British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jktc666

Pride Of The East - King's Lynn

Alas won't be there tonight as right knee has swollen up to 4x the size of my left one! Flipping arthritis!

My sympathy goes out to you old mate. Mrs Morosely has suffered big time with the same problem for the past 30 odd years, and I can see the sheer agony that she's in whilst cleaning MY car and MY shoes for me. Her most painful time is when I ask her to get up and hand me the module so that I can turn the TV over onto the sports channel, cos I just hate those soppy soaps that she watches. Hope you're soon feeling better.

I'd better go, because she's fallen over, so I'll have to go and get the old girl along the road to come and pick her up, as I don't have time with getting ready to go to speedway.

Toodle Pip

Mr Morosely from SUNNY Heacham.

Oh shut up moaning woman, I know you can't get up :angry:

Had rain earlier but weather has now cleared up and the sun is actually showing hos face :)

One change in Schramm replacing Zabik

see you later

Really looking forward to this meeting. I reckon you could make a good case for at least half the field to win it. Just what you want from an individual meeting.

Well done to Davey! More of the same at Foxhall tomorrow please.

Quality race to decide the winner, well done watt. Highly impressed by young Mr Ward, how do these young aussies turn up on these shores and manage to look so smooth and composed?

I have seen Darcy Ward several times this season and he is going to be a star.

Just got in, what a meeting, well done the KL promotion for getting in such a great line up at the NA tonight. And another wonderfullky attended POTE.

Meeting won by the pre-meeting favourite Davey Watt, well done lad. But great efforts from both home riders Dooly and Tom.

Troy looked unbeatable in his first 4 rides, only to have his colours lowered in a fantastic heat 19 when Tai eventually sprung to life, only for it to be too late to make the final.

Special mention must go to KL's first signing of 2009, Darcy Ward, we were told of his signing prior to the meeting starting. This would appear to be a major coup for the KL Stars in beating off numerous other clubs after this exciting 16 year old lad.

It's fair to say that every rider in the meeting gave of their best, and served up some great entertainment, well done to all. It was also very nice to see so many old KL favourites riding in the meeting, alongside the current ''fit'' members left in the KL team.

Forgot all about this with all the excitement going on surrounding the title destination . Not a good night for Shane i see . :shock:

I have seen Darcy Ward several times this season and he is going to be a star.

Dead right Steve, a confirmed Star for 2009 (and beyond hopefully) :lol:

Seriously though, he was excellent tonight. I posted on the first page of this thread that I didn't think he would be phased by being in that kind of company and he proved me right. Looks such a natural on the bike :approve: Stunning first and second bend to shoot round the outside of Schlein and Allen, not a bad pair of scalps to start with.

Really enjoyed the meeting and there were some excellent races with Watt's ride in the final probably the pick of them all. If Lynn do ever make a return to the EL, I would hope to see him in the side because he so obviously enjoys riding the track. Great races between the Lynn lads as well (Kev v TT and Kozza v Lambo) which had me worrying a bit considering all the injuries we already have. They sure pushed each other hard (but fair) and no favours were asked for or given.

Shame about Bridger withdrawing from the field as I think he would of been in the mix for a final place as well. His replacement (Jerran Hart) seemed to be struggling with his bikes. Same for Shane Parker who couldn't seem to get going until his last ride.

Edit - Should of also mentioned Tai's last ride. Quality, simple as!!!

Edited by ajh

Hope Kozza, Richard Sweetman and Simon are ok after their tumbles tonight, Kozza looked in a lot of pain and I understand he hurt his knee and lower back.

Think Sweetman is down to be our guest in the playoffs next week so our luck would dictate he's probably injured :o:(

Think they should all be ok for next week though. Fingers crossed.