British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

British Gp Starts 5pm

Think it's great . Trying to kill time on the Saturday , whilst trying to stay out the pubs , aint easy . Gives us plenty of time for a good night after the event .

Think it's great . Trying to kill time on the Saturday , whilst trying to stay out the pubs , aint easy . Gives us plenty of time for a good night after the event .

AGREED :approve:

Very handy with a 4 hour drive home afterwards, although will be an early start to get to cardiff a few hours before the start now. I assume the gates will open about half 3 now :unsure:

What the hell did people do before then? :blink:

Not go!!! Oh and you have my name in the quote box but it was a BSI quote!!!

old news if ya in the know :lol:

smug g*t!!!!!! :lol::wink:

Oh my dad will be very pleased when i tell him. Every year i have to put up with him moaning about why can't they start it earlier than 7pm. I'll have a bit of peace and quiet now!!

This is great news for people thinking of going by train. The last train back to London is around 10pm so this is now a viable option.

It's only 2 hours and 2 minutes as well, i'm doing this journey on Wednesday for work so will see how easy it is and report back for those interested. we should get some group discounts going, if you book early enough then it can be pretty cheap-just have to find the right deals in the ticketing mire :blink:

old news if ya in the know :lol:

You can definitely buy me that beer now. :wink:

You can definitely buy me that beer now. :wink:

[/quote

I best get saving now then :lol:

Also Paul means less time spent in the pub, means less chance tripping over kerbs. :wink:

The schedule doesn't go far enoguh yet, but as far as I can tell it just gives people time to head back up to my neck of the woods. Last train just before 9pm.

And the reason being?

They aint sold many tickets and are worried that no one will by tickets without a hotel and we know how much they are may be they may cancel the Cardiff GP lets face it with the economic crisis at the moment can people afford to by tickets they reckon thats the real reason that they called off the German GP lack of ticket sales

Makes it more awkward for those having to travel any great distance as now instead of a hotel on the Saturday night, they need to have one on the Friday night instead!

On our normal GP trip to Cardiff, we would only be arriving at 3.30 - 4pm and that was with leaving earlyish in the morning...mind you, we had already booked for Friday as well as Saturday for next year anyway as we had become sick and tired of rushing about trying to see everyone before the GP started or worrying about any traffic hold ups along the way.

Edited by crazysue