British Speedway Forum

There are three bars although I dont know if the one on the 3rd bend will be open. The Panorama Room on the home straight and the bar on the first bend will definately be open. Both good views but without the sound and smells. Also warning the traffic wardens have been busy of late and there are double yellows around some of the stadium. Check the signs re parking restrictions before you park or it could cost you as it has to some Sheffield Supporters recently. Stadium car park is okay if you get there early enough but can be a nightmare getting out. If you go past the stadium towards Hillsborough Football ground you will see a car park in Hillsborough Park. Turn left off the dual carriageway at the lights and the gate is on the left. I dont think they close the gates. You should know you are getting near to the football ground as you will smell bacon (Sheffield in joke, sorry but I couldnt resist it)

Looking forward to my first visit to Sheffield.

Any tips on where the best viewing is? Or where the bar is? :P

Depends how you like atmosphere. The Panorama bar (main bar on the home straight, it's lovely inside) is an absolutely superb view if you can get to the front but it's a bit like turning the sound on Sky right down and trying to watch with no sound, and of course you don't get the smell or airhorns etc. I'd recommend the top of the first bend (I've only stood there once for a full meeting though, V Rye House and before the meeting on Thursday but the view is good, you can see everything and get the speed etc) and it's also next to the first bend bar.

Hope you enjoy it :approve:

You should know you are getting near to the football ground as you will smell bacon (Sheffield in joke, sorry but I couldnt resist it)

Haha :D

Does anybody know if it starts at 3.30 or 4.

4pm.

Oh and according to the latest press release another change to the line-up sees former Sheffield Tiger Paul Lee representing Mildenhall. Depends on his fitness but he will probably do more than Truminski would have.

Looking forward to my first visit to Sheffield.

Any tips on where the best viewing is? Or where the bar is? :P

Myself and Spin King will be lurking in the vicinity of the bar on the 1st bend , where the viewing is pretty good as well - although there will be a huge crowd there tomorrow .

Is back straight open for this ? I take it not

Nothing's been said about it. If they can't open it for the Garry Stead benefit meeting then I doubt they will do for a similar size crowd tomorrow. Shame, never stood there but (I take it you have if you're asking) apparently it's a great view.

Nothing's been said about it. If they can't open it for the Garry Stead benefit meeting then I doubt they will do for a similar size crowd tomorrow. Shame, never stood there but (I take it you have if you're asking) apparently it's a great view.

Stood there for both the World Team Cup and one of the PLRCs but really cant remember who won as I went to a few

Viewing was superb up above the track would be good if it was open.

Going to be interesting to see the crowd at this maybe time changes you're memory of things and I was younger but the PLRC at Sheffiled on a Sunday afternoon used to be some thing else with a big crowd, hope to see more of the same on Sunday

So wish I was going - but have to work!

Definitely no home track advantage tomorrow - IMO about 4 or 5 riders could win it!!

Enjoy it!!

Stood there for both the World Team Cup and one of the PLRCs but really cant remember who won as I went to a few

Viewing was superb up above the track would be good if it was open.

i stood on the back straight for the 2003 PLRC. would that be the same one as yourself young man?

Sean Wilson won that one :rolleyes:

i stood on the back straight for the 2003 PLRC. would that be the same one as yourself young man?

Sean Wilson won that one :rolleyes:

Would sound about right yeah.

Sorry, but I don't think that the backstraight will be open, unless there is an exceptionally large crowd, as it takes some big organising to open it up, the last time it was open was the Sean Wilson cracker, and the only way to get into the back straight was to to enter the stadium via the turnstyle and leave the stadium and enter around the back.

It is a shame though as there is a large terrace on the back straight, and with the weather been nice it would be nice to stand there, and would for me bring back some very fond memories of my childhood.

Viewing is good most places at Owlerton. Shame they took the seats out on the home straight and its not very steep here so in a large crowd if you are not very tall this could be a bit of a problem. Dont know if there's a prediction thread elsewhere or its been done to death earlier in this thread but my prediction is 1st Kevin Doolan, 2nd Ulrich Ostergaard, 3rd Tai Woffinden, 4th Andre Compton or Jason Doyle But Good Luck to Andre and i hope its a meeting fit to grace the quality line up. Personally i think its the best and most open for several years.

P.S Meant to say you get a great impression of speed of the riders going into the 3rd bend standing on the 3rd-4th bend terracing. Loud under here too.

Edited by Down in the Park