British Speedway Forum

The strange thing is that other than being damn cold down here just after Christmas, I cannot remember the last time after the Christmas and New Year Festivities that is has been raining :unsure:

I always go into work in the office during the three days between Christmas and New Year (mainly to catch up with filing, clearing emails etc) and we get Pizza's at lunchtime (yippee) and for the past few years it has always been dry.

I am sure if Shaz joins in this debate she will say that when she came down here for New Year a couple of years ago how nice it was, sunny if somewhat crisp in the air but dry!

Edited by SuzieQ

But you know, as well as many others, that there was no way that Newport could have run this meeting in January. They haven't got through probate and they haven't got a promoter in place as yet. To think this is going to happen in the next month, the promoter becomes ratified with the BSPA and everything woould have been ready for the 4th January is not a realistic goal.

Totally inaccurate as normal............and yes, I do know that for a fact.

Totally inaccurate as normal............and yes, I do know that for a fact.

Really Kev?

So they have found someone that is prepared to stump up this ridiculous rent that is now being asked by the land owners?

But this is all by the by now! Poole as has been stated put in an application by the date stated by the BSPA and were the only promotion to do so and have been granted the license to run the meeting in January!

I am sure you would love to come down here and have a New Year Coffee prior to popping along to the stadium for a cold Sunday afternoon meeting wouldn't you? :wink:

Really Kev?

So they have found someone that is prepared to stump up this ridiculous rent that is now being asked by the land owners?

But this is all by the by now! Poole as has been stated put in an application by the date stated by the BSPA and were the only promotion to do so and have been granted the license to run the meeting in January!

I am sure you would love to come down here and have a New Year Coffee prior to popping along to the stadium for a cold Sunday afternoon meeting wouldn't you? :wink:

Yes, really Sue!!!

I would hope that any New Year coffee would include a mince pie at that time of the year? :wink:

You never know, I may be tempted. :unsure::lol:

Really Kev?

Newport don't currently have a promoter, and by the sound of it with the huge rent increase won't have a club in 2009 unless something dramatic happens ( and which I hope can be sorted out)

so how KevH thinks Newport could run the NYC in January beggers belief. On second thoughts he probably believes that's the case.

Steve, you have no idea of the situation at Newport and yet again ignore the fact that there was a Promotion willing to run the Classic.

The rent increase may not help matters but nor will the loss of guaranteed income - you do like to use the parts of a story that fit your argument don't you!

Thanks for your support Vince, but you're wasting your time with him. :rolleyes:

He knows best and only his opinion counts.....I really don't know why they don't close this forum and get him to start a blog. :rolleyes:

Steve, you have no idea of the situation at Newport and yet again ignore the fact that there was a Promotion willing to run the Classic.

The rent increase may not help matters but nor will the loss of guaranteed income - you do like to use the parts of a story that fit your argument don't you!

The NYC income was needed to help the relaunch of the Wasps,but as long as Poole are ok......that`sfine.

The NYC income was needed to help the relaunch of the Wasps,but as long as Poole are ok......that`sfine.

Well if newport could have held it, then why are they letting poole stage a meeting?? :unsure:

Well if newport could have held it, then why are they letting poole stage a meeting?? :unsure:

Because Lisa when the tender was put out for the January meeting the future of Newport was still in doubt.

I am not a great supporter of a meeting being at Poole. Not because its Poole but because Newport IS a Premier club - slightly rough at the seems and an up front, stand by the fence touch and feel meeting (shale in hair etc).

Pooles meeting will be yet another manicured event where polite applause and over paid, over rated riders will be attending.

That is not a dig at Poole, that is how they wish a January meeting to be held but I dont think its for me.

Newports New year Classic is unique and in a way I am pleased Matt Ford is not trying to copy it. No one should - its a newport meeting and cannot be copied.

I am sad it wont be happening this year but I pray to god it will be back in 2010.

From a financial position I am sure the lost income from the classic can be made very easily in a special memorial meeting as a first of the season fixture in Tims memory.

This bitching is quite upsetting really when you think back to how it has all come about.

Poole have a meeting this year and so long as he doesnt try and block Newport in 2010 then I think it should rest there.

Because Lisa when the tender was put out for the January meeting the future of Newport was still in doubt.

I am not a great supporter of a meeting being at Poole. Not because its Poole but because Newport IS a Premier club - slightly rough at the seems and an up front, stand by the fence touch and feel meeting (shale in hair etc).

Pooles meeting will be yet another manicured event where polite applause and over paid, over rated riders will be attending.

That is not a dig at Poole, that is how they wish a January meeting to be held but I dont think its for me.

Newports New year Classic is unique and in a way I am pleased Matt Ford is not trying to copy it. No one should - its a newport meeting and cannot be copied.

I am sad it wont be happening this year but I pray to god it will be back in 2010.

From a financial position I am sure the lost income from the classic can be made very easily in a special memorial meeting as a first of the season fixture in Tims memory.

This bitching is quite upsetting really when you think back to how it has all come about.

Poole have a meeting this year and so long as he doesnt try and block Newport in 2010 then I think it should rest there.

Cheers Sandie, sometimes its hard to know what the facts are when people are saying different things!!

Who are these "Over paid over rated riders" then?

Who are these "Over paid over rated riders" then?

Nicki Pedersen :rolleyes::lol::P

Nicki Pedersen :rolleyes::lol::P

Are you following me?! :lol:

Are you following me?! :lol:

:lol:

I`ve nothing better to do :lol: