British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jktc666

Pride Of The East - King's Lynn

Well, that was THE best meeting at the Norfolk Arena this season without dout. All most every heat was closely raced with some absolutely breathtaking overtaking.

What I will have to admit to though is how much last nights meeting has proved that the PL does our club / track no justice at all. Not one rider was backing out last night. (can't believe I'm about to say this) James Brundle even looked better and faster than I've ever seen him round our track and was even riding the boards :shock: .

Even if we went into the EL with only a half decent side we'd surely see more of that kind of racing than we do now with about 8 heats of 5-1's.

I've tasted it now, bring back the EL to the Norfolk Arena

definately got to go up but after next year then riders like jlo and darcy wil be ready

brundle would be a good signing on a 5 next year especially after he has ridden elite league

Great performance from Darcy, if he doesn't have the same kind of impact next year that Noddy and Tai had in their maiden PL seasons I will be surprised. They way he blasted away from Schlein and Allen and actually pulled away over the four laps was astonishing. Superb signing.

Is he that good ? :shock: Will he come in on a 3.00 or a 5.00 average ? Either way you could have got yourselves an exciting young talent .

Isn't Darcy Ward only about 17? What a rider he looks! :o

16 i believe

Isn't Darcy Ward only about 17? What a rider he looks! :o

I think he's 16, might be wrong though, but he won the Queensland under 16 championship in 2007.

Is he that good ? :shock: Will he come in on a 3.00 or a 5.00 average ? Either way you could have got yourselves an exciting young talent .

Would imagine he wil be on 5. Capable of putting at least 2 points onto that all being well.

For 16 years old he is very, very good. However as hard as it is us Lynn fans need to keep our feet on the ground. We need to let him develop at his own pace and not heap pressure on the boy.

Last night was the first meeting at NA this season i,ve not been ready to go home at heat 12 good close fast racing bring on 2009 with a Davey Watt led Kings Lyyn team, in the Elite League .

16 i believe

He is 16, and straight off 125 and 350cc speedway in OZ.

Won the last three Queensland Under 16 (125cc) championships and was top scorer in the Australian 350 Championship but got excluded in the final.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

a few pictures from PotE here

Last night was the first meeting at NA this season i,ve not been ready to go home at heat 12 good close fast racing bring on 2009 with a Davey Watt led Kings Lyyn team, in the Elite League .

davey would be first on my team sheet if we moved up to elite league and it was also nice to hear that he would find it hard to turn us down if he was offered the chance to ride for us

also to hear olly say the same was good too :lol:

Looked and sounds a great meeting and well done to Watty for winning it.

As for Darcy Ward...he is the best talent I have ever witnessed. He is 16 and he has beaten Schlein and Allen.

Not even Rickardsson, Mauger or Nielsen were beating riders of the calibre when they were that age were they.