British Speedway Forum

On the question of track prep. it has to be said that this meeting was not organised by the Lakeside promotion but SGB so the scheduling and late running of the afternnon practice was not due to poor organisation by Jon cook/ Stuart Douglas. Part of the problem was that even if the meeting had

run to time there was very limited time to prepare the track after practice. From a track preparation point of view practice should have been much earlier but that is not what the organisers decided.

The hole in bends 1&2 occurred because the track surface was yery badly damaged as a result of the Lee Smart /Josh Auty crash in heat 5 then got worse as riders were just sticking their rear wheels in the rut caused by the crash, which worked an advantage at first. The eventual hole was unavoidable.

The track was graded eevery 4 heats because certains riders get back-to-back rides in heats 4/5, 8/9, 12/13, and 16/17 so the riders are given a short break to prepare their machine and naturally the track is graded in a break that would occur anyway. This is the programme scheduling, not the decision of the track curator. You will find that tonights GP is exaclty the same.

Incidently there was one rider thay did not practice at all and he just happened to go through the meeting unbeaten!

yeah....I got told that riders were struggling during practice with the 3/4th bend, even the better off the riders were falling off. Was an awful track, so cant say im suprised.

This meeting definately needs to be moved to another venue, Lakeside have had it for two years now and both times its dragged on and on, our standard league meetings are no better in that respect, there is never any urgency about this place even when the weather is closing in, only wish i could have that much of a laid back attitude to life.

Unacceptable to make people stand in the cold for over 3 hours in this day and age and with nothing going on much of the time, at least if it was held at Peterborough,Poole or Coventry the fans could sit down.

I was fround upon when i came out and said i thought our stadium was a dump on the Arena forum, but it is what is is and you have to take it or leave it, either way its not fit for the purpose of staging marathons such as this.

Well I still enjoyed the meeting but whether that was from not having the children, the beer or something else, I have no idea!

For once, I wasn't cold..it wasn't exactly freezing last night, mind you, it could have been the alcohol insulating me!

good to see some of unexpected riders scoring points, josh auty, kyle hughes etc.

bridger might have a point to prove this year so see how he go's in the british final :unsure:

good to see some of unexpected riders scoring points, josh auty, kyle hughes etc.

bridger might have a point to prove this year so see how he go's in the british final :unsure:

:blink:

Well I still enjoyed the meeting but whether that was from not having the children, the beer or something else, I have no idea!

For once, I wasn't cold..it wasn't exactly freezing last night, mind you, it could have been the alcohol insulating me!

Must have been the alcohol!! I was absolutely freezing after heat4 it was warmer at the playoff final there last year!

The brainless dwarf rode to form in the meeting. Wild in the extreme and made himself look a complete plonker in the final. Barker off one tried to take Bridger off four out to the m25, but was so determined to stuff Bridger he turned to late and hit the fence, while Bridger made the cut back. Priceless. The kid has no brain.

Who are you describing as a dwarf? If it's Joe haines he's technically a Gnome as he lives in the front garden of Haines Towers.

If it's Ben Barker then the technical word for him would have me banned from here but pictures can be seen in Razzle & other top shelf publications!!!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/20763...104461759mxdoUC

Really not all that good. Bridger and Woffinden was a good race until Woffinden dropped iut on the horrendous turn 2. What on earth was wrong after therew? Rider after rider were hiting some sort of patch and either falling or as good as stopping.

Ben against Bridger would have been interesting, had Ben actually made it past the 2nd turn in both of them.

Track wasn't good at all, slick and as I said, turn 2 was awful. It was freezing cold and it dragged on and on.

Well done to Lewis who was absolutely magnificent. Tai got lucky to first get through to the semi, and secondly to get through from that. Rob Mear was quicker than him but got caught on bend 2 while second to let him through.

Also a good nights work from Joe, don't know if the final might have been different had he not blown his best bike up?? Always a pleasure watching him race so glad he came through for a decent finish.

Not a huge deal to say except for a huge deal of falls and mistakes made the whole thing rather disappointing.

Does this now mean we maybe able to watch Sky now without having to hear Tai Woffinden name mentioned every 5 seconds :rolleyes:

I think things are looking good for british Speedway in the next few years with Bridger Woffinden Barker Mear Ect

Well Done Lewis :approve:

Edited by wessexboy

Lewis was the worthy winner of a pretty poor meeting. I find there are so many little things that let these Super Seven events down - apart from the obvious. Last night's programme, for instance, had several articles by different people all saying the same thing - "British speedway is in the poop but these lads can get us out of it, bla bla bla..." but nowhere could I find the qualification criteria for the next stage of the World U21 championship. I also thought it was a pity that the Super Seven girls couldn't stand for the National Anthem. Perhaps they're foreign...or just tired - they don't look as if they eat much.

I also thought it was a pity that the Super Seven girls couldn't stand for the National Anthem. Perhaps they're foreign...or just tired - they don't look as if they eat much.

For you information we are ALL british and proud. We sat down because it was freezing! i'd like to see you in that catsuit and heels in that weather for over 4hours!

I have no idea who you think you are but your comment was completely out of order.

For you information we are ALL british and proud. We sat down because it was freezing! i'd like to see you in that catsuit and heels in that weather for over 4hours!

I have no idea who you think you are but your comment was completely out of order.

With respect Angel Eye's it shouldnt matter how cold you are.

I was always bought up to respect our National Anthem. Stand up and remove your hat.

And in fact, this should be done to respect any National Anthem.

Maybe the Super Sevens committee should think about this for the future.

Maybe they shold be giving you coat /jackets etc.

Not sure how old you all are but maybe there is almost a case for child protetion if you were that cold you couldnt stand fo the National Anthem.

With respect Angel Eye's it shouldnt matter how cold you are.

I was always bought up to respect our National Anthem. Stand up and remove your hat.

And in fact, this should be done to respect any National Anthem.

Maybe the Super Sevens committee should think about this for the future.

Maybe they shold be giving you coat /jackets etc.

Not sure how old you all are but maybe there is almost a case for child protetion if you were that cold you couldnt stand fo the National Anthem.

As representatives of Super Sevens even more reason. to stand I'd have thought :rolleyes:

So the original comment wasn't out of order..

Edited by Jacques