and daughter

Dracula

Bandits 4 Life

All totally genuine and nice people and a pleasure to meet.

Edit yet again sorry missed off Colin Cook.

Edited by spin king

Congratulations Tai on becoming PLRC (yet another trophy)....you are truely amazing! Youv'e achieved so much in such a short space of time. Keep it going you'll be world champ one day!

Congratulations Tai on becoming PLRC (yet another trophy)....you are truely amazing! Youv'e achieved so much in such a short space of time. Keep it going you'll be world champ one day!

Got to agree with you there June, after his first two rides, I wonder whether or not he had been hyped up to much, but then bang really showed everybody what he can do.

I really think that us supporters are going to have to be content with watching him on Sky next season as I can only see that his next step is into the Elite League.

Wicked meeting :approve:

Ben did some amazing overtakes but was too slow in the semi. Tai got better as the meeting went on and also did some fantastic overtakes, especially in the final. Made me very proud of the two Brits :approve:(well if Rune Holta is "Polish", Tai is definitely "British"...)

Kauko was very fast and consistent, so I was sad to see his engine failure in the final.

Overall a good meeting, better than I had expected.

Edited by a61

A bit disappointed with the meeting to be honest . That's the last twice this has been at Sheffield and the outside gates have been a graveyard , so i dont know what Rymel was thinking off taking gate 4 in the final .

Bit hard on Shane not reaching the semi after scoring 10 , but there you go . The best rider on the day won it .

Great to see all the old familiar faces , and some new ones . And Spinny i kicked nightshift into touch - too much beer and too much travelling for that nonsense . :wink:

Well done Tai, seems like yesterday i was watching him learn how to skid.

Superb meeting IMO some of the racing from Woffinden and Rymel was superb, Tais out side pass on Niemenin and Rymels stalking of Doyle were worth the entrance money alone IMO.

Riders did have gate pick in the Semi and Final Bunyan picked three purely based on it being his favourite number.

Rymel has been electric from gate 4 at the majority of tracks all season it is actually his favourite gate and was of the belief that he could power round the other riders, unfortunately it wasn't to be but 3rd place is a superb achievement for him, he has done the club and him self proud and that puts a stamp on a fine season and confirms to every one that he now is a " number 1 ". :approve:

Well done to Tai a deserved winner

Meeting for the first time

Bagpuss

Great to meet you too sir (we will chat more next time!) as well as bumping into old favourites Paulco, Bluejam, B4E, Shadders and Bandits4life.

Super atmosphere on the first bend (why all the booing for Ben Barker?!) although the racing was fairly poor until after he interval. Gate one was a huge advantage all afternoon and gate four the opposite and passing was nigh on impossible for those first dozen races. Much better after that tough with some good racing. Was also apparent that the stock car problem still remains with a few lumps and bumps on the second bend.

Obviously disappointed with Kevin's display although he has been top drawer all season so we can allow him an off day :wink: made a bad start to the meeting with gate four in his first ride and never really recovered and seemed to lack the required speed.

Well done to young Tai, what a rider this boy is already, scary to think how good he will be in 5-10 years.

Edited by Bagpuss

Just got back, super meeting once the track started to produce some good racing after first 8 heats or so we started to see some passing. The crowd was massive and had an atmosphere to match. Gutted for Kauko, for me was the best rider of the night and i'm not being biased there. His gating in his heats was some of the best ive seen him do. But well done Tai, fully deserved. But Sky tomorrow are gonna be extremely annoying lol.

I think his stint with us has (Lakeside) sharpened him up. I was very impressed with him too. I had him down as a potential winner after they had completed 3 races each. He even got away from the notorious gate 3 reasonably well. I've seen him ride at Owlerton a few times now and each time he gets better and better, think he is destined to go onto greater stardom as well. My nipper, who was making his own spectating debut at Speedway, was very disappointed the rider in blue didn't win the final.

In all a very enjoyable event, the first few heats were a bit processional but there was some excellent racing and passing, most obvious being Tai and his burst round the 3rd - 4th bend boards, awesome race that was.

Edited by General Melchitt

Great to meet you too sir (we will chat more next time!) as well as bumping into old favourites Paulco, Bluejam, B4E, Shadders and Bandits4life.

Good to see you again too mate although we never had time for a chat . It was like a sort of mini Cardiff for PL fans yesterday as i bumped into so many familiar faces yesterday . The Old Crown pub next to the track became Sheffield's Prince of Wales for the day as it was packed with such notable BSFers such as Bluejam , Spin King , Colin Cooke , Tiger2799 , Porgie 67 , Dracula and Big Russ . HalifaxTiger walked by and you should have stopped for a beer mate .

Riders were also in evidence with Birko , Ben Wilson , Kyle Legault , Lee Complin and Mitchell Davey all mingling comfortably with the fans .

Inside the stadium itself i ran into countless numbers of friendly faces that you only see once or twice a year . With apologies to anyone i missed out ( cause the beer had been flowing from early on :rolleyes: ) it was again a pleasure to meet Leigh , Foldsy , Shadders , Bandits4ever , Goldmember and his charming wife , Brummiestormer and his good lady , MOT , Redcar Fan , Porterpoolie , Lucifer Sam doing his sterling work collecting for the injured riders fund and the Somerset lot Statman , Najjer etc . And nice to meet for the 1st time Hey Jude and Bandits4life .

Again i've probably missed some folks out so i apologise , but it was an enjoyable day in warm , brilliant sunshine ( and how many times has that happened in the last couple of seasons ) . Roll on next year .

Well done to young Tai, what a rider this boy is already, scary to think how good he will be in 5-10 years.

Scary :) I'm looking forward to, with lots of good luck, seeing how good he will become :)

Not sure but

Is Tai the youngest PLRC winner? And Tai is at the moment anyway, currently CLRC & PLRC champion! Is that another first?

Great meeting well done to Tai

Felt that Jason Bunyan was really fast and unlucky not to have a go in the final. Big crowd with committed riders makes the ELRC look like a joke