British Speedway Forum
NathanB

Ashley Jones Memorial -now 24th June 7:30pm

With such a line up all taking part to remember "Our Ash" we feel it's only right to film this meeting for DVD.

The Media Answers "A team" will be in action with Alan catching all the action on the track and Tracey filming in the pits.

Just need to keep her out of Kozza's way I guess???? :lol::lol:

With such a line up all taking part to remember "Our Ash" we feel it's only right to film this meeting for DVD.

The Media Answers "A team" will be in action with Alan catching all the action on the track and Tracey filming in the pits.

Blimey so you will be in attendance? Coolios :approve:

Blimey so you will be in attendance? Coolios :approve:

Of course CTF - have to be there for Ash's meeting! :D

If he needs to run her over again at least make sure he does it after the meeting!! :shock::lol:

Hoping its a good crowd tonight to honour Ashley's memory. :approve:

Does anybody know of potential line ups for this meeting? Am really pleased this meeting is on to remember a terrific lad who is still dearly missed to this day.

think i saw somewhere, kl legends team is olly allen, rusty, adam allott, millsy, kevin,darren mallett and , umoh yea, "rambo" had to think then, difficult i know :lol:

Quite a reasonable meeting, with two or three good & interesting heats.

Great to see some old faces at the NA gracing the track, and good to see Troy at the NA.

Just got back from NA, got some cracking footage, should be a good DVD.

Bonus for me tonight, who should I run into in the Pits, The one and only Steve Regeling.

Now, I didn't expect to see him tonight

Edited by Team Man

Well I thought that was a very good meeting to celebrate Ashely's life and career. Heat 16 in particular was a stonking race and shows how good the track can be when four riders of similar NA ability meet in the same heat.

The track was weird and caught several riders out but settled down to produce some very good heats, mainly involving the Boy Wonder. Good to see that no quarter was asked or given between the riders which meant lots of hard first bend action.

Just one moan - lots of dust again by the end of the meeting. Why oh why wasn't more water put down? Only saw the sprayer do two quick laps throughout the evening.

Edited by Bagpuss

Well I thought that was a very good meeting to celebrate Ashely's life and career. Heat 16 in particular was a stonking race and shows how good the track can be when four riders of similar NA ability meet in the same heat.

The track was weird and caught several riders out but settled down to produce some very good heats, mainly involving the Boy Wonder. Good to see that no quarter was asked or given between the riders which meant lots of hard first bend action.

Just one moan - lots of dust again by the end of the meeting. Why oh why wasn't more water put down? Only saw the sprayer do two quick laps throughout the evening.

I was told last night that they had been watering the track all day, I guess because it was warm and windy it dried out real fast.

A very enjoyable meeting last night, with several great races. I enjoyed the two team format much better than the normal Individual type format, as it meant each rider could make a contribution towards the teams score.

In the past we have seen one or two top riders dominate an Individual meeting, which makes it rather predictable, but last nights format kept the scores tight for much of the meeting. If you are reading this JC, lets have this format again for next years meeting!

Adam Allott was sensational in his first two rides, although no doubt he will get the usual crticism of being a gating tart. It will be interesting to see how he fares after signing for the Scunthorpe team. Ironically fellow Scunthorpe rider Simon Lambert had a poor night on what is one of his favourite tracks. A novel twist in Heat 16 when the Legends team had BOTH riders on a tactical ride! Must look that one up in the rule book?

A most enjoyable night, and a fitting tribute to a much missed member of the Stars Team.

RIP Ashley.

I was told last night that they had been watering the track all day, I guess because it was warm and windy it dried out real fast.

Thats a fair comment but I would have thought a little bit more could have been put down during the meeting.

A novel twist in Heat 16 when the Legends team had BOTH riders on a tactical ride! Must look that one up in the rule book?

A most enjoyable night, and a fitting tribute to a much missed member of the Stars Team.

RIP Ashley.

Yep the twist in heat 16 was great to see and was also cleared with referee Mr Lawrence prior to the race, who on the night was having his own little bit of fun on the night by making up the rules as he went along, I cant believe the amount of starts he let go when there was alot of rolling at the tapes etc (just a shame Neath wasn't present, he may have got a maximum). :lol::lol:

And totally agree, a cracking nights enteratinment, makes me laugh when the home promotion has to pick the opposition to get a close meeting at the Norfolk Arena.