British Speedway Forum

First of all Congratulations to Tai. A very popular and deserved winner and if Andre wasn't going to win it then Tai was second choice. Most fans seemed happy at the result too. To be honest though i was disappointed at the meeting. Early on the track produced no racing, got better later but is still a million miles away from the awesome racing i used to remember at Sheffield. This has been for a while now, different shale ??? I dont know but too often the track looks grippy, dry and patchy. Plenty of muck on it, but thats not the be all and end all to produce racing. Id give the meeting 6.5 out of 10. The line up i was hoping for 9 out of 10. The crowd was large and the atmosphere was very good too. One other thing that annoyed our group was the reserve situation for a meeting like this. Why oh why cant they have reserves or at least ONE of comparable standard ?. No disrespect to Ben Taylor or Scott Richardson but if say Tomas Topinka had been first reserve and a rider dipped out [ as Loof did in this occasion ] then id rather see the 17th averaged rider taking the rest of the rides. This standard of rider would have a chance of making the semi or even winning the meeting with 3 or 4 rides. To me its shortchanging the public on a massive scale, especially if its for pay and travel money reasons. The Super Seven organisers should look at addressing this in the big meetings next year.

Edited by Down in the Park

Me and my dad discussed the situations with reserves there aswell - not even a big name is necessary but someone who could ride the track and possibly produce a bit of decent racing. Richardson and Taylor aren't anywhere near the standard of the other riders in the meeting.

Did Topinka turn up to the meeeting. Ironic but if the rules allowed it Topinka would have had 4 races? Possibly amassed enough points to reach the semi and then into the final.

Well it was announced in the official line up few weeks back that the meeting reserves were Kauko Nieminen and Tomaz Topinka, but when Nermark pulled out Kake took his place, so I dont know why we ended up with 2 CL riders.

Wonder if it was to do with the KFC he was tucking into only an hour before the meeting. :blink:

Well he must be addicted to them as his dad, Rob, Johnno his mechanic and a few of his mates celebrated in there after as well...and he followed up his meal with an ice cream whilst wearing a crash helmet!! Wish I'd had my camera!!

Well he must be addicted to them as his dad, Rob, Johnno his mechanic and a few of his mates celebrated in there after as well...and he followed up his meal with an ice cream whilst wearing a crash helmet!! Wish I'd had my camera!!

Yes, the daughta and me were in there, SCB was there, now you are admitting being in there with the riders also including Rymel and Doyle. Definately the place to be to meet the celebs eh.

And the top 3 were all in KFC after the meeting. We know what makes a good speedway rider now, KFC :shock:
A sponsorship opportunity surely?

Me and my dad discussed the situations with reserves there aswell - not even a big name is necessary but someone who could ride the track and possibly produce a bit of decent racing. Richardson and Taylor aren't anywhere near the standard of the other riders in the meeting.
They were still faster than Henning Loof!!

A bizarre decision to allow him to embarrass himself and Mildenhall speedway by starting the meeting.

Ok, every team deserves to be represented, but for gawds sake have some common sense!!!

It was roll eyes time for the first eight or so races. I was calling for the PLRC to be switched to Rye House in future as the racing was so processional.

I'm glad it improved vastly after the interval.

Highlights were Rymels battle with Ostergaard and pass on Doyle in heat 16 and Tai's 3rd to 1st in heat 15.

Happy to see Compton, Barket and Nieminen walk away from those horrific looking spiils.

I don't know what it is, but I do enjoy my visits to Owlerton (except my very first in 2004 when the Rockets were severely spanked!!).

Nice to meet some more charming and friendly Brummies fans, Blue Jam (top bloke), Hey Jude (Bramble, take my advice and steer clear from this ex pub landlady who'd make mincemeat out of you) and Zlata Prilba ( I forgot to ask him what the hell that means!! :blink: )

Also met the only other bandits fan there (apart from B4e) Bandits_4_life.

Always nice to bump into old favourites Squall, Vog (hope the knee gets better soon), Leigh and Foldsey (enjoy Newcastle tonight), Bagpuss, Paulco, Spin King (this time with Spin King Jnr), Shorty, Windsor (wow!! those tattoos :blink:

Apologies I've forgotten anyone..it was a stressful last few heats!!

WOOFY WOOFY WOOFY :D

Actually there was a fair few bandits fans at the meeting, mostly between the 3rd and 4th bend. Good meeting even though a bit proccessional at times. Still think a meeting like this needs a nuetral track. Well done to tia and well done adrian for his third place . Couldn't understand why henning loof rode as not fair on him.

Im going to stick up for henning loof, the poor guy fell off at mildenhall last sun and did really hurt his ankle and knee. He came to have a go and was in so much pain pulled out. He did not embarrass himself or mildenhall, maybe if henning didnt give it a go, mildenhall wouldnt have an representive so maybe some people should be thankful he turned up.

Im going to stick up for henning loof, the poor guy fell off at mildenhall last sun and did really hurt his ankle and knee. He came to have a go and was in so much pain pulled out. He did not embarrass himself or mildenhall, maybe if henning didnt give it a go, mildenhall wouldnt have an representive so maybe some people should be thankful he turned up.

Well said, if Mildenhall hadn't of sent anyone fans would have moaned. Hope Henning feels better soon and that the swelling etc has gone down now.

Firstly congratualations to Tai Woffinden on his brilliant victory. Looked quick all afternoon and deserved the victory.

Secondly well done Adrian, you made us really proud, ok it didnt work out in the final but he was still suberb. His 4th ride was excellent to come from 3rd to 1st was awesome. Was also nice to see a few bandit fans there to cheer him on, a what was a great day out and to top it off the wetherby whaler was brilliant. I had fish nd chips with curry sauce, was delicious.

Was also nice to see Bagpuss and B4e again, as well as meeting Shadders, Spin King and Paulco for the first time, was nice meeting you and hope to see you soon!!

It was nice to catch up with Paulco ,Shadders Spinking and Junior at Sheffield true speedway fans

It was nice to catch up with Paulco ,Shadders Spinking and Junior at Sheffield true speedway fans

Who's getting the next round in? :lol: