British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geeze

Is Scotty Really Good Enough For The Sgp

Terrible performance from our 'number 1'... At least Chris looked like he was going for it most of the time. Absolutely nothing good from Scott all night.... I fear we are going to go into Cardiff waiting for our first British heat winner yet again!... Bring on Richardson/Woffinden/Bridger/Whoever to give us something to cheer about in Cardiff!

Time for the Global Superstar to step aside and let the first reserve (Niels-Kristian Iversen) at least put on a show! As I said in an earlier post, numerous riders deserve a place over Scott and Chris!

Scott was in absolutely terrible form tonight & is in desperate need of more track time.

I could've predicted this when the announcement was made last year.

"In need of more track time"... therefore its of his own doing! I'm not anti-Scott, but it is very sweet to see the British number 1 who turned his back struggling due to a lack of track time. But deep down I don't really think he'd be doing alot more if he was in the elite, he's just not good enough on the continent. unlike Richardson who as far as i know has good form in Sweden/Poland!

There is nothing you can say really..apart from..there's time yet... :lol::rolleyes:

Yep he has a whole three weeks to opt out of the series and save us all more embarassment.

I am and always be a supporter of Scott, he was a Coventry rider and he is British, so I will support my home riders. My loyalty will never change in that respect, if he performs badly or not.

Tonight was not just embarrassing, but shameful :( . I had my head buried in a cushion every time he rode...

1 point from five rides...:oops:

There is nothing you can say really..apart from..there's time yet... :lol::rolleyes:

im with you jacques he is british and worth supporting

time for what ??as he gets older quicker?!!all i can say is i would rather of seen Balinski in the meeting as he would of contributed to the racing

i could of beat him 2nite on one of those polish sauages he was that bad.

He gave up British league racing to improve his performances on the GP circuit. Looks as though it's made little, if any, difference.

Form your own conclusions!

i definitely thinks Scotty should be out next year. Rico might not me a Jason Crumpo but i think he would do better the Nicholls.

i definitely thinks Scotty should be out next year. Rico might not me a Jason Crumpo but i think he would do better the Nicholls.

100% agreed... and i'm far from a Rico fan for a number of reasons

He gave up British league racing to improve his performances on the GP circuit. Looks as though it's made little, if any, difference.

Form your own conclusions!

Scott was so far adrift that it looked as if the meeting reserve had been drafted in.

On a more general note, before each season has started recently I have been upbeat about our chances in the SWC. As things stand at the moment I am not even confident that team GB will even qualify for the play-offs.

Back to the thread - on tonight's performance definitely not.

He ought to be made to qualify next year - no more wildcards/nominations.

Scott was so far adrift that it looked as if the meeting reserve had been drafted in.

Thats a bit unfair as either, Balinski or Kolodziej would have performed much better.

Earlier on in this thread I said I felt Scott was good enough for the GP's. I stand by what I said because I was going by his previous finishing positions, usually top 10.

However, he has got off to a dreadful start and I feel for the guy because I believe he's made a genuine attempt to improve his performances and it has not paid off. At the moment he clearly is not GP standard.

I'm not certain that missing the Elite is the cause for his bad start, I feel the whole does/does'nt a rider need to be in the Elite is purely psychological depending on the rider. Hans feels he needs to be there but look at Crumpie, he seems to be fine. Hancock and Gollob dont need the Elite and Pedersen is defending World Champion.

One thing is certain, Scott looks like a broken man out there at the moment, his confidence is shot to pieces. I remember a similar thing happening to Rico the last time he was in the GP.

I personally felt sorry for the guy last night (and Rico when it was happening to him), I certainly didn't feel embarrassed. I don't understand how you can feel embarrassed by someone elses performance, he's the one going through the defeats, I'm sure he feels a lot worse about it!

I still hope he can sort his problems out as he has made genuine (rightly or wrongly) attempts to improve when a lot of others would have given up.

Earlier on in this thread I said I felt Scott was good enough for the GP's. I stand by what I said because I was going by his previous finishing positions, usually top 10.

However, he has got off to a dreadful start and I feel for the guy because I believe he's made a genuine attempt to improve his performances and it has not paid off. At the moment he clearly is not GP standard.

I'm not certain that missing the Elite is the cause for his bad start, I feel the whole does/does'nt a rider need to be in the Elite is purely psychological depending on the rider. Hans feels he needs to be there but look at Crumpie, he seems to be fine. Hancock and Gollob dont need the Elite and Pedersen is defending World Champion.

One thing is certain, Scott looks like a broken man out there at the moment, his confidence is shot to pieces. I remember a similar thing happening to Rico the last time he was in the GP.

I personally felt sorry for the guy last night (and Rico when it was happening to him), I certainly didn't feel embarrassed. I don't understand how you can feel embarrassed by someone elses performance, he's the one going through the defeats, I'm sure he feels a lot worse about it!

I still hope he can sort his problems out as he has made genuine (rightly or wrongly) attempts to improve when a lot of others would have given up.

Problem is that Nicholls thinks he is better than he actually is,he is deluded if he thinks he is ever going to be World Champ and on the form of the first two GPs then its going to be a season of embarrassment.Added to that theres big questions being asked by his Polish club and it would be no surprise if he were giving the boot there leaving only Sweden for Nicholls to improve his skills.

I don't understand, Pearcey, the meaning of the bracketed comment. Would you enlarge on it, please.

Edited by Ron Butler