British Speedway Forum

Does anyone know is it alway's the case every year that the pairs meeting is held on the Friday before Cardiff. I'm just trying to think ahead as to whether it would be the same next year what with the date being in July?

Does anyone know is it alway's the case every year that the pairs meeting is held on the Friday before Cardiff. I'm just trying to think ahead as to whether it would be the same next year what with the date being in July?

This has only been the case since the Pairs moved to Somerset three years ago . Before then Newport raced Glasgow on the night before the GP , while the Pairs was run at whichever track was being used on another date .

One would assume the Pairs will be back at Somerset next year on GP eve , but in speedway you never can tell .

Official DVD of the 2009 PL Pairs now available to order here

Thanks for that, I couldnt make it to Somerset on Friday so I will be buying a copy. I hope you have plenty made because im sure every brummies fan will be getting it especially as its the first thing we have won for such a long time.

And Brummies fans, I was cheering for you in he final, despite my "obvious hatred of all thing Birmingham" (I think that was the quote), I even had a massive bruise on my knee where I miss judged the jump onto the barrier to cheer them on as they went over the line :(;)

He forget to say why he was cheering for them though... just so he could attempt to wind me up about the King, yes, Emil Kramer who rode the race of his life to put the Rebels in the Final.. You know the one ;)

Shame he rode like Scott Nicholls in the final as oppose to usual immaculate self. :P

Edited by Najjer

He forget to say why he was cheering for them though... just so he could attempt to wind me up about the King, yes, Emil Kramer who rode the race of his life to put the Rebels in the Final.. You know the one ;)

Shame he rode like Scott Nicholls in the final as oppose to usual immaculate self. :P

I knew it was too good to be true, I almost fainted when I read SCB supported the brummies. :lol::lol:

Thanks for that, I couldnt make it to Somerset on Friday so I will be buying a copy. I hope you have plenty made because im sure every brummies fan will be getting it especially as its the first thing we have won for such a long time.

Finishing touches being put to it today, so won't quite be ready for sale at Perry Barr this evening, but website orders will be dispatched as soon as copies get made, certainly shipping by the weekend.

my pictures from the meeting HERE

I knew it was too good to be true, I almost fainted when I read SCB supported the brummies. :lol::lol:

Does it matter why I was supporting them? Just accept I was cheering them on in the semi and the final and be happy :P

I just didn't' want Lynn as the favourites or Somerset as the home team to win so by the time it got to the semis, the Brummies become my team :D

After reading the article in the speedway star abouts somerersets reason for not running the consolation Final due to the curfew and lack of time due to Injuries ( get well soon Shane ), If it could have been delayed a little more would the Somerset pair been declared winners due to them having scored more tham Birmingham in the Qualifiers??? any answers

After reading the article in the speedway star abouts somerersets reason for not running the consolation Final due to the curfew and lack of time due to Injuries ( get well soon Shane ), If it could have been delayed a little more would the Somerset pair been declared winners due to them having scored more tham Birmingham in the Qualifiers??? any answers

Over 24 Hrs now and still no answer to my question

Over 24 Hrs now and still no answer to my question

Interesting question..........

Really enjoyed my first visit to the OTA for the PL Pairs. :)

We arrived very early to miss the worst of the notorious traffic problems, so parked up in the field near the entrance and enjoyed a pre meeting drink. :)

Entered the stadium about 16:45 and took our place on the second bend grass banking which was soon to be filled by noisy but friendly Redcar fans (Drac and crew in fancy dress).

As we had a few hours to kill we had to take advantage of the great bar on the first bend especially on such a glorious evening in perfect surroundings for a speedway event (nice pint of Guiness).

The bonus of the event for me was being able to wander around the pits pre meeting to take photo,s and take in the pre meet preperations for the riders and mechanics, is it like this at every meeting at Somerset?

So on to the racing which was very enjoyable, especically the 7-2 over Redcar which silenced the noisy Bears fans!

Well done to the Brummies who won when it mattered most at the business end of the meeting.

Edited by topaz325

The bonus of the event for me was being able to wander around the pits pre meeting to take photo,s and take in the pre meet preperations for the riders and mechanics, is it like this at every meeting at Somerset?

Yep.