British Speedway Forum

Dont forget that Hans had as much as Greg riding on the final GP and they were just 2 riders who were not happy at the switch.

Fair play to Tomasz in taking full advantage of the situation but I cant help feel that most of the speedway world was cheated out of a fair outcome to the series and the super prix.

:approve::approve::lol:

As for your first point - again, what or who - are you on about?

Wot...: you seriously can't recall an ocassion when Greg Hancok was passed by a 'home' rider on the final bend of a GP final heat..??

Where have you been..: the moon..??!! :rolleyes:

Wot...: you seriously can't recall an ocassion when Greg Hancok was passed by a 'home' rider on the final bend of a GP final heat..??

Where have you been..: the moon..??!! :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Not to mention having in "front" of him, someone seemingly unwilling to do what would normally be the case to stop an opponent past.... :shock:

Maybe, THAT was evidence that Mr. Hancock has given up any ambition actually of winning the World Championships - though I do take the point that, remarkably, he remains firmly a top 4 or 5 rider in this so-called championship series... :neutral:

So we were supposed to guess that this comment was referring to Cardiff 2007?

Do you seriously think Hancock deliberately allowed Harris through?

Must be nice in your world.

Dont forget that Hans had as much as Greg riding on the final GP and they were just 2 riders who were not happy at the switch.

Fair play to Tomasz in taking full advantage of the situation but I cant help feel that most of the speedway world was cheated out of a fair outcome to the series and the super prix.

Not to mentiion

Jason Crump, who was not happy that the GP went to Tomasz' home track, especially since there had already been one at the same track only a month previously - and I can see his point.

Whats this "Monster" drink that people are talking about ? I must be the only person who has never heard about it . . .

Its guaranteed to put a grin on your face... but the taste is very sweet and sickly .

Memories of Bill Shakespeare are aroused, Bunny.

Could this, perhaps, be a modern application of the evil a man does living on after him and the good being interred with his bones?

Ron. :wink:

How very like you to "caeser" opportunity for a literary laugh, Ron. :approve:

Maybe you'd like to have a stab at another one? :lol:

although im sure he was certainly annoyed by the german gp becoming the bydgoczsz gp mk2 I dont think that was the only thing..........

one thing not mentioned in this thread so far is that he said in the post gp interviews, when asked about next year, " we'll have to see ..... there are big things happening in the background" ...... or words to that effect

this follows on from a spat between Pedersen and Olsen which what I consider to be as convincing as WWE...... but maybe i'm wrong about that???......................... It also follows on about the Oz GP announcement.................. and lets not forget the widely held opinion that the cancellation of the German GP was always intended........ if anyone is going to know this for sure it will be one of the riders.

So what could the 'big things happening in the background' be?

Is it a case of the riders grouping together to make something happen again?.............. I really wouldnt be suprised as this is the usual way that things happen and I think Greg is too humble to describe actions made solely by himself as 'big things'

Is it to try to get rid of Ole? .............. well that would suit me but I fear the mistakes that would be made in the following season by his replacement(s)

Is it with IMG? ............. presumably this would be about the german and Oz GP's...................... perhaps it is about lost costs in Germany? Or is about what will be lost costs and lost pre season time in Oz?

tbh I doubt we will hear anymore about this and the whatever it is the riders will either get their way or get a sweetener..... but my ears certainly picked up when he said it

Is it a case of the riders grouping together to make something happen again?

Could be anything. The ousting of BSI by IMG from the organisation of the SGP, a rider takeover (although unlikely due to the long-term contract between the FIM and IMG/BSI), the Poles finally getting peed off with the SGP since the staging of their Golden Helmet meeting was ruined?

The only realistic way for BSI to be ousted completely though, would be for the main speedway countries to withdraw their riders from the SGP (by insisting they sign exclusive contracts) , and effectively leave it a worthless shell. Can't see the riders being able to do that by themselves.

Could be anything. The ousting of BSI by IMG from the organisation of the SGP, a rider takeover (although unlikely due to the long-term contract between the FIM and IMG/BSI), the Poles finally getting peed off with the SGP since the staging of their Golden Helmet meeting was ruined?

The only realistic way for BSI to be ousted completely though, would be for the main speedway countries to withdraw their riders from the SGP (by insisting they sign exclusive contracts) , and effectively leave it a worthless shell. Can't see the riders being able to do that by themselves.

I would have thought they might want more input.I think the riders were pretty peeved that they weren't consulted at all really in the chaos of the Gelsenkirchen GP.They were just told "the meeting is off and it will be held in Bydgoszcz".I can imagine they will try and make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen again without consultation.How they go about trying to do that i don't know.Do they threaten a strike?I imagine they are also pretty peeved at some of the tracks that have been produced.And going by what Nicki and Jason were heard to say to Ole at the recent Vojens meeting and some of the reactions from Gollob for instance i wouldn't be surprised if discussions on this subject are not on the agenda as well

They were just told "the meeting is off and it will be held in Bydgoszcz".I can imagine they will try and make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen again without consultation.

I don't know how consultation would have helped in the case of Gelsenkirchen. The meeting was called off and had to be re-arranged somewhere where dry shale could be found at short notice. ;)

I can well imagine the anger of the riders at the incompetence of the organisers, and how it played into one rider in particular's hands, but I honestly can't see what else could have been done in the circumstances.

Do they threaten a strike?

Difficult because they can simply be replaced with another 16 riders.

I don't know how consultation would have helped in the case of Gelsenkirchen. The meeting was called off and had to be re-arranged somewhere where dry shale could be found at short notice. ;)

I can well imagine the anger of the riders at the incompetence of the organisers, and how it played into one rider in particular's hands, but I honestly can't see what else could have been done in the circumstances.

No we can't know what else could have been done.But,the riders all have connections at various clubs.They might know there were alternatives to Bydgoszcz. :unsure:

Difficult because they can simply be replaced with another 16 riders.

:blink:

Fans and tv would be over the moon to see a GP with Ferjan,Ruud,Swiderski,Smolinski............Behave Humph :wink:

BSI could have tried a bit harder looking for an alternative track to Bydgoszcz - how about Norden, Coventry, Pardabice or anyware that has the correct FIM approval?

It seems too much of a co-incidence that all of the track's 'top brass' were in Germany and is it normal for the insurance assessors to be walking round on Friday morning?