British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

Harris wasnt brilliant but was competitive and scored double figures.

Helped along with a 6 point win but not from his last placing previously :rolleyes:

Richardson wasn't picked but he was there supporting the lads so why shouldn't Scott of been there as well, Hans was at Denmarks meeting and he was injured :wink:

Great Meeting

Team GB did well, the kids did us proud and King was awesome - he was always going to be a good choice to ride at a track hes ridden for a number of years.

Lewis needs to calm down though - having a go at Hampel after a race when he didnt do anything.

Conda ( or as we called him Condom, Durex or Johnny lol) was looking great towards the end, and seemed to progress throughout the meeting

Is it me or do the Polish riders always seem inconsistent, but know how to turn it on in a competition like this - their team spirit though is immense.

Security seemed a bit lax at the end though - and they lost control a bit with regards security.

Did you see the Polish team manager push that guy - lol.

Not good all those people in the pits so soon afterwards

Overall a good meet - and really to make the competition fair - the final shouldve been at Peterborough and not in the Polish back yard... I cant really see them being beaten now.

Prediction for race off - Australia and Sweden to go through

King was awesome, will he ride like that in Poland though, I doubt it.

well he of course know his way around the p'boro track but

Leszno is of the same length allthough the opposition will be a bit tougher.

So i think he will do ok but probably not as great as tonight.

Why should he of shown his face? He was left out when he clearly should of been in that team as should Richardson. Id stick two fingers up at Lyons if either are asked to ride in Poland!!

Because the whole point in tonight was to give the younger riders experience. Lee understood that and was there in the pits to help in any way they could. Meanwhile, Mr Ego was nowhere to be seen.

I used to be a big supporter or Scott in the GPs, before bomber was there, but his attitude to a few things over the past 12months or so has been disgraceful

Best meeting I have seen in a good while. Full marks to whoever gave Mr Chapman the nod to take care of track matters. The match itself was a vast improvement on Round 1. Sadly Slovenia (Zagar apart) didn't contribute more to the match though I am not sure if the was anymore room for Denmark or Emil Sayfutdinov. We really have been spoiled by the racing on Sky this season even Charlie's one liners couldn't curb my enjoyment of the match.

Team GB - Did themselves proud, the effort was clearly there and were always in the mix. I think Rob Lyon made the correct decision to go with the youth. Sadly one will miss out I'd drop Kennet as I think Tai will score more at Leszno. More to come from Tai I am certain looked down on power tonight but he's capable of much more. Danny King was in vintage Loram form and one wonders why he is at Ipswich. I don't see us making the final but the same performance on Thursday will mean we fight till the end.

The Polish Team were sublime and reminded me of why we signed Benny Johansson. Pulled away in the last 10-12 races with Hampel looking a different rider to the one who rode for Ipswich. Kasprzak always rated him and tonight again he showed his class.

To finish - I thought Heat 25 showed quite honestly why Mr Gollob will never be World Champion. I respect the fact they had won the match but I hope he is fined and I bet he wouldn't do it in his own country. Crump WORLD CLASS, model pro, performs week in week out. A true loss to Speedway in this country this year and I'd rather have one Jason Crump than 5 of those wishy washy poles anytime.

Helped along with a 6 point win but not from his last placing previously :rolleyes:

Richardson wasn't picked but he was there supporting the lads so why shouldn't Scott of been there as well, Hans was at Denmarks meeting and he was injured :wink:

I agree with you there.

Even Holta was there - travelling to a different country and not riding!!!!! - thats team spirit and support.

Especially with all of Scotts experience etc at this and GP level - just proves something doesnt it.

And we got stuffed yongsters or no youngsters the idea is to try and win ....The only numpty is someone who won't put his best team out

It shows the mind set of UK speedawy fans when people are happy that we got beat by 20 pts at home and are happy that a rider scored 9 from 6 rides .

Completely agree, think that some people are deluding themselves that the team are youngsters. Sorry, cannot buy that. Not on the world stage. Look at all the Polish, 'the' Russian, Aussie teenagers coming through. Tai is a concern, he seems to be 'plateau-ing' this season on an international/individual basis.

doubt we will come last.

We will come last. I hate to say that, but unless these 5 are changed, it will be last place. I am not being anti-anyone. Just a realist. I guess we will see who is right on Thursday night.

Well the TEAM GB Manager is doomed if he doesn't change it and doomed if he does ...... anyone for dejavu??? :unsure:

I think we have accept that as a speedway nation we are no longer the force that we were, but there is nothing to say that we cannot be in the future,but it will take time. I really take my hat of to Rob Lyon who appears to have a clear vision as to what we need to do,and I think that we might have found the right man for the job.

The team looked and acted like a team, matching shirts and matching kevlars coming out and congratulating each other,and very pleasing to see Lee Richardson on hand to offer support and advice,it is a pity that Scott Nicholls was not on hand to do the same.

Okay I don't see us qualifying through the race off,but lets stick with the nucleus of riders that we have in the squad at the moment,I think that tonight they did us proud.

Completely agree, think that some people are deluding themselves that the team are youngsters. Sorry, cannot buy that. Not on the world stage. Look at all the Polish, 'the' Russian, Aussie teenagers coming through. Tai is a concern, he seems to be 'plateau-ing' this season on an international/individual basis.

We will come last. I hate to say that, but unless these 5 are changed, it will be last place. I am not being anti-anyone. Just a realist. I guess we will see who is right on Thursday night.

Change all 5 ? It will be last place no matter who we put in . What 'change 5' do you have in mind ? cant wait to hear this

If I was Scott Nicholls, I would not be putting my hand up to ride in the Play-Offs. Team GB will finish last, he will get the blame (because without him they managed third tonight :rolleyes: will come the calls....), why put yourself up for a beating.

I think its becoming obvious with the selection, that Rob Lyon didn't have much faith in making the final and alas, is being proved correct. Lets blood these guys, then in a couple of years time, drop em, and blood Auty, Haines and maybe Darcy Ward will switch :blink:

Yup we are going to come last but who else have we got to save us?

In all fairness Tai is in his first season of Elite speedway, and isnt a heat leader - he still lacks in experience, but in time im sure he will make it, he need to be given a chance though.

who really couldve come into the team and made the Team win - including Rico may have added a few points but not drastic enough to pull of the win.

We need to blood more youngsters and give them opportunities otherwise we end up using the same crusty riders year on year, which has been the reason why we've found ourselves in the position we are in now.

The aim this season from the start was to get into a play off position - we werent expecting a shock win

We need to increase development of British riders - which has been a concern of years - through training initiatives and support by authorities.

Change all 5 ? It will be last place no matter who we put in . What 'change 5' do you have in mind ? cant wait to hear this

You are being pedantic because I have a point. Yes these set of 5 must be changed, to a different set of 5, probably featuring 3 of these. Idiot. Let me go and get some of your typo errors and waste space on the forum.

You are being pedantic because I have a point. Yes these set of 5 must be changed, to a different set of 5, probably featuring 3 of these. Idiot. Let me go and get some of your typo errors and waste space on the forum.

How can it be a different set of 5 involving 3 of these ? Is it me or does that not make sense ?

And please , if you have a problem , attack the post not the poster . An idiot i am not , thanks .

Edited by phlipphlop