British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shortcrust

Nicki P - World Champion 2003

I'm verry happy for Nicki, he has well done it but not fair. I would be happier if they met in the final - Nicki and Crump. Then we would see who deserve teh title of speedway world champion! The referee had hard job, but I think it was fair. It was Crump's fault for Holta's fall.

The big suprise for me was Bjarne Pedersen and Andreas Jonsson - they were so damn good!!! But AJ didn't had luck and was exluded in semi final:(

AJ was actually excluded in the final!

another awfall decision by the ref

I'll add my congrats to Nicki too.

I don't think Crumpy bottled it, but I think the nerves got the better of him. Nicki kept his cool, even after his dramatic spill.

nerves getting the better of someone is called bottling it. CRUMPY BOTTLED IT. he missed the start, was easally faster than holta so maybe he should of sat back and waited but instead went for a gap that wasn't there. imagine what would have been said had nicki done that move, most people would have called him, let me think, dangerous, suicidal, reckless and of course, he's gonna kill someone. crumpy did what nicki does week in week out, ride his arse off.

Bottled it is the modern term used for "chickened out". Crumpy didn't chicken out, but as you say, he was faster than Holta, and should have just had a little more patience knowing that he had four laps to make his move.

I'm a Rickardsson fan and i want to see him beat Mauger's record but well done to Nicki Pedersen and he THOROUGHLY DESERVED IT last night. You could see from the parade he was far more relaxed than Crump.Crump looked like a startled rabbit in the headlights,if you don't believe me check back at the video.Also to get back up from that crash and ride even better was fantastic.Ref got every decision right apart from the final.Jonsson should not have been excluded in my opinion it should have been all 4 back. Nice to see Greg Hancock win the final GP too. All round very satisfying apart from unlucky Jonsson.

IMO he's still not quite the finished article, i mean could Jerzy Szczakiel really be classed as the best in the World in 1973 or likewise Egon Muller in 1983.

Regardless of your opinion on Nicki i don't think it's fair to compare him with Jerzy Szczakiel and Egon Muller - Maybe if it was a one night event, but he did the business over 9 rounds.. A BIG difference..

BRILLIANT NICKI...you deserve it!

OMG! I think I'm turning into a Nicki Pedersen Fan :!: :D

Me too CHK, but don't tell anybody! :P

He was a pleasure to watch last night both on and off track. His calm, relaxed attitude was good to see. He definitely came of age last night. :approve: I must be going soft though cos I felt quite sorry for Crumpy, I expected him to snub any interviews and be a grumpy Crumpy on the rostrum, but to be fair to him,although you could see the disappointment in his every action, he composed himself very well. Well Done Jason. :)

Guest SwayChick03

Well done Nicki! Your the best! Come back to Eastbourne! Sorry but i knew Grumpy would loose the plot!

:D WELL DONE NICKI!!!! :D

WE ALL KNEW YOU'D WIN IT IN THE END

WELL DONE FOR BEATING TONY AND CRUMPY - HOPE YOU DO IT NEXT YEAR TOO!!!

:D P. S WELL DONE BJARNE! :D

:cry: breaks my heart to say it..... Congrats Nik P.

There ya go short and sweet! So sweet almost got a toothache typing it :P;)

Seriously all Congratulations to Nikki P

Well done and congratulations to Niki Pederson, :) I knew from the early days when he first rode at Newcastle that one day he would lift the world crown, and also well done to our Bjarne another future world champion in the making, Brough Park must have some kind of magic to have been influential in these riders careers. ;-)

i suppose you'll want to add Ivan Mauger and Ole Olsen to that list aswell...

And Anders Michanek as well.

Anyway, I was hoping Crump would win after all the bad luck he's had the year, but fair dos to Nicki. You can't say he didn't deserve on the evidence of the night's racing.

Next year, Crumpy!

Newcastle are not claiming Anders - He started at Long Eaton.

Newcastle are not claiming Anders - He started at Long Eaton.

yeah but Newcastle made him the rider he became - its a city that makes heros

Note to moderators

Can TTF be limited to one post only on this thread :P ;-)

don't worry SL,we won't hear from her till Monday :D

And hear from me you will Bikerboy :P:P

WELL DONE NICKI

The best man def won! :approve::approve:

I told you all he would win but no one believed me!

certain people should really back off him now he won fair and square and was brill, not many riders would get back on and be that determined after an accident full credit to the dane!

WELL DONE :D:D:D