British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Haza

Telford 2009

And yet, we still won more than Lakeside, so can't be all that bad :D :D

oi - this is our fight - dont get in between us!!!! :mad::wink:

And yet, we still won more than Lakeside, so can't be all that bad :D :D

I've checked and I've double checked, yet I still can't find Coventry's name on any of the three major competitions, i.e. the EL, the KO Cup or the ELRC......did you win the Midland Shield or something then? :shock:;)

I've checked and I've double checked, yet I still can't find Coventry's name on any of the three major competitions, i.e. the EL, the KO Cup or the ELRC......did you win the Midland Shield or something then? :shock:;)

Changed my mind Silver Bee - ATTACK BOY!!! :P

Yes - I know there is the Poole meeting but it doesnt float my boat at the moment (personal choice) - I prefer a winter season made up of lower order riders and some fun. I may be wrong but I just imagine the Poole meeting being a - pay your money, sit in your seat, watch the meeting and go home again sort of meeting'.

Like the majority of normal speedway supporters do !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there not a Circus you could attend? where you would feel more at home :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by andy james

I've had a quick peek too, and I can't find Lakesides name on ANY competition, major or non major :oops::wink:

Telford is always a worrying time for me . . . .injuries before the season!!

Just for interest:

Central News TV have just shown the Telford meeting on TV and said it wont be there this year due to major refurbishment at the ice rink.

They said that things should be back to normal in 2010! :lol:

Just for interest:

Central News TV have just shown the Telford meeting on TV and said it wont be there this year due to major refurbishment at the ice rink.

They said that things should be back to normal in 2010! :lol:

Sandie's post confirmed in today's Press Release:-

TELFORD Ice Speedway chiefs have reluctantly pulled the plug on their plans for February’s big event.

And that spells the end of 23 consecutive shows at the Telford Ice Rink… but both Graham Drury and Ian Thomas have vowed to return for the 25th anniversary in 2010.

A massive upgrade of plant machinery within the venue threw the event into doubt – and Drury has revealed how there is no 100% guarantee the rink will be available for the roar of the bikes in February.

He said: “We have a wonderful relationship with the management at Telford Ice Rink and they have told us it’s only 80% likely the upgrade work will be completed.

“If we were to press ahead with the Speedway it would be a big gamble. Over the years we have developed a great reputation for entertainment and there is no way we would jeapordise that.

“So it is with great reluctance that Telford 2009 will not be going ahead, but it must be emphasised that we will be back in February 2010 for our 25th anniversary meetings. That will be some occasion.

“I felt a statement was necessary because a lot of fans plan their weekend around Telford and many stay overnight in hotels throughout the area. I apologise to all those who are disappointed and look forward to welcoming everyone back in 2010.”

ATB

Dave

Sandie's post confirmed in today's Press Release:-

TELFORD Ice Speedway chiefs have reluctantly pulled the plug on their plans for February’s big event.

And that spells the end of 23 consecutive shows at the Telford Ice Rink… but both Graham Drury and Ian Thomas have vowed to return for the 25th anniversary in 2010.

Telford's comeback looks questionable with King's Lynn intimating, '...in February we will be hosting an individual meeting...', in their programme on Wednesday night.

i have it on very good authority that there will be no telford in 2010 i was told this weks ago on the the 5th of september.

would like to see it back at some point but only time will tell.