British Speedway Forum

Enjoyable meeting, but best thing about tonight was seeing some passion back in the riders. It looked like the meeting and British title actually meant something special to them.

Congrats to Bomber, amazing gate in the final, if only he could do that more consistently. The more I see of Kennet & Bridger on & off track the more I'm impressed. Both seemed to have matured this season and it's showing in their racing.

Thoroughly enjoyable evening of entertainment.

Gutted the best British rider couldn't clinch the title, but fair play to Harris. Teddy Kenny really is blossoming nicely now and looks ready for a proper breakthrough.

Nicholls was shocking again and looks woefully short of race sharpness.

Totally agree. Eddie has served his apprenticeship well, and is developing into an all round excellent rider, who can gate and has plenty of track craft to pass as well. Think he made a howler signing for Coventry and their terrible track, which could slow his developement. But he wanted to get away from Eastbourne and Dugard forced his hand.

Eddie is well liked at Poole and would have been a much more popular winner than Harris, but he will go a lot further in the sport than Bomber ever will.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Good enjoyable meeting to watch. Crowds wasn't great but £20 on a Wednesday night and the meeting live on Sky, with a free meeting at the stadium tomorrow, well what did they expect? Would have been good to let people in for a tenner to pack it out.

Racing was good as usual at Poole. The track is one of the best in the country and we are lucky that we witness this type of stuff every week.

Big well done to Eddie Kennett who rode sensibly and maturely to get that wild card. Commiserations to Tai, who told me afterwards he was thrilled with third. Bad luck to Richardson who blew it in the final.

Harris, well he rode well buut I feel most in the stadium were a bit disappointed it went to him. He has failed at so many levels and has reached as far as he is going to go. Well done to him but it would have been nice for the title to have gone to someone else. It is also very clear that Coventry have been manipulating the averages, as he hasn't shown this form for his club all season. yet on an individual level, when not being tied to what the management demand, he rides like this. I rest my case on that one.

Still, the fans that did turn up were entertained and by the sound of things it went down well with the majority of the armchair brigade.

Was your second paragraph 'tongue in cheek' Steve?

Well done to Chris Harris you can NEVER fault his effort. Never been an Ed Kennet fan TILL this season has matured on and off the track IMO. WELL DONE some tremendos efforts if he could gate consistantly he would be there among the big boys. As for Richardson still the same when the chips are down and a very bad sportsman to boot as shown on Monday and Tonight. Seems to think he is the only one that is allowed to ride hard but fair.Very poor loser.

No. Why do you ask? Poole is known for its great racing. Its been on Sky enough times for people to know that who don't visit the track.

Good enjoyable meeting to watch. Crowds wasn't great but £20 on a Wednesday night and the meeting live on Sky, with a free meeting at the stadium tomorrow, well what did they expect? Would have been good to let people in for a tenner to pack it out.

Racing was good as usual at Poole. The track is one of the best in the country and we are lucky that we witness this type of stuff every week.

Big well done to Eddie Kennett who rode sensibly and maturely to get that wild card. Commiserations to Tai, who told me afterwards he was thrilled with third. Bad luck to Richardson who blew it in the final.

Harris, well he rode well buut I feel most in the stadium were a bit disappointed it went to him. He has failed at so many levels and has reached as far as he is going to go. Well done to him but it would have been nice for the title to have gone to someone else. It is also very clear that Coventry have been manipulating the averages, as he hasn't shown this form for his club all season. yet on an individual level, when not being tied to what the management demand, he rides like this. I rest my case on that one.

Still, the fans that did turn up were entertained and by the sound of things it went down well with the majority of the armchair brigade.

I have to say i disagree with you on this, bomber is amazing at poole its no surprise he won and i am glad he did! This really could kickstart his season, so good luck to him. He didn't struggle at poole when coventry were here. Going into this meeting bomber would have been mentally confident about doing well as it must be one of his best tracks in england. 

Maybe i'm naive, but really don't think he is manipulating his average.

Edited by lisa-colette

Totally agree. Eddie has served his apprenticeship well, and is developing into an all round excellent rider, who can gate and has plenty of track craft to pass as well. Think he made a howler signing for Coventry and their terrible track, which could slow his developement. But he wanted to get away from Eastbourne and Dugard forced his hand.

Eddie is well liked at Poole and would have been a much more popular winner than Harris, but he will go a lot further in the sport than Bomber ever will.

lol shovlar you could only dream of having kennett bk at poole. i think he wud have rather stayed unhappy at eastbourne rather than sign for poole! mind u he wud get another trophy at the end of this season! the wooden spoon!

This guy is an embaressment. Will someone from Coventry pop around and give him his medication. :D

I have to say i disagree with you on this, bomber is amazing at poole its no surprise he won and i am glad he did! This really could kickstart his season, so good luck to him. He didn't struggle at poole when coventry were here. Going into this meeting bomber would have been mentally confident about doing well as it must be one of his best tracks in england. 

Maybe i'm naive, but really don't think he is manipulating his average.

well said !! bomber wudn't manipulate his average even if he was told to by management!

he was absolutely awesome tonite ! the track looks a nice one i must say. i have never been but it looks good and quite fair!!

Great meeting looks the britsh final is back .....Rico was a class above anyone but left his only bad ride for the final :cry: fair play to teddy getting the wildcard thou he really really wanted it and put 110% in .

As or team gb i never thought say this but i don't think Nicholls should be in the team he look a broken man tonight and looked at rock bottom .

Oh yea and well done to poole for the track and for sky for putting it on most enjoyable .

Sad to see him so struggling for form and confidence - his interviews only served to substantiate that this is a guy who has lost loads of confidence and is fighting for just scraps at present. No doubt there will be the usual knockers on this forum queueing up to have a go at the GB Rider. However, lest we not forget, Scott Nicholls has been the top GB Rider for most of the last decade and quite rightly too - OK so he is unlikely to be World Chgampion but then again who is .... only Nicki Pedersen, Jason Crump and Greg Hancock can lay claim to that particular feat of the current crop and those three riders are obviously special indeed. We Brits need to get behind Scottie - not knock him - and will him all the best as he strives to return to form -why? cos Scott Nicholls on form and in full flow is still a sight to behold and stands in good stead v all but 3 or 4 riders in the world plus GB needs him !

So come on Scottie - we know you can do it !!

Well said Robbo, he has been far and away our best rider for many years, he's not a world title contender and never will be but only a very select few are. However he is a multi British champion and i would say he's been one of the top ten riders in the world for much of the last few years, achievements to be proud of.

I hope to see him enjoying his racing again soon.

Great meeting looks the britsh final is back .....Rico was a class above anyone but left his only bad ride for the final :cry: fair play to teddy getting the wildcard thou he really really wanted it and put 110% in .

As or team gb i never thought say this but i don't think Nicholls should be in the team he look a broken man tonight and looked at rock bottom .

Oh yea and well done to poole for the track and for sky for putting it on most enjoyable .

Thanks Orion... :approve:

On current form you would have to say the following have first dibs (in no order):

Rico

Harris

Woffinden

Kennett

Bridger

Great win for Bomber hopefully this will kick start his season :)

Happy for Kennett as well, I hope he can mix it with the top stars at Cardiff, we shall see.

Meeting was enjoyable and provided some good racing :D

A good meeting to watch tonight on a pretty well prepared surface.

Congratulations must go to Coventry's very own Chris"Bomber" Harris &Edward Kennett, see ya at Cardiff boys :approve:

Agree with that, colincooke.

Bomber and Eddie did Coventry and GB proud tonight.

Well done to Tai and commiserations to Lee and Lewis.