British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

One Track Riders Throghout Career

Ian Turner only ever rode for Kings Lynn during his ten year career, riding for Kings Lynn ll during 1969 and 1970 until July, when the Starlets moved to Boston, Ian went 1st division taking David Crane's place in the British League Division 1 side.

Turner finished his career at Boston in 1980

Ian Turner only ever rode for Kings Lynn during his ten year career, riding for Kings Lynn ll during 1969 and 1970 until July, when the Starlets moved to Boston, Ian went 1st division taking David Crane's place in the British League Division 1 side.

Tiddler Turner rode a few meeting for Boston (which was really an extension of the King's Lynn promotional umbrella at the time!) in his last season!

...and Oxford...

Just thought of Nathan Simpson and Dennis Mallett, and what about Peter Reading and Dave Durham?

Steve

Nathan Simpson rode for Eastbourne as well as Wimbledon and Dennis Mallet rode for Milton Keynes and King's Lynn as well as Boston!

If one may be so bold as to include wee Martin McKinna, who only rode for Glasgow from 1982 until 1991 earning himself a Testimonial in the process. While he may not have been quite as successful as his brothers he was always a favourite of mine and was particularly entertaining around Craighead Park :approve: Sadly too many injuries stunted his progress.

I am sure there must be quite a few at National League level, Rob Henry and Mick Bates at Mildenhall spring to mind :unsure:

Rob Henry rode in the British League a few times for Leicester and I seem to remember Reading!

This is the opposite of the most travelled riders thread-think this would only apply to riders in the 50's , 60's.,only one I can think of is Les Owen for Coventry-but am not sure. Am I right about "Muscles" and can anyone else think of others-caveat they must have had a career of more than one season.

Les, definitely, what about Col Cottrell as well

Not sure I agree with Ronnie Moore either. I don't see how his matches for Coventry don't count as he wasn't racing for Wimbledon at the time and therefore can't be a guest surely?

Yes, you're right really. It's just such a shame that 21 years with one club should be spoiled by just two matches for Coventry!

Yes, you're right really. It's just such a shame that 21 years with one club should be spoiled by just two matches for Coventry!

I think I may have asked this before, but how did he do in those two matches for Coventry and are there any photo's of him in a Coventry race jacket?

Les, definitely, what about Col Cottrell as well

Col Cotrell rode for Oxford

Nathan Simpson rode for Wimbledon and Eastbourne.

Well, yeah, but that's only because the team moved venue... I know what you mean though...

Not sure I agree with Ronnie Moore either. I don't see how his matches for Coventry don't count as he wasn't racing for Wimbledon at the time and therefore can't be a guest surely?

The thing is, I believe he was given "special dispensation" to ride for Coventry while he was over here, so I agree with you there.

Steve

Nathan Simpson rode for Eastbourne as well as Wimbledon and Dennis Mallet rode for Milton Keynes and King's Lynn as well as Boston!

I've already responded with regard to Nathan, but I clean forgot about MK for Dennis. Hey, it was late when I posted that...

Sorry... :oops:

Steve

Rob Henry rode in the British League a few times for Leicester and I seem to remember Reading!

Swindon too

I think I may have asked this before, but how did he do in those two matches for Coventry and are there any photo's of him in a Coventry race jacket?

He scored 5 at Belle Vue and 6 at Hull.

:lol::( Phil Clarke rode for Norwich 13 seasons whilst Bob Leverenz & Alec Hunter were one team riders whilst here in the U K. Could Billy Bales be considered as he rode for Yarmouth (a Dick Wise promotion under the eye of Norwich). His time at Sheffield was also with good reason, someone had built houses exactly where Billy would have ridden at Norwich

How about Swindon's Bob Jones, George White & Tadeusz Teodorowicz ? Also, John Dore of Aldershot (50-52) ?

Luke Bowen..... Adam Allott ;)

Luke Bowen..... Adam Allott ;)

Adam Allott has ridden for Buxton, Sheffield, Kings Lynn, Stoke , Somerset and possibly a few more teams.

Luke Bowen is in his 8th season at Rye House, out of the modern day riders, I think only Michal Makovsky ( 9 seasons at Berwick) can beat that, at one team.