British Speedway Forum
Brummie Boy

Another Ridiculous Exclusion

I didn't see this but it sounds like shades of Penhall v Carter. The ref is probably damned either way, unless there is a clear and simple way to attribute blame with 100% accuracy in every case. No, I can't think of any way to do it either... :unsure:

QUOTE (Rob B @ May 31 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUT Pedersen is the grandmaster of doing the move you described, looking over when being pased then moving in on the rider to make contact then fall off, he has done it so many times.

yes but that is irrelevant when it comes who's fault it was. the only thing that counts is what happened then and there.

A referee should never ever take a decision of exclusion based on who the rider is. We cant have referees making decisions based on what riders

they like or don't like instead of taking a decision based on who's fault it is.

Dredful decision to exclude Nikki.

1-He was past Emil no problem at all

2-Emil knew he was coming!!!!!

3- This tatic emil pulled is creeping in more and more and leaving the ref with a hard decision to make.Its like in football when players try to con the ref into giving a penalty,but at least in speedway you have replays but if pearson is to be trusted the ref made a very quick call according to him and made the wrong call.

4- Looked what happened when crump was in the same position as Nikki with Emil in the final but shut off without even attemping a pass- do fans what to see even less passing.

5-All in all Emil knew exactly what he was doing riders like Hancock,Adams wouldnt of bailed out and we have to stamp riders doing this now as i said its creeping in more and more.

Agree totally. Pedersen was robbed. I like Emil but he should have been out. Wasn't even a 50/50.

I also agree. Pedersen had cleanly overtaken Sayfutdinov on the straight prior to entering the corner.Sayfutdinov then tried to cutback inside but caught Pedersens back wheel. Hard riding on Pedersens part but seen often in the World championships with the result being the rider behind on the outside being excluded.

Oh dear,it seems the Pedersen tactics for the last few years have come back and bit him on his `arris :lol:

Didn`t think he done anything wrong tonight,but it`s the Ronaldo effect,nobody believes your innocent after so many years of diving :lol::approve:

Edited by Dietbowers

Dredful decision to exclude Nikki.

1-He was past Emil no problem at all

2-Emil knew he was coming!!!!!

3- This tatic emil pulled is creeping in more and more and leaving the ref with a hard decision to make.Its like in football when players try to con the ref into giving a penalty,but at least in speedway you have replays but if pearson is to be trusted the ref made a very quick call according to him and made the wrong call.

4- Looked what happened when crump was in the same position as Nikki with Emil in the final but shut off without even attemping a pass- do fans what to see even less passing.

5-All in all Emil knew exactly what he was doing riders like Hancock,Adams wouldnt of bailed out and we have to stamp riders doing this now as i said its creeping in more and more.

I think the ref had a tough decision to make, and could have gone either way.

1. If he had been past him no problem then he wouldn't have wiped out Emil's front wheel.

2. Yep. He knew he was coming...he shut off very early to let Nicki go past and then turn in after him, but Nicki chose to go much deeper into the turns than he had on the previous laps.

3. At first I thought Emil DID try to pull a move to con the ref, but the more I look at it, I don't think he did. He was looking for Nicki to go past him and turn at his normal point and then follow him into the turn, but Nicki took him deeper and forced Emil to try to turn in beside him.

4. Ermmm...Crump shut off and took it careful in almost every race.....Don't think that's an argument at all.

5. As I said earlier....after watching it over and over, I genuinely don't think he was playing for it, but only Emil knows!

It was a racing incident on a really sh** track. On a proper track, it probably wouldn't have happened, but the rider's were being forced into strange lines to cope with the crappy surface.....Best move of the night was Hans' slow handclap as he returned to the pits after his crash!

Just when was Emil supposed to turn then, he'd got the power on down the straight, the fence was looming up, Pedersen took his line, maybe it was another case of all 4 back mid race, wish more refs would use this option.
two choices ,blast round the outside or cut across Pedersen after he went passed.

Swings and roundabouts, it went his way in quite a few GP's previous.

But where do they get these refs from :oops:

My two penn'orth.

The karma police have finally caught up with Pederson.

In recent times NP has shown himself all to ready to "take a fall" or "fence" an opponent when it suits him.

In last night's incident I think he did get the short end of the stick from the ref. NP made the straight as long as possible meaning Emil had to bail on his original thought to sweep arround the boards and be potentialy trapped, so he tried the "cut back" to the inside line. He miscalculated and hit NP's back wheel and went down. Not NP's fault !

But........., what goes around comes around.

Six and two threes for me.

Its the second 50/50 which hasn't gone NP's way in the series so far but rather than bleating about it perhaps he should remember the various occasions when tough decisions have gone in his favour.

Edited by Bagpuss

I remember either Johnson or Tattum commentating on an incident like this some time ago on SKY. A similar incident and the rider on the outside was excluded, their take on it was. When going down the straight and you are in line with the rider on the inside at some point that back wheel will swing out. If it takes you off, you will be excluded as it's your responsibility to allow for it. We see this countless times in league racing so why should the decisions be any different at GP level! I'm no Nicki fan, but, Emil didn't need to pull that stunt either he could have passed him on the inside again like the previous bend.

Bitter sweet for me, gutted Nicki was excluded but the cheating Russian won me a pile of cash so hey ho. That's racing. Just please someone stop the ginger whinger from winning the WC.

Shocking decision.

I only had camera angles on TV to look at, so do not know what ref based his decision on. Definitely NOT Nicki Pedersen at fault this time. However think that inexperience of Emil coupled with the track conditions caused the incident. Nicki had plenty of room to pass inside, but as he went under Emil the latter decided to turn left and caught Nickis back wheel. Anyway that is what Sky TV showed

I thought it was a tough call...I think there were legitimate reason for excluding either on but my first instinct was that Pedersen was at fault.

Here lies the issue!!

It was my first instinct too.

And according to Pearson, the ref reacted straight away and had the blue(?) light on straight away!!

Maybe the ref went with his instinct and made the call before the replays - on first viewing it looked totally all Ped!!

Unlucky Nicki - But what goes around comes around!!

I only had camera angles on TV to look at, so do not know what ref based his decision on. Definitely NOT Nicki Pedersen at fault this time. However think that inexperience of Emil coupled with the track conditions caused the incident. Nicki had plenty of room to pass inside, but as he went under Emil the latter decided to turn left and caught Nickis back wheel. Anyway that is what Sky TV showed