British Speedway Forum

And both decisions were completely correct. I couldn't give two hoots if Andersen had been excluded, but both times the ref got it right. The only time he got it wrong was when Jonsson was excluded when Crump overlocked.

Steve going slightly off topic pearson was saying its a record crowd for cardiff a number of times but you say you think it was slightly down on last year,do they publish the crowd figures for Gps?

Well from what I saw I think Crump probably should have been the one excluded in the Jonsson incident as it seemed to me at least that he turned back in on Andreas more than Crump being taken out. As far as the Harris one goes I did think he made some contact with Hans but you expect that in the first corner and being the semi-final surely all four back would have been best? Same with the Pederson one really, all three back would have made more sense. I did feel that both Anderson and Pederson seemed to go down easily though, looking at replays you almost feel sometimes as if they're looking for it when they aren't in front. As for the amateur boxing I think like most people Emil needs to grow up a little bit, there was nothing in that ride from Nicholls which wasn't a cracking display of how to ride speedway, in fact he seemed bar one race to be off the boil totally tonight. Even so perhaps Scotty shouldn't have retaliated and let Emil get all the flak, but it did liven things up a bit, I was more disappointed that they turned the live footage off the screens in the stadium!

Emil was stupid to get into the fight, but taking out the "Brit" bias, Emil leant on Clot after the race & said something,then Scott nudged him into the fence by the gate before Emil threw any punch...so who started it?? BOTH were equally as bad.

Edited by icicle

It was hard but fair defensive riding by Nicholls, but I didn't what happened to initiate the incident - only thing on YouTube is in Russian and misses the start of the incident, plus anything that happened on the way into the pits.

For the record I though Andersen parked the bike hoping Harris would touch him having lost out in the first turn to Pedersen & Hancock, Andersen should have gone. Second time it should have been all 3 back.

Also thought Crump should have gone when AJ did, another bike parked when the battle in turn one had turned out badly for a rider.

isnt it amazing how after a few gp's of one rider trying to make out that black is white and vice versa that not only do the commentators start forgetting the rules but also the fans on this forum seemingly!

the ref only messed up once tonight and that was by excluding NickiP instead of exercising his right for all riders back..... regardless of what nicki or the commentators were saying the bomber incident had nothing at all to do with this incident

bomber and jonsson had to be excluded from their races because they had not passed cleanly...... they had both made contact with riders who fell and werent out of control .............. sad to say but I think we are starting to see the Hans Neilsen days come back with the art of sliding off the bike after contact at the back of the field in a race......... but as far as a ref is concerned there are certain things that are key

the competition is in danger of becoming a farce over the comments made about refereeing by riders .... someone needs to get a grip of it because every decision is being challenged now and there have only been a couple of incorrect decisions this season imo............... controversy creates interest but there is a limit

interesting GP overall with some unsavoury incidents that a couple of guys will be red cheeked about in the morning and possibly lighter in pocket as well........... despite the commentators enthusing about the racing I counted 3 passes for every 4 heats on average which is probably the amount a temp track should be getting anyway............. what was good was the lack of rutting and the immediate wider line

some better gating from scott and bomber....... hans crept in most of his races and at least two races should have been brought back......... Crump is not of this planet ......... welcome to Cardiff Emil............ Mr Bellamy has such a sunny disposition - is he an ostrich though?.............I cant see Leigh allowing this nightmare to continue and wouldnt be suprised if he didnt finish the gp season

Emil was stupid to get into the fight, but taking out the "Brit" bias, Emil leant on Clot after the race & said something,then Scott nudged him into the fence by the gate before Emil threw any punch...so who started it?? BOTH were equally as bad.

I'm no Scott Nicholls fan (and that may be a slight understatement) but I'd take issue with that.

The way I saw it they had words riding back to the pits, when they got to the pit gate Nicholls tried to turn in to go to the pits and Sajfutdinov kept going straight, they made contact and both went into the gate that was open and on the track. Sajfutdinov threw the first punch and Nicholls threw one too, so yes both guilty but IMHO Nicholls slightly less so.

If, as reported on this thread, the incident led to trouble amongst some of the crowd, they are extremely lucky to have got away with a relatively low fine. I'm all for a bit of handbags, it often livens up a boring meeting, but if it causes crowd trouble the authorities have to snuff it out. Speedway is supposed to be a family sport and fighting on terraces isn't the way to go.

Speedway is supposed to be a family sport and fighting on terraces isn't the way to go.

From all reports Polish League Speedway is already infected with the "British Disease" of Soccer-esque Fan Hooliganism. :o

I think you may need to watch it again icicle. As Star Lady points out, Emil was making an issue of it and Scott was more or less brushing him off and probably telling him where to go. As they approached the open gate, Emil wouldn't lett Scott turn in and ran both of them into the fence which is when Scott lost his cool and you can hardly blame him.

As for the incident causing crowd trouble, well I would say the fight probably had more to do with alcohol than the riders.

I think you may need to watch it again icicle. As Star Lady points out, Emil was making an issue of it and Scott was more or less brushing him off and probably telling him where to go. As they approached the open gate, Emil wouldn't lett Scott turn in and ran both of them into the fence which is when Scott lost his cool and you can hardly blame him.

As for the incident causing crowd trouble, well I would say the fight probably had more to do with alcohol than the riders.

I had the unfortunate seat in seeing the trouble, sadly it involved messrs flint,cooper,tully,summers,robertson,mckinna,k morris and the entourage, im not sure if they started it but the stewards and police were involved, why is that these idiots are allowed into the stadium full of drink, there was young children in the crowd that witnessed this happening, these speedway riders and so called speedway riders should hang there head in shame.This was on the top tier of the stadium and could have caused a disaster. Many other fans filmed and took pictures of this so hopefully they will post them on the forum.

Disgusted

DRK

Edited by DRK

In the end does it matter?Fighting and alcohol got football a bad reputation.Banning alcohol was one thing that was tried out.Either way it would be a bit of a disaster for the GP.Banning alcohol would be bad for the financial side of the thing,but the GP crowds getting a reputation would be a disaster for the sport.I did witness a running battle between fans after a GP in Parken a few years back.You can say with 30 or 40,000 it is a small minority,but it was the same at football matches as well.Football players were taking the blame for incitement to riot.Speedway riders will take the same blame.....

From http://www.speedwayupdates.co.uk

The 2009

SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

SKY MEETING

Updater: Youngy

Line Up:

1. Emil Sayfutdinov (15) Rus - 1 0 1 3 2 = 7

2. Nicki Pedersen (1) Den - 2 2 2 0 2 = 8 + X = 8

3. Kenneth Bjerre (12) Den - 3 0 2 0 2 = 7

4. Rune Holta (8) Pol - X 1 3 X 3 = 7

5. Scott Nicholls (9) GB - 0 1 1 3 1 = 6

6. Fredrik Lindgren (10) Swe - 1 3 3 2 1 = 10 + 2 + 4 = 16

7. Greg Hancock (4) USA - 2 2 2 2 3 = 11 + 3 + 0 = 14

8. Hans Andersen (5) Den - 3 3 3 1 1 = 11 + 2 + 2 = 15

9. Sebastian Ulamek (14) Pol - 3 3 1 1 0 = 8 + 0 = 8

10. Andreas Jonsson (7) Swe - 2 EF 1 2 X = 5

11. Tomasz Gollob (3) Pol - 0 1 2 3 2 = 8 + 1 = 9

12. Edward Kennett (16) GB - 1 2 0 1 0 = 4

13. Chris Harris (11) GB - 2 2 0 2 3 = 9 + X = 9

14. Grzegorz Walasek (13) Pol - 0 1 0 0 0 = 1

15. Jason Crump (2) Aus - 3 3 3 3 3 = 15 + 3 + 3 = 24 (FULL MAXIMUM)

16. Leigh Adams (6) Aus - 1 0 0 1 1 = 3

17. Tai Woffinden GB -

18. Simon Stead GB -

bomber last in semi final

Edited by longlivefrankie

so how bad was the fighting on the top tier?

will it be more security next year?

well done bomber for trying, best brit of the nite. i thought personely as meeting staed at 5 , there wasnt enough time to meet poeple, so we re staying down there next year. glad crumpie won, he was the man of the nite. roll on malilla and bydgoszcz. :approve: