British Speedway Forum

Nicki flicking his wheel out again...

Lol !!!!

Speedway rider in "wheel flicking sensation"

How else do they go round the bends?

Edited by Blazeaway

just got back. bloody great week, nice weather and a good gp. track far better than i expected and some good racing. roll on next year i say.

Guess if the sponsor is happy then things will stay the same!

God knows what sort of track you were expecting, because although it was better than last year it was still poor.

How else do they go round the bend?

Probably from reading some of the posts on here. :rolleyes:

Being the main sponsor maybe you could shed some light on the rumour all GP tracks are super slick so the sponsors adverts can be clearly be seen etc, have you heard anything? :unsure::wink: congrats again for your continued support of speedway.

complete rubbish made up by people who know very little about the g.p. and the bsi. iam the first to moan about the track or anything else if its wrong and to there face.

i thought the gp was good and all the others with me did. yes not perfect but what is.

thank you, we try to do our bit for speedway. :wink:

Guess if the sponsor is happy then things will stay the same!

God knows what sort of track you were expecting, because although it was better than last year it was still poor.

to many of the so called super stars are puffs. yes track had some ruts but learn to ride them.

to many of the so called super stars are puffs. yes track had some ruts but learn to ride them.

You do post some crap and this is a first class example of it-we are talking the pinnacle of our sport here THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and the riders have to perform on a track which is dusty from heat 1

You do post some crap and this is a first class example of it-we are talking the pinnacle of our sport here THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and the riders have to perform on a track which is dusty from heat 1

you have your veiw and i have mine. only a few riders moaned about the track and they were the ones who did crap. i will post what i like so and if you think its crap i dont relly care.

you have your veiw and i have mine. only a few riders moaned about the track and they were the ones who did crap. i will post what i like so and if you think its crap i dont relly care.

The track was awful and very dangerous in the latter stages. The fact that you think it was okay just about sums up your knowledge of speedway.

Couple of things worth 'putting pen to paper' about.

We attended the Swedish GP and really enjoyed it. Going away for the weekend to watch a sporting event is generally a pretty good experience overall. Gothenburg itself is a really great place to visit with superb public transport, friendly people, good grub, fine restaurants and even a proper theme park within the city boundaries (a massive benefit if you take children and an excellent wooden roller-coaster to boot).

Whatever the rights and wrongs about the track, this GP was the best so far this year (okay, some may question the use of that yardstick!), with drama, passing and plenty of incident on and off track to keep those present in the stadium well away from the land of Nod. It was absolutely scorching, even well into the meeting and maybe the heat got to some of the Danish supporters in our section who entertainingly, in some cases, ranted, raved and unceremoniously stormed out of the stadium once Nicki Pederesen was excluded. Love him or hate him, as been suggested elsewhere, NP is a skilled rider whose character brings plenty of colour and drama into proceedings.

Also wanted to mention IMG. A lot has been aired on here about the fiasco in Germany last October. We also travelled and were very disappointed, to say the least, at the cancellation. However, like many, we made the best of the weekend and awaited our promised ticket refund. It came very quickly. In addition, the communications concerning the 'free GP tickets' offer were dealt with efficiently and properly at the time and we chose to use the offer at the Ullevi meeting. Nobody was more surprised than me when we picked up our gratis tickets at the stadium at the arranged time and at the arranged place (that in itself was a pleasant surprise having had to go through similar procedures for football tickets whilst abroad watching England) and we received top tickets for top seats. I had fully expected to receive 'cheap seats' and was actually ready to upgrade them. However, full credit to the company. We had a superb view of the action overlooking the start/finish line and really enjoyed ourselves. It is possible to argue the toss about the Germany lark until the cows come home. As far as we are concerned, IMG did what it promised to do in the light of events (or non-events) in Germany and also went the extra mile with the seats it gave us. Well done to them and now roll on Cardiff.

Edited by Northern Exile

Couple of things worth 'putting pen to paper' about.

We attended the Swedish GP and really enjoyed it. Going away for the weekend to watch a sporting event is generally a pretty good experience overall. Gothenburg itself is a really great place to visit with superb public transport, friendly people, good grub, fine restaurants and even a proper theme park within the city boundaries

Also wanted to mention IMG. A lot has been aired on here about the fiasco in Germany last October. We also travelled and were very disappointed, to say the least, at the cancellation. However, like many, we made the best of the weekend and awaited our promised ticket refund. It came very quickly. In addition, the communications concerning the 'free GP tickets' offer were dealt with efficiently and properly at the time and we chose to use the offer at the Ullevi meeting. Nobody was more surprised than me when we picked up our gratis tickets at the stadium at the arranged time and at the arranged place (that in itself was a pleasant surprise having had to go through similar procedures for football tickets whilst abroad watching England) and we received top tickets for top seats. I had fully expected to receive 'cheap seats' and was actually ready to upgrade them. However, full credit to the company. We had a superb view of the action overlooking the start/finish line and really enjoyed ourselves. It is possible to argue the toss about the Germany lark until the cows come home. As far as we are concerned, IMG did what it promised to do in the light of events (or non-events) in Germany and also went the extra mile with the seats it gave us. Well done to then and now roll on Cardiff.

Here, here! I could not agree more with this post. This also sums ups everything for me too!

So you reckon Crumpy did crap do you-because he most certainly wasnt happy with the track ! !

I also had a superb weekend-going to foreign gp`s is all about seeing different countries.yes the meeting was exciting and for me thats full credit to the riders on giving 110% on a difficult track.I firmly believe track conditions are getting progressively worse over the recent years.this season we have had

Prague-bald track boring meeting

Leszno-very little shale marginally better than Prague

Gothenberg-after being promised a much better track than last year it didnt seem much differerent certainly less dirt this time and what there was was under watered from the start.

I believe the FIM/BSI-IMG should be worried about what tracks the riders are asked to perform on but they are probably NOT.

The track was awful and very dangerous in the latter stages. The fact that you think it was okay just about sums up your knowledge of speedway.

F-ck off.

So you reckon Crumpy did crap do you-because he most certainly wasnt happy with the track ! !

did ya talk to the riders in the pits, doudt it. i did and most were ok.

F-ck off.

did ya talk to the riders in the pits, doudt it. i did and most were ok.

Jeez, you are one big headed, rude, t@sser.......