British Speedway Forum

Well done Doyley,great performance considering he had a bad pile up at Sheffield the other week.Thats Somerset on the podium in all the main events this year,(Pairs, Fours and Individual),and still in with a shout for the title,not bad for a club that most people said would do crap this season.

massive well done to Tai Woffinden, seems like he fully deserved it and 2009 will be another big year for the lad where he should go Elite full time to keep his progression going !

Tai has not made his mind up about next year and may not even ride in the UK :shock:

good match well done to wofinden, wanted rymel or niemenen to win tbh. Comptons night just summed his season up, it all went wrong! :neutral:

Well after a few races gate and go it turned out pretty good, and I have really enjoyed today.

Bunyan rode brilliantly and looks totally different to previously this year, fair play..

Loof was way out of his depth and no shock he withdrew..

Tai, well I doubted him at first but as we know with Tai that's a stupid thing to do and he came back in some style and deservedly won it, nice one :D..

Doyle - started slowly but overall a top nights work..

Compton had a decent first race and not a lot after..

Rymel was solid throughout and deserved his place in the final..

Lawson struggled as expected with all due respect as he never rides Sheffield well but finished off with a win, which btw was a job well done and no fluke..

King was in the mix but never really set the meeting alight..

Ostergaard I was very surprised at as I had him down as a finalist if not potential winner..

Nemo was class, deserved his spot in the final..

Lyons was my tip to win so if anyone wants this Wednesday's Lotto numbers, just drop me a pm :wink: not great..

Parker was a little unpredictable but a good nights work, hard to believe the time he's had out and for what reasons in all honesty..

Doolan I expected better of, real shock he didn't make at least the semi..

Karlsson was never really brilliant, as expected in fairness..

Barker was bloody brilliant, what a racer, great to see him riding like that..

and Havvy was, well to put it politely, crap, looks a shadow of his former self sadly.

Tai Woffinden - PLRC 2008 - well done young man :approve:

(although Sky commentary tomorrow will likely be annoying :P)

Question to the Monarchs fans. 21 point max, or PLRC? :lol:

Well seeing as you are posting it at the Monarchs as a team - we'll take the Premier League title and Premier Trophy for starters :wink:

Glad the midget had his day :wink:

Edited by ylinenhare5-1

First and foremost what a great crowd there was today, it was absolutly packed everywhere you went especially on 3rd and 4th bends.

Was a good meeting but not much passing of a good note which made it a bit disappointing and would have been a lot better if riders could have got round the outside.

Well done to Tai on winning the meeting and looked way better after he changed his bike after 2 rides and had 4 straight wins. Bunyan was great value and was 0.1 outside track record in heat 1 and would have gone straight to final as was winning heat 17 before it was stopped and blew it in semi with 1st pick and chose gate 3!!

Ostergaard, Doolan, Lyons and Compton which were my certs to be in top 6 were all poor and Compton blew it going for a gap round the outside of Parker and ran out of room.

To be fair Lawson was always going to be way out classed in that field of riders! monarchs a team of seconds strings from 1 to 7 that why they are going to win the league fair play. sounds like a good meeting. well done everyone

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting and well done to young Tai who was different class after his first two rides. a well deserved winner. Also well done to Jason Doyle, Adrian Rymel & Kauko who were all excellent.

To be fair Lawson was always going to be way out classed in that field of riders! monarchs a team of seconds strings from 1 to 7 that why they are going to win the league fair play. sounds like a good meeting. well done everyone

I'd say he's a lot better than a second string, he just can't ride Sheffield lol.

Well done Adrian on the third place..........did think you could get to final on current form (at which point anything can happen). B)

Well done to Tai! What went wrong Kev???

The same that went wrong with Compton, Ostergaard and Lyons could not make a gate and was outshone by the likes of Bunyan, Barker, Woffy, Rymel, Nemo!!