1st Schlein 15pts

2nd Grieves 13

3rd Parker 12

4th Wright 11

5th Topinka 9

6th Stoney 9

Semi-Final; 1st Stoney 2nd Parker 3rd Topinka 4th Wright

Final 1st Grieves 2nd Schlein 3rd Stoney 4th Parker

Grieves made a great gate in the final and was gone. Schlein locked up slightly at the apex of 1st and 2nd bend to allow Stoney through but re-passed him later in the race.

Would give you more details but my old man has buggered aff with the prog.

Overall I thought it was a decent meeting, a bit better than usual with quite a bit of passing going on particularly in the first half of the meeting before the track began to slicken off.

Not a big fan of individual events , but this wasn't the worst i've ever seen . Couldn't honestly see anyone getting near Rory Schlein as he cruised to a 15 point maximum , but he made a poor gate in the final to hand James Grieves the initiative - and he took full advantage .

Scorers -

Rory Schlein 15 , James Grieves 13 , Shane Parker 12 , James Wright 11 , Carl Stonehewer 9 , Tomas Topinka 9 , Mikael Makovsky 9 , David Howe 8 , Robert Ksiezak 8 , Trent Leverington 7 , Lee Dicken 5 , Peter Juul 5 , Lee Smethills 3 , Mitchell Davey 2 , Adam McKinna 2 , T Sike 1 , J McBain 1

Semi-final - 1st Stonehewer 2nd Parker 3rd Topinka 4th Wright

Final - 1st Grieves 2nd Schlein 3rd Stonehewer 4th Parker

As i said Schlein was head and shoulders above everyone in the qualifying heats , but these days a 15 point maximum doesn't guarentee you victory and James Grieves was a popular winner among the Glasgow faithful . Quite pleased with the debut of Peter Juul who mixed it very well in this company .

Was Carl Stonehewer good?

He rode really well today . In his first race he made the gate against Grieves , who then got passed him on the 3rd lap .

Heat 2 Grieves , Stonehewer , Howe , Ksiezak

His next race he was 2nd to James Wright after a great 4 laps of speedway

Heat 7 Wright , Stonehewer , Smethills , Davey

He then finished 2nd to the impressive Schlein after missing the gate

Heat 12 Schlein , Stonehewer , Dicken , Topinka

He was out in the following heat in which he beat Shane Parker

Heat 13 Stonehewer , Parker , Leverington , Juul

Then in his final race he gated alongside Makovsky , who rode him out to the fence and he ran out of track and fell . The referee harshly excluded him .

Heat 18 Makovsky , McKinna , McBain , Stonehewer ( exc )

In the semi-final he comfortably beat Shane Parker for a 2nd time .

Semi-final Stonehewer , Parker , Topinka , Wright

And in the final he gated 2nd behind Grieves , but made a slight mistake on the 2nd bend of the 2nd lap to let Schlein through into 2nd place

Final Grieves , Schlein , Stonehewer , Parker

So on the whole 3rd place was a great effort in an event he has won 3 times in the past .

Was Carl Stonehewer good?

Stoney rode well today Nemo and was unlucky to be excluded in his final qualifying heat otherwise he would probably have scored 12 instead of 9. Yep he looked a wee bit more like the Stoney of old today, but as a three time winner he does enjoy the Classic :approve:

And the first change . Lee Smethills replaces Paul Cooper . Probably wont be the last .

Do you know if that was down to grasstrack commitments Paul sometimes has on Sundays or something else?

Do you know if that was down to grasstrack commitments Paul sometimes has on Sundays or something else?

Think it probably was

Not a big fan of individual events , but this wasn't the worst i've ever seen . Couldn't honestly see anyone getting near Rory Schlein as he cruised to a 15 point maximum , but he made a poor gate in the final to hand James Grieves the initiative - and he took full advantage .

Scorers -

Rory Schlein 15 , James Grieves 13 , Shane Parker 12 , James Wright 11 , Carl Stonehewer 9 , Tomas Topinka 9 , Mikael Makovsky 9 , David Howe 8 , Robert Ksiezak 8 , Trent Leverington 7 , Lee Dicken 5 , Peter Juul 5 , Lee Smethills 3 , Mitchell Davey 2 , Adam McKinna 2 , T Sike 1 , J McBain 1

Semi-final - 1st Stonehewer 2nd Parker 3rd Topinka 4th Wright

Final - 1st Grieves 2nd Schlein 3rd Stonehewer 4th Parker

As i said Schlein was head and shoulders above everyone in the qualifying heats , but these days a 15 point maximum doesn't guarentee you victory and James Grieves was a popular winner among the Glasgow faithful . Quite pleased with the debut of Peter Juul who mixed it very well in this company .

Peter Juul was quite good at Berwick last night,looks very professional and might be a shrewd signing for the Tigers.

Richard Halls non arrival was down to him not making it back in time from a meeting on the continent I believe, got to wonder why he was booked in the first place :unsure:

Richard Halls non arrival was down to him not making it back in time from a meeting on the continent I believe, got to wonder why he was booked in the first place :unsure:

Perhaps he said he could make it back but then couldn't be a***d to make the effort.

Perhaps he said he could make it back but then couldn't be a***d to make the effort.

That crossed my mind Tsumani, I would imagine if there was the slightest problem he wouldnt be busting a gut to get back.

Good effort Stoney was quite a few top riders there, you done Workington Proud again!

Well done

James Grieves seems to be having a great year from what ive seen /heard.

Was also gutted to have missed this one but a big well done to James Grieves.