British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

Rico should have been in instead of Kennett.

Kennett is poor.Maybe we can transfer him to scotland? :lol:

Guest Ashie Smashy
I was one of the people who thought Scotty and Rico should be in the team and my hands are up the kids are doing well especially King and Bridger who in all honesty are the two i would have left out for Nicholls and Rico. Whats really dissapointing is Scott doesnt appear to be anywhere in the vacinity which i think is pretty poor.

Thank you Rami, and I agree about Scott, although of course I guess we have to reserve judgement in case he is there and the cameras have not picked him up.

As for the Brits, doing ok in patches, Tedward and Tai have struggled, Danny King has been well worth his pick, bridger I think has rode sensible lines and seems to be a decent voice in the pits.

All in all doing ok tonight.

In all I'm quite impressed given our opposition. Also the racing is of a good standard with several good races so whilst everyone else gets involved the the blind alleys of commentry, whom should be riding and what moniker we should adopt for the home nation etc I'm happy to simply watch the racing and enjoy it.

King for me has been superb, he is developing nicely anyway but I must admit he has exceeded my expectations of him tonight.

Guest Ashie Smashy
Rico should have been in instead of Kennett.

Hindsight. Nobody would have suggested Kennett should be left out prior to tonight, so this kind of comment is not really helpful.

Guest Ashie Smashy
I did slate Lyons and thought that Rico should have been in for King. There are 10 races left and anything can happen so don't count your horses/chickens yet :wink:

King has beat Leigh Adams, had the best of Gollob for 3 and half laps, and won a race. Again I am guessing, but I do not believe Richardson would have done that, but either way Rob Lyons as been vindicated tonight.

What he does for Thursday will be interesting, but I hope he is not swayed by some of the people on here and sticks to his own philosphy and mindset.

Hindsight. Nobody would have suggested Kennett should be left out prior to tonight, so this kind of comment is not really helpful.

I did, not on here though.

To all thoughs who slatted Lyon's appointment & team selection may be a little quiet tonight

Decent meeting this, yet more evidence that the World Cup provides better racing than the Gp's

In my book, this is what we want on our screens.

That race with Crump and Zagar may well have been the best race all year..

The way the Aussies and Poles have been going thats one place in the race off taken up already. I cant see anyone beating them to 1st and 2nd. So looks like the race off will be a cracker with Denmark, Sweden and Australia/Poland.

Heat 20 wow!!! I thought it was a dead heat.

Am i right in thinking that a dead heat is not allowed in FIM events? There HAS to be a winner.

King has beat Leigh Adams, had the best of Gollob for 3 and half laps, and won a race. Again I am guessing, but I do not believe Richardson would have done that, but either way Rob Lyons as been vindicated tonight.

Well Rico beat Adams at swindon on Thursday and had to pass him so he may well of beat him. But i hope that King is riding on Thursday because he deserves it so far tonight. Kennett should be replaced

Decent meeting this, yet more evidence that the World Cup provides better racing than the Gp's

In my book, this is what we want on our screens.

That race with Crump and Zagar may well have been the best race all year..

Awesome race. Zagar is class :D

There has been some brilliant races tonight, as they keep on saying, the SWC keeps on delivering. I would be very dissapointed if Nicholls is not there and is riding in the race off, I can understand him not being there if he has been told he will not be picked for Thursday but if there is a chance of him being picked he should be there tonight.

well i have said before in this thread that it is not King that is the weak link but rather Kennett/tai/Bridger. King and Kennett proves i'm right.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...t&p=1546031

http://subedei.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...3673&page=2

Edited by Ghostwalker