British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Niclas

New Qualificationsystem In Speedway Grand Prix

This just seems a ploy to get the likes of Gollob, Adams and Hancock to say "sod this for a game of space invaders" and decide they don't want to bother any more. Once they've bowed out, the rules get changed back again, until the next time BSI and the FIM decide they need to get rid of some old stagers.

But the GP series will always encourage the creation of a cadre of riders ahead of everyone else. It's the nature of such competitions.

Yes.This is really old news.I did post this over a month ago.Poland and Sweden are a bit behind Germany :wink:

GP Revolution

You can add Gorican to 2010 also.

That would be good. Currently wearing my Hrvastka football top at this moment in time.

What do you think about this?

Well, I like it! No system is perfect but I can see lots of positives with this one. I think it is a good idea and on the right tracks.

:rolleyes::lol:

So let me get this right.....

Say for instance that Nicki and Jason get second and third next year then they go into a seeded bit of a GP challenge and say if it's a wet one off night and Crump falls or Nicki gets excluded and someone like Simon Gustafsson sneaks into the challenge and finds the meeting on his home track and qualifies into the GP.

Could that be a possibility?

So let me get this right...

If Nicki Pedersen phones me up and saying he's looking for a (32 year-old) protege, and he'll buy all my equipment for me and he'll teach me to ride and he can get me into the GP qualififers as he know the bloke that runs it and I ride in the GP qualifiers and I beat the likes of Adams, Crump and Gollob and the final is held on my home track that Nicki built in my back garden and I qualify into the GP.

Carlsberg don't make middle-aged-man-becomes-superstar-speedway-rider-overnight-fantasies, but if they did they'd be the best middle-aged-man-becomes-superstar-speedway-rider-overnight-fantasies in the World.

Er,is it the same people?"This forum" :blink: Do we all have the same opinion apart from you?We all speak as one?.

Isn't it what a forum is about?Some want one thing,some want something different.There are always some people who will moan about a change,but there are maybe 6 people so far out of uckknows.......5 or 6,000. :blink: You're getting as bad as Bryn, moaning about the moaners :wink:

Opps. Sorry. You're right.

So let me get this right.....

Say for instance that Nicki and Jason get second and third next year then they go into a seeded bit of a GP challenge and say if it's a wet one off night and Crump falls or Nicki gets excluded and someone like Simon Gustafsson sneaks into the challenge and finds the meeting on his home track and qualifies into the GP.

It comes down to what people want. 15 nominated rider so you can guarnetee getting 15 of the top 20 or so riders (there will always be some issue with some of the selected riders) or the possibility of a no hoper qualifying.

Personally, I think the current system works, give a few guys a chance without ruining the system and blocking out the guys who are obviously good enough.

If Nicki Pedersen phones me up and saying he's looking for a (32 year-old) protege, and he'll buy all my equipment for me and he'll teach me to ride and he can get me into the GP qualififers as he know the bloke that runs it and I ride in the GP qualifiers and I beat the likes of Adams, Crump and Gollob and the final is held on my home track that Nicki built in my back garden and I qualify into the GP.

Carlsberg don't make middle-aged-man-becomes-superstar-speedway-rider-overnight-fantasies, but if they did they'd be the best middle-aged-man-becomes-superstar-speedway-rider-overnight-fantasies in the World.

brilliant someone who takes the mick instead of moaning should keep me chuckling for days! yeah i know sad but at least i enjoy my speedway. wonder why some people on the forum follow it. or do they moan at life in general?

This just seems a ploy to get the likes of Gollob, Adams and Hancock to say "sod this for a game of space invaders" and decide they don't want to bother any more. Once they've bowed out, the rules get changed back again, until the next time BSI and the FIM decide they need to get rid of some old stagers.

But the GP series will always encourage the creation of a cadre of riders ahead of everyone else. It's the nature of such competitions.

Adams and Hancock maybe....The last thing they want is Tomek waving goodbye just now. There just isn't a credible contender for the Polish crowd without him at the moment.

Adams and Hancock maybe....The last thing they want is Tomek waving goodbye just now. There just isn't a credible contender for the Polish crowd without him at the moment.

Of course there is - Balinski. B)

Funniest post for ages, quality :lol:

I'd have said Gollob would be the most likely to decide he's had enough if they introduce this. But, then again, they can always give him one of the "nominations" in a case of reverse begging. However, I can't see him being too thrilled about a trip to Australia for a Grand Prix in November.

How's about the 2010 SGP qualifiers happening prior the the first SGP in 2010. 2 semis at the start of April, SGP challenge 2 weeks later, the first SGP 2010 the last weekend in April ??

Thats putting 64 riders to compete for the biggest prize of the year while they are still out of their sorts after the winter. OR they all could spend the winter in OZ practising and spending 10k a month on living and bikes. Would bump up the cost of the sport a bit?

The basic fault I see with the current system is that it measures the riders capability to perform in the GP the year before. Then again I just wrote that it wouldn't be a good move to do it before the season either :blink: ?!

Also making the season even longer will keep the young and coming riders even further at the back and out of the series, since topflight speedway isn't really making the money for the riders it should when compared to the cost involved.

Edited by f-s-p

How's about the 2010 SGP qualifiers happening prior the the first SGP in 2010. 2 semis at the start of April, SGP challenge 2 weeks later, the first SGP 2010 the last weekend in April ??

Well i think the riders who qualifies would like more then a few weeks to find new sponsors sincr riding in the GP isn't especially cheap and to adjust their team for GP riding.

Perfect time to cut down the number of GPs then cos if it's qualifiers and then 11 or 12 GPs!! zzzzzzz

The qualifiers will be the best meetings anyways. Come on FIM cut em down to 8 or less!!

Well i think the riders who qualifies would like more then a few weeks to find new sponsors sincr riding in the GP isn't especially cheap and to adjust their team for GP riding.

What you mean like, no sponsors, make a loss? ha

Edited by Trees