British Speedway Forum

*faints* .................. why?? Must ask Mike to give you a special welcome back ;)

pm sent. I would expect nothing less than a special welcome back......after all I have been dubbed a Duchess in the past :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Star Lady

Not as bad as Johno calling a three time world champion Nicki Petersen :rolleyes:

At the end of the Swedish GP Nicki referred to himself as "Nicki Peedersen" so i reckon Johnno got it spot on.

At the end of the Swedish GP Nicki referred to himself as "Nicki Peedersen" so i reckon Johnno got it spot on.

I noticed that too. Its the first time i've actually heard one of the Pedersens say their own name. So maybe everyone else was wrong after all :lol:

I noticed that too. Its the first time i've actually heard one of the Pedersens say their own name. So maybe everyone else was wrong after all :lol:

I've watched a couple of meetings on Danish TV recently and it is definitely "Peedersen" not "Peddersen", so we've been getting it wrong for quite some time. Mind you I guess having Bo Petersen about should have been a clue.

It's not as bad as the Vetlanda announcer in Sweden years ago calling Kelly & Shawn "Moron". Hmm, maybe...

Rob McCaffery.

i know this is supposed to be Millardisms but surely somebody can tell Keith Huewen that it maybe spelt Rune,but it is pronounced RUNA !!!! Surely Ermolenko could pull him to one side and put him right.Everyone else on the broadcast gets it right so why cannot he ???

i know this is supposed to be Millardisms but surely somebody can tell Keith Huewen that it maybe spelt Rune,but it is pronounced RUNA !!!! Surely Ermolenko could pull him to one side and put him right.Everyone else on the broadcast gets it right so why cannot he ???

Hang on! According to Mill-Lard, it's actually "A-Rune" (in the "A-Red" helmet colours) - all words beginning with the letter R have to be prefixed with A-

And of course you forgot the Polish licence!

I wonder if he compares notes with Murray walker :lol:

Don't compare Millard to a class act that is Murray. Hope he will be part of the commentry team at the Silverstone GP now that the BEEB have it back.

This will separate the sheep from the goats

I'm astonished that it has taken 7 pages of thread before any one came up with that. You could also add:-

'Better late than never although some say better never late.'

I'm astonished that it has taken 7 pages of thread before any one came up with that. You could also add:-

'Better late than never although some say better never late.'

Post 24. ;)

Don't compare Millard to a class act that is Murray. Hope he will be part of the commentry team at the Silverstone GP now that the BEEB have it back.

I really do hope you are joking.......Murray Walker didn't know what Grand Prix he was at, never mind who was driving.

Cue the Martin Brundle intervention - "I think you'll find it's Webber"