British Speedway Forum

He most certainly is!!!!!

...oh

...... you didn't mean in that way :wink:

heh heh heh x

Dirty girl... :wink:

I don't think Nicholls should even be considered for Team GB. he turned his back on the EL, we should not give him the opportunity of representing his country if he can't be arsed to ride over here.

Rather use Bridger, Tai, Eddie, Harris, Richardson. At least they race in this country.

I agree about Nicholls cant see why he should have a place in the British final either if he is down to ride.

Good climax to the G P tonight saw Sajfuidinov in last years U21 in Pardubice he looked awsome then suprise to see the seating on the back straight at Marketa and looking rather sparse.

Edited by zlata prilba

Dirty girl... :wink:

.. given half the chance!! :oops::wink: :wink:

well done and congratulations too Emil Sayfutdinov for a fantastic win....never saw it on TV but the clips i've seen hes highly impressive

be interesting too see Darcy Ward in the GP in two years time :rolleyes::lol:

Some of the Elite exiles certainly struggled tonight, none more than Hans and Scotty. Okay so they have not had much racing yet but wasn't that the whole deal - less racing and more time for the GP? All gone badly wrong so what is Plan C Scott?

Some of the Elite exiles certainly struggled tonight, none more than Hans and Scotty. Okay so they have not had much racing yet but wasn't that the whole deal - less racing and more time for the GP? All gone badly wrong so what is Plan C Scott?

I went through that thought too..but how do you explain NP, AJ and Crumpies form..so it doesn't really add up...Bomber is riding here.. :rolleyes: no excuse there...Leigh Adams and Freddie ride here too... :blink:

I don't think Nicholls should even be considered for Team GB. he turned his back on the EL, we should not give him the opportunity of representing his country if he can't be arsed to ride over here.

Rather use Bridger, Tai, Eddie, Harris, Richardson. At least they race in this country.

sorry but that is nonsense

we had no issues in using Gazza, David Platt, Mcmanaman, Beckham, Hargreaves, Owen, Ince etc etc for the England football team........ if there some strange set of politics here that should make riders press ganged out of their freedom of choice?.......... I mean we arent talking about him taking a Swedish license or anything are we?

As far as if his gating is too pants for the competition is a different matter entirely though

its almost a shame that Emil did what he did tonight as it saved one of the most dire GP's from becoming enough of an embarrasment as to blow up in the face of the genius who decided a slick track at Prague was a good idea

when is someone finally going to do something about Ole Olsen? This guy has single handidly been trying to rob the highest level of the sport of all of its very best and exciting points.............. we've all seen tracks with too much grip and the potential ill effects of them but it was beyond a joke a very long time ago how many slick tracks are being served up on what are the world's finest tracks

as a result i'm not sure we learned too much about the season ahead tonight other than Emil is not happy to take things slowly .... is very exciting... but is also going to come a cropper as a result................ and that Freddie could be joining the big boys at the head of the table..............

what was a closed shop in the top 7 looks to have been blown wide open

Spot on there spook, Olsen tracks are a disgrace time and again. I can't remember the last time I didn't hear a rider say that the track was totally different to practice! It also seems that the big tracks are ultra slick, making for poor racing. Was pleased for Emil tonight but on the whole I didn't think much of the GP as a spectacle.

On the Nicholls/GB issue, I don't get the whole 'he turned his back on Britain' thing at all.

It doesn't matter where he decides to ply his trade, thats his choice for his reasons. He should be in the British championship because he's British. The idea of the competition is to decide who is the best British rider, not the best British rider who rides over here.

If the guy feels that missing the Elite will help his chances in the GP and help him to see more of his family then thats his choice. Every one of us has the freedom to decide whats best for us or our careers/family, why should he be any different?

We go to watch speedway, we pay our admission to see the riders race hard on the night. I think it's fair to say that he always raced hard in the Elite for whoever he was riding for. He doesn't owe us anything.

This is strange...................I find myself agreeing with SS

Didnt take long for the Nicholls bashers to get out the knifes.

On slick tracks if your not gating your not going to score.Your riding against the best riders on equal equipment.

I think Scotty is a racer and give him a track that he can race on and we will see, i for one hope he rubs your noses in it and im an Aussie.

Chopper

What a meeting from Emil Sayfutdinov (not sure on the spelling) i was looking forward to seeing this lad ride after hearing things about him and he didnt dissapoint one bit, really cant wait for Cardiff now to see him in action. :approve:

Scott Nicholls- No doubt his GP performance will be talked about alot, But i think hes done all he can in the series and this will certainly be his last year, Although i do hope he proves me wrong i wish him luck.

What has Happened to Jason Crumps attitude...? :shock: hes like Mr. nice guy now and although he is riding well seems to have lost the fight in him which shows in interviews....!

Didnt take long for the Nicholls bashers to get out the knifes.

On slick tracks if your not gating your not going to score.Your riding against the best riders on equal equipment.

I think Scotty is a racer and give him a track that he can race on and we will see, i for one hope he rubs your noses in it and im an Aussie.

Chopper

agreed don't think you can judge scott's suitability or otherwise for team gb based on one slick track versus riders who he has never been able to gate like. unfortunately he is still the best we have got. nicholls, bridger, woffinden, barker, harris, kennett not such a bad line up.

Its early days , but could we be looking at a G P 2010 with no English riders

Doesn't the British Champ get a wild card? Oh, and does the British Champ have to be English?