British Speedway Forum
paul84

Entertainment At Cardiff 09

So, in 2004 we had Tony Hadley & Javine

2005- Bjorn Again

2006- Bonnie Tyler and Tony Christie?

2007- X Factor and.... ?

2008- Belinda Carlisle and Chas n Dave?

And the person responsible for that lot has still got a job? Some local pub venues do better than that. Maybe its the local pubs who arrange it. Keeps everyone outside until the last minute. At least that would explain such shocking lineups.

Edited by srbramble

Maybe the pre-meeting entertainment should be Scott Nicholls vs the Under 15's this year... I know who i'd have my money on! :rolleyes:

i would book the best jewish country and western band in the land...HANK COHEN AND THE FOUR SKINS.Saw them live last week,absolutely tremendous.One on drums four on cash registers.

Call me old fashioned, but some passing would be sufficient entertainment for me :wink:

And the person responsible for that lot has still got a job? Some local pub venues do better than that. Maybe its the local pubs who arrange it. Keeps everyone outside until the last minute. At least that would explain such shocking lineups.
You do realise Cardiff is a speedway meeting? So the pre-meeting entertainment is an extra and not really what people go for?

I've just been reading Jeff Scott's " Shifting Shale" & it appears that BSI used a "Queen Tribute" band at their leg of the 2006 play off final at Reading

The book gives the very honest impression that the band we're utter pish & couldn't even sing in tune.

Please don't tell me BSI have brought these Goons back.

Please don't tell me BSI have brought these Goons back.

I couldn't care less. Not seen any entertainment in all my trips to Cardiff. Pubs are cheaper than the stadium :wink:

I couldn't care less. Not seen any entertainment in all my trips to Cardiff. Pubs are cheaper than the stadium :wink:

That's true enough squall, if it is the very same i'll certainly be staying out of the stadium as long as possible, the earlier start makes that much easier.

That's true enough squall, if it is the very same i'll certainly be staying out of the stadium as long as possible, the earlier start makes that much easier.

Knowing me I'll get that sozzled I'll forget the earlier start and stagger towards the stadium at 6.55pm :rolleyes:

I've just been reading Jeff Scott's " Shifting Shale" & it appears that BSI used a "Queen Tribute" band at their leg of the 2006 play off final at Reading

The book gives the very honest impression that the band we're utter pish & couldn't even sing in tune.Please don't tell me BSI have brought these Goons back.

They werent even that good !

So, in 2004 we had Tony Hadley & Javine

2005- Bjorn Again

2006- Bonnie Tyler and Tony Christie?

2007- X Factor and.... ?

2008- Belinda Carlisle and Chas n Dave?

Where's Suzi Quattro and Edwin Starr??

X Factor finalists were with Chas and Dave, not Belinda Carlisle :wink:

Nevsy ....... was it really 2004 that seems like forever ago :unsure:

Today`s Speedway star advert lists the band as Killer Queen-iv`e seen them and they are really good.The punters wont be dissapointed.

The ones that aren't still in the pub you mean :wink: They'll have to shout " Scaramouche , Scaramouche will you do the fandango " pretty loud for me to hear them . :lol:

Nevsy ....... was it really 2004 that seems like forever ago :unsure:

You screeching Gold in me ear from a few seats away and Tony Hadley???

Looks that way Shazzy..... :P:unsure:

If I remember rightly False Dawn group booked a set amount of seats for the BSF lot and we all sent him the money!-Must admit don't seem that many years ago!--What year were those bleeding annoying ant things on stilts???

152406589UgMnrM_th.jpg

Edited by Nevs