British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DarrenCook

Gb World Cup Team

Well it's on th B.S.P.A site now, or at least it should be, click read more & it says Thursday 1st January 1970 :blink::lol:

id drop scott and rico and go with the youngsters.reckon we will finish 3rd whatever so a good time for the kids to be given a go. rico might be riding ok in the leagues but watch him struggle against top riders

Maybe we should do what Jack Charlton used to do for EIRE and look for anyone with some kind of connection and nick them as our own. Does anyone know of any Danes, Poles, Aussies or Swedes that might have had fish n chips in thier lifetime? :wink:

Jason Crump, Theorectically he's English!!. :unsure:

spook, King is 4 years younger then Harris so in what way wouldn't king be a name for the future if Harris would?

im thinking you dont understand my point Ghostwalker..... why have you focussed on Harris? Theres Rico and Scott much older than Bomber..........

Despite the fact that Bomber has been riding at world level for the last couple of seasons and before that had year on year vast improvement...... in terms of building for the future ...Bomber is very much part of the future........... and lets face it on paper far more than Danny King until he starts stringing some seasons together

dont get me wrong I like Danny..... he is a pocket rocket with a good attitude on and off track who has all the ingredients to make it to the highest level ...... all I am saying is that IF something is about to happen like Rico or Scott not being picked in favour of the youngsters grabbing some experience then the opportunities have to be given to guys who are odds on to be making it to the highest level ....as much as anyone can be sure of

As much as I dont want to admit it, I dont think it matters who we pick as I think the best we can hope for is beating Slovenia to 3rd place and then taking a pounding in the race off. Pesamistic I know but thats what I feel the most likely result will be.

imo we have to make sure that we not only dont qualify directly but also make it to the race off ........... being in the race off is key not only for experience but also for setup in the final if we made it that far.......... qualifying directly or going out at the first hurdle would both be disasters

no scott and no Rico but Harris, Kennett, Tai, King and Bridger if i remember it correctly

Harris, Kennett, Woffinden, King, Bridger. :blink:

We're not going to win the damn thing, but we could at least try. :rolleyes:

Well the team has been announced and the new Team GB manager has made the first howler, including Danny King over Lee Richardson. Nicolls I agree should not be in, but come on, King over Richardson, who is showing good form?

Rubbish choice IMO.

Guest Ashie Smashy
Harris, Kennett, Woffinden, King, Bridger. :blink:

We're not going to win the damn thing, but we could at least try. :rolleyes:

I wondered how long before someone started moaning. Had he stuck the pram toy thrower or Richardson in then people would moan he is not giving the kids a chance. People moan that there are no British riders coming through the ranks, but maybe this is what we need to do NOW to ensure we can be really competitive in 2/3 seasons.

Edited by Ashie Smashy

Maybe all linked in with Lee not turning up to the GP quali?????

I wondered how long before someone started moaning. Had he stuck the toy pram thrower or Richardson in then people would moan he is not giving the kids a chance. People moan that there are no British riders coming through the ranks, but maybe this is what we need to do NOW to ensure we can be really competitive in 2/3 seasons.

Richardson is currently our best rider. The guy doesn't have a clue.

Well the team has been announced and the new Team GB manager has made the first howler, including Danny King over Lee Richardson. Nicolls I agree should not be in, but come on, King over Richardson, who is showing good form? Rubbish decision IMO.

Totally agree Steve. If there isn't an underlying reason why Rico hasn't been selected then this is a joke decision from a comedy manager. :rolleyes:

Well the team has been announced and the new Team GB manager has made the first howler, including Danny King over Lee Richardson. Nicolls I agree should not be in, but come on, King over Richardson, who is showing good form?

Rubbish choice IMO.

well King is better then you think atleast from what i have seen from him last season and this allthough i can admit that he have been out of form the past few meetings in Sweden.

SO i think King is as good as Kennett if not better. Especially on proper dpeedwaytracks. ;):P

Edited by Ghostwalker

Guest Ashie Smashy
The guy doesn't have a clue.

I see the same said about your opinions on a daily basis :rolleyes: Richardson as had plenty of chances, and on the big occasions he fails.